Profile for C. Hiley > Reviews

C. Hiley (Leeds, UK)

Audioquest 15660 DragonFly Converter, Black
Audioquest 15660 DragonFly Converter, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Small gadget - what a big difference, 20 Sept. 2015
I'd been thinking about buying new headphones to use with a laptop when I read that a DAC was advisable for best results. This one fell within my budget so decided to give it a try wondering if it would be a worthwhile purchase. I must say I am impressed. I haven't decided on the headphones yet but am already noticing the difference in sound quality when I play the laptop streamed music through my music system. I don't have a particularly expensive set up but this little unit has definitely improved my listening pleasure. Always been a bit sceptical about the digital v analogue argument but must admit I can now tell the difference.

HQ 2 Audio Sources into 1 Output Manual 2-Port Audio Switch
HQ 2 Audio Sources into 1 Output Manual 2-Port Audio Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little gadget, 27 April 2014
Solved the problem of not enough inputs on my Sony mini sound system. Works perfectly allowing me to switch sound from my laptop and record deck at the push of a button.

HP Premium - Glossy photo paper - 100 x 150 mm - 60 sheet(s)
HP Premium - Glossy photo paper - 100 x 150 mm - 60 sheet(s)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 27 April 2014
Very pleased with this product BUT make sure you order the correct size. If you're an oldie like me the metric sizing can be confusing.

Xylo Micro USB Mains Charger For The Sony Xperia Mobile Phone Range - E, L, M, SP, V, Z, ZL, ZR & Z Ultra

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend, 27 April 2014
The USB end fell apart after only a few weeks use plus when the phone was charging, the Android operating system became unstable and wouldn't work properly. Based on my experience, I'm sorry, but I can't recommend this as being a satisfactory purchase.

No Quarter Asked No Quarter Given
No Quarter Asked No Quarter Given
by Stephen Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars A bare knuckle romp indeed............., 31 Dec. 2008
Have never been a fan of boxing or novels set in the 18th century so I was surprised how this particular tale captured my imagination. From start to finish I felt transported back to a chaotic time where fighting rules had only just been introduced. But this book is about more than boxing. It visits the seamy side of the poor and the landed gentry in vivid detail. You can sense the darkness of those foreboding times - not only of the conditions but also the characters, lightened by frequent escapades with ladies of easy virtue. Our hero seems strangely out of place, too good for this place. Will we learn of his existence beyond this story in a future volume ? I sincerely hope so.