Profile for L. Sheridan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
MINIRIG Portable rechargeable speaker BLUE
MINIRIG Portable rechargeable speaker BLUE
Offered by etailz UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive sound and battery life, beautiful, and made in UK! Fantastic for travelling., 6 Mar. 2015
So glad I found this - very pleased. Remarkable sound - impressively room-filling, clear and loud. Arrived with plenty of charge for instant play - brilliant! Nice bass - for a small speaker, don't expect miracles - but plenty for someone as addicted to bass as me, to fill a 25ft room, especially near a wall. Impressive battery life so far. All this and beautiful design, beautiful packaging and carry case, and made in Bristol! Fantastic for travelling, grooving in hotel rooms, camping, in the garden etc (careful not to disturb others, of course! It can go really loud!).
Some minor downsides, that I knew before purchase: must carry the power cable (can plug the other end into any USB but it's annoying it's not a standard USB cable - at least the case has a nice spot to tuck the cables in); and must unplug the audio jack to turn it off. I like the simplicity of no off button, but now realise I have to keep track of the unplugged audio cable when it's off. I can tuck it in the case when travelling, but it's lying about otherwise. I view no bluetooth is a pro (much cheaper, no hassle connecting, just plugnplay) though my partner went "wires! bah". I am happy to plug my phone in for tunes on the go, especially when the speaker is this price and size. It rocks! Get one!

Trangia 27 Hardanodised Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner
Trangia 27 Hardanodised Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cookset, easy to clean, bombproof stove, neat pack size., 31 Mar. 2014
Took this for a spin for 14 days tramping - brilliant bombproof set. Took the advice of other reviewers that the hardanodised pans were worth spending a bit more becasuse they are much easier to clean, and they certainly were easy - a real bonus when trying to clean off porridge with cold water (and freezing fingers!). The stove is very easy to control and pretty fast to boil because of the enclosing stand - I had worried that meths took ages and lots of fuel, but that was not the case - it was fast. Half a litre of meths cooked us more than a week's food. I think the whole set was lighter than the equivalent amount of kit with gas canisters, and packed smaller. We ditched the kettle - really cute and I bet it boils fast, but we wanted to save weight and the pans can boil up easily fast enough. A great price for the set anyway. The pans are very neat - note they are 1 litre to the very brim, so you can only boil maybe 800ml, but we found this set perfect for 2.

Saint Germain des Pres Cafe 15
Saint Germain des Pres Cafe 15

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky and delicious, 31 Mar. 2014
I'm so glad I took a chance on this! If you like Thievery Corporation, you'll enjoy this. I love it, full of thievery goodness, very funky yet laid back. The autorip seems to contain a thievery mix of over an hour that I don't see on the track listing - a mix of disk2 I think, and it is great. I have been bopping along to it, good dancy beats.

Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars neat size but not much grunt, 9 July 2013
I was only expecting a single charge from this mini, but I am a bit disappointed that it was so slow and not even a full charge (unlike other reviewers reported). It took 4 hours to take my S4 from 36% to 93% battery and then the light went off. My phone was on but not doing anything and wifi was off. Is this normal? I also have the bigger 10,000 mAh Anker battery pack and it is brilliant, and I wanted the mini for a smaller lighter one-charge solution, but it is much slower than my friend's small and lighter battery pack of some other make, and not able to provide a full charge. Others seem happier with it, so maybe I have a dud.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 9:53 AM BST

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant convenient power on the move, 27 Jun. 2013
Excellent device. Use your devices freely without worrying about running out of juice! As they are meant to be used. At last, I can use all the GPS, wifi or video I want on the move, make the screen superbright in the sun when needed, and not fear being left phoneless before reaching a power socket. I got the 10,000mAh and not the even bigger one to save weight - this has plenty of grunt, like carrying 5 spare phone batteries, and I prefer the shape and weight of this one; it's like a rather hefty extra phone. I've not managed to see exactly how many charges I can get out of it yet as I've only done 3 charges of my S4 on a trip so far, but it still indicated 3/4 full, so I'm quite impressed. Not tried it for tablets yet but friends report it works well. I've even used it at home as my bedside charger - more convenient than my wall sockets! Though I have to cover up the bright blue lights. I also bought the mini 2600mAh as a more pocketable spare battery for short trips. It totally changes how I use my gadgets, highly recommended - get one!

