Profile for Adam Wainwright > Reviews

Content by Adam Wainwright

Adam Wainwright "Aardvark" (Nottingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fiskars 15 x 60 cm Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo, Multi-Colour
Fiskars 15 x 60 cm Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for quilters!, 21 Nov. 2015
Excellent tool for cutting fabric. I couldn't get on with a handheld cutter due to fear of the blade but this works well for my quilting projects, especially being able to cut and measure in one. Recommended.

Sony MDR-ZX110 Overhead Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-ZX110 Overhead Headphones - Black
Offered by Pii Deals

2.0 out of 5 stars Apart from that they work fine., 15 July 2015
Headphone plug had intermittent connection about a week into use.

Replaced with a decent plug. Apart from that they work fine.

Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker ®
Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker ®

3.0 out of 5 stars First of all it would be nice if it told you how many calls it had ..., 15 July 2015
This does what is is meant to do. I have only a few wishes, however.

First of all it would be nice if it told you how many calls it had blocked. I know it is a bit soft to ask but I like the idea of it showing how much it is helping you.

Secondly I find that my BT phone (non-DEC) has significantly quieter sound since the unit was installed. Obviously the call blocker takes some power to do its stuff but I didn't think I'd have to shout 'speak up!' to bone-fide callers! ;)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2015 12:16 PM BST

Celestron Moon Filter
Celestron Moon Filter

2.0 out of 5 stars Soft plastic construction., 15 July 2015
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
The construction of this filter leaves a lot to be desired. The transmission is OK but the filter is made of a soft plastic (feels like polypropylene) and as a result I find it im.possible to screw into any eyepieces, including a Celestron Ultima eyepiece I have.

I suggest going a bit upmarket and getting one with a decent assembly. I'll most probably get another but make sure it is metal or a harder plastic.

Neutrik 3.5mm Right Angle Stereo Plug - Nickel
Neutrik 3.5mm Right Angle Stereo Plug - Nickel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 24 Jun. 2015
Good plug but make sure if you're replacing a headphone connector you use a *hot* soldering iron as the wires these days are coated and my electrical one wouldn't do, had to use a gas-heated iron.

Garmin ANT CHIP
Garmin ANT CHIP

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for Zwift with Garmin!, 24 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Garmin ANT CHIP (Electronics)
Works well with the Zwift application and my Garmin cadence meter/Garmin HRM strap.

Daniel Hechter 1/1-B.D Men's Loose Fit Casual Shirt -  Orange - Medium
Daniel Hechter 1/1-B.D Men's Loose Fit Casual Shirt - Orange - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, nice colour., 24 Jun. 2015
Good fitting, nice colour, as seen on image. My new favourite shirt!

Bassetts Jelly Babies Carton 540 g (Pack of 3)
Bassetts Jelly Babies Carton 540 g (Pack of 3)
Offered by krish shoppers

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, very overpriced., 24 Jun. 2015
While the goods are what they said they were the pricing, I find, is WAY too high. I see that a 460g box from Tesco is £4 per box. These are 80g more so even if you put an extra pound in then that makes 3 boxes £15, not nearly £20.

Bought as a birthday present for a sweet-toothed nephew reaching his 18th.

Caveat emptor, as they say!

Casio W-800H-1AVES  Men's Resin Digital Watch
Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's Resin Digital Watch
Offered by TONEWATCH S.A.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap watch, 9 Jun. 2013
I am rubbish at watches and keep losing or breaking them. So with a christmas gift voucher I bought this watch as it as a bit retro and fairly cheap. I got this one rather than the cheapest as the screen was slightly larger (or so appeared). I wanted a watch that would just tell the time, not one that did a gazillion things. "Do one thing and do it well!"

The watch keeps time and looks good. I do a lot of mountain biking so it is used for when I'm out and about.

The only negative (hence the 4-star not 5) is that the face is some form of polycarbonate and I have already got marks on it.

But for the price I can't complain!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 9:48 PM GMT

Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game with OK ending, tbh., 23 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I preordered the game when the date was released and waited eagerly for delivery. Amazon didn't disappoint and it was delivered exactly when they said.

The game itself has not changed much in gameplay between ME2 and ME3, I did think this game was somewhat shorter than ME2 - in the previous game you had to get your team together and then to get them loyal perform a mission for them. In this one it was building a team then going to slap the baddies.

A lot of the back story was revealed as you would expect within this game and there are some momentous decisions to make but I'm not giving spoilers...! The dream sequences did get me thinking 'Eh?' for quite some time until the end.

As for the ending I did initially go 'Oh'. But when it comes down to it what kind of ending would you want? You get to the endpoint and you can't really have a gazillion choices based upon your previous games' decisions - there wouldn't be enough space on the Blu-ray for that or enough time to encode it. There had to be a sort of 'stock' scenario. Similar in many ways to what happened in 'Babylon 5' - you can't outgun the incredibly powerful baddies, you have to outthink them.

I would have liked a more positive ending or say up to five scenarios but I thought the game was great and am now missing Commander Shepard so am replaying ME2 before picking up ME3 again (can't do ME1 as it isn't available for PS3, boo!).

And, kudos to EA in that I can now have a boyfriend in the game. Playing 'straight' just didn't feel right to me.

Page: 1 | 2