Profile for Ted > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Under The Skin
Under The Skin

3.0 out of 5 stars A tad over-hyped perhaps, 2 July 2015
This review is from: Under The Skin (Kindle Edition)
I bought this on offer as I was interested in the film and thought I would read the book as a prequel. I finished the book and it's OK, but perhaps I was looking for too much. Let's put it this way, having read the book I doubt if I will go and see the film.

Wolfcraft 4642000 Undercover Jig-Set
Wolfcraft 4642000 Undercover Jig-Set

5.0 out of 5 stars A good innovative product, 2 Sept. 2014
Looks to solve a problem of how do you make a box quickly. I've used this a couple of times so far and it seems very good at joining two pieces of wood at 90 degrees, which is what is required most times on projects.

An innovative solution. Viewing the You Tube video is very useful as it gives a good idea of what it can be used for.

I can recommend this product

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product at a good price, 2 Sept. 2014
I bought this for a 13 inch macbook pro. It fits well. Although not a tight fit it seems more than adequate to protect the laptop in any travel bag and to prevent marks and scratches when stored.

I can recommend this product

The Babylon Revelation
The Babylon Revelation

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiffing yarn, 9 April 2014
The story flowed well and all in all a good read in true boys' own style, with many plot twists and turns.

I agree with some of the reviews though mentioning typos etc., but for me it did not detract from the book too much. Better editing next time?

All in all a spiffing yarn which I thoroughly enjoyed and I look forward to the author's next book with interest

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 4 Mar. 2014
I bought this to link a freesat box and a DVD player to my router. It does the job well and with very little power consumption. The supplied adapter is barely warm to the touch and the unit remains cool.

The Crucifix Killer (Robert Hunter Book 1)
The Crucifix Killer (Robert Hunter Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A page turner, 24 Jun. 2013
A well written, easy read book which has wanting to read more to find out what happens next. A lot of suspense and a good plot. I shall be reading more of this author as he has an excellent writing style (for me, anyway).

String Theory for the Rest of Us but not for Dummies: String Theory Simplified
String Theory for the Rest of Us but not for Dummies: String Theory Simplified

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good content or value, 3 Jun. 2012
I agree wholeheartedly with the review from Mr KELLY. Additionally, the book does not expand on any of the concepts introduced in a meaningful manner and does little for the understanding of string theory. Even if it was free it would be a waste of time. I was suckered by the free sample thinking that there would be a whole lot more content with coherent explanation. I was sorely mistaken.

I'm now off to search out a MEANINGFUL book about String theory - one that leaves me with some understanding, rather that a string of overly simplistic statements.

Certainly not to be recommended and not a good addition to a Kindle library.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2012 10:41 PM BST

Expert Shield *Lifetime Guarantee* - THE Screen Protector for: (iPad 2/3/4 Generation Anti Glare Expert Shield)
Offered by Expert Shield

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 25 Nov. 2011
Receive the screen protector in a timely manner. Although this screen protector costs more than others on the market I wanted a good one, and after reading the reviews went for the Expert Shield.

As I had not fitted a screen protector before it was a bit of a learning exercise. It was certainly easier with two people. One to advance the protector over the screen and the other person to remove the inevitable bits of dust the are attracted to the screen after cleaning, which then find their way onto the protector. The idea of using sticky tape to remove dust from the underside of the screen as it is applied worked well.

After installation the finish looks good. It's silky smooth and gives a good matt finish to the screen.

As it's my first screen protector I can't comment on if it's the best or not, but it worked for me. Allow some time to fit the screen and be patient.

USB Telephone
USB Telephone

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 21 July 2010
This review is from: USB Telephone (Electronics)
Just the job if you want to use a VoIP service, such as Skype. The handset has an integrated sound chip that installs automatically in Windows. In my case Skype offered to use the handset automatically.

Performance is excellent - good send and receive volume out of the box. The only thing that the handset does not have is a keypad but as I dial out from the application itself this is not a problem for me.

Delivery was prompt from the vendor and the price is good. Recommended!

Navigating with a GPS: Getting the Best from Your GPS (Cicerone Mini-guides)
Navigating with a GPS: Getting the Best from Your GPS (Cicerone Mini-guides)
by Pete Hawkins

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 6 July 2010
I bought this book as a companion to a Garmin Etrex H that I had just bought. It covers the essentials and also gives you the basics of compass navigation, which I found very intesting. It brought back memories of map reading lessons in O Level Geography!

The book is quite small in size, about 16x10cm, which was a bit of a let down for me. Although it will fit in a rucksack without any problems I would not give much for trying to read it by the light of a torch on a windswept hillside, especially with ageing eyes... The moral is read it and understand it - before you need it.

Ted