ASUS Transformer TF700 10.1-inch Tablet with Keyboard Dock (Gold) (nVIDIA Tegra 3 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Front Webcam, Rear Webcam, Android 4.0 ICS)
Offered by Office Solutions Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous tablet, and the dock makes it a fab little android laptop, 13 Sept. 2012
I love my new Infinity! The screen is just fantastic on this thing, absolutely superb for watching video. The huge resolution also makes a big difference for clarity and ease of use with email and web browsing. The amazing screen, fantastic battery life, beefy processing power, and keyboard with USB and SD slots made this the only choice for me. I can watch video over my home LAN or easily put the films I want on it for travelling and it will last longer than a longhaul flight - and look great. The keyboard is excellent, much better than error-prone tablet jabbing with fingers, but it's nice to be able to easily switch to tablet only. I even like the gold colour - it's a very subtle shade.
Like all tablets, the screen is glossy which is a bit of a pain outdoors with reflections, but it can go superbright to attempt to counteract that. I wish for a matt screen, but I don't need to web surf in the sun much so who cares. It's so ultrabook-like it's important to remember it's an android, with the limitations and differences that brings. It's not a laptop so I had to learn different ways to do things, like how to access files on my LAN (get ES file manager!). Well worth it for the upside of lasting 3 times as long as a netbook and with a far better screen. For video and email on the move, this is a superb machine. As a bonus, it's extremely cool looking!

Supergets® Samsung Galaxy S2 Si9100 purple silicone case cover skin, screen protector and polishing cloth

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, protects screen face down, but muffles phone calls! Still like it anyway!, 13 Aug. 2012
I really like this case, but people told me it made my phone calls very echoey, and so I give it 3 stars. However it is trivial to slip on and off, because it is very flexible rubber, and I really like it, so I still use it, and slip it off during calls. I spend a lot more time playing with smartphone features than making calls anyway! It has enough of a lip to protect the lovely screen when placed face down on a flat surface, which was my main objective, and it looks great. It's a brilliant purple colour, nice and grippy in the hand, and very distinctive. Also great value. If you want something to protect your phone, make it colourful, and make it less likely you'll drop it, I recommend it.

Serenity Teak Steamer Chair with Wheels and Blue Cushion - Jati Brand, Quality & Value
Offered by Jati

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic comfort in the garden, and I can move it with one hand!, 13 Aug. 2012
I am delighted with this luxurious object. This steamer chair is so comfortable to sit on, perfect for reading, and so easy to move around - I can tip it up and wheel it about with one hand, so I can move it into the sun while holding coffee in the other hand! The wheels are essential for me. The teak and brass fittings look great and it feels very sturdy - the husband approves. It was trivial to attach the legrest, just slide it into the spiral slot. The cushion looks great and has a pillow at the end you can flip over to use or not.
Teak was also a must for me - teak doesn't need treating like cheaper woods and ages gracefully to a beautiful silver. It starts out a lovely golden colour, and you can oil it to keep the colour, but I love that it's not essential, I don't want to spend precious garden time on maintaining garden furniture.
I found the steamer uncomfortable without the legrest, it's too long to use as chair, but it might be OK for those with longer legs; but why buy a steamer and not use all of it anyway? The lower cushion part also detaches (by velcro) which is an unexpected bonus - it is still very comfortable without it, it's easier to carry, and I can pop out for morning coffee and avoid putting dewy garden shoes on the cushion. I was a bit disappointed it doesn't recline anywhere near flat, but that's ok, for sitting and lounging it's superb. It's not very comfortable without a cushion, as I expected, but with either the steamer cushion or 2 small chair cushions it is heavenly comfort. It is perfect for my purposes, providing comfort for garden contemplation and reading, and easy to move around.

Austin Powers: 1:18 Scale Shaguar Car
Austin Powers: 1:18 Scale Shaguar Car

5.0 out of 5 stars The Shaguar is superb!, 17 April 2012
Recipient absolutely thrilled with this, it is quite superb. Beautiful paint job and attention to detail, the silvery engine under the bonnet and the bling cockpit detail, even the underneath of the car, are all really nicely detailed. The metal construction is solid and heavy. It is a beautiful object! The Shaguar box is fun and the numberplate is Swinger. Love it!

Sony Car cassette adaptor
Sony Car cassette adaptor
Offered by Jeremiah Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality, miles better than fm transmitter, 17 April 2012
Really pleased with this item - and now glad I've got a tape player in the car! Provides excellent quality music from phones and mp3 players in the car. Miles better than various fm transmitters I've used, which could be great sometimes, but often suffered from interference and caused tedious searching for a less crowded frequency. With the tape adaptor, just plug it in and get trouble-free good sound.
Not CD quality but usually pretty close and easily good enough for the car, depending on the source - sometimes want a bit of adjustment of levels in the music source. A great advantage over the iphone fm transmitters (itrip tunecast etc) is the fact that you can control the volume - eg turn up the source if it is quiet, which is frustratingly ignored on the iphone fm transmitters with their autolevels.
Other reviews led me to pick this one, the sony adaptor - the most expensive - because they said it is better quality, and it's well worth it, I'm very happy with the results. I've only had this a month so I can't vouch for its longevity, but if it broke I'll definitely buy another.

Page: 1 | 2