Profile for Mike > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Avtex STH1000 Suction Mounted Caravan TV Aerial
Avtex STH1000 Suction Mounted Caravan TV Aerial
Offered by Car Audio Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant! A bit pricey for a portable aerial perhaps, 1 Nov 2014
Absolutely brilliant!

A bit pricey for a portable aerial perhaps, but it pulls in an excellent strong signal when the Status 550 directional aerial fitted to my van and costing £145.00 failed dismally to pull in a half decent signal.

I used the Avtex aerial inside my van and had a good, solid signal with no break-up in BBC and ITV HD channels when the Status couldn't manage a decent signal on n0n-HD channels.

Buy it, you won't regret it!

Grip Puppies Comfort Over Grip
Grip Puppies Comfort Over Grip
Offered by Motorcycleparts UK

4.0 out of 5 stars They pretty much do what they claim and they do seem ..., 1 Nov 2014
This review is from: Grip Puppies Comfort Over Grip
I bought these to dampen the high frequency vibration that I was experiencing from my 4 cylinder Kawasaki 1000. They pretty much do what they claim and they do seem to have improved the comfort.
They do increase the grip diameter, so if you have smaller hands than me, they may well not suite you.
They are easy enough to fit, simply cut to length and, in my case, spray the inside liberally with cheap hair lacquer and they slide on and when the hair lacquer dries, it pretty much glues the Grip Puppies to the standard grips.
Sorry to labour the point, but if you have smaller hands, then these will almost certainly not suit you and, once again this is just my opinion, but they are a little over-priced for what they are.

Wüsthof SILVERPOINT Knife set - 9815 - 3 pc.
Wüsthof SILVERPOINT Knife set - 9815 - 3 pc.
Offered by York Catering Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to be honest these knives are excellent quality and the cutting edge is superb and maintains ..., 1 Nov 2014
I bought this knife set after reading the other reviews. I have to be honest these knives are excellent quality and the cutting edge is superb and maintains it's sharpness.
I should add that I bought the Grunwerg 10in Diamond Sharpening Steel to keep the edge on these knives, so far I haven't had to use it.
I take care of the knives, I keep them on a wall-mounted magnetic strip instead of putting them into a draw to take care of the edge. This knife set is a kitchen essential for anyone from someone like me, an enthusiastic amateur, to a professional chef on a budget. Probably the best investment in kitchen ware that I have ever made, recommended!

Grunwerg 10in Diamond Sharpening Steel DS-825D/10
Grunwerg 10in Diamond Sharpening Steel DS-825D/10
Offered by Sands Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and essential kitchen tool to maintain a keen cutting ..., 1 Nov 2014
Excellent and essential kitchen tool to maintain a keen cutting edge on your kitchen knives, I should have bought this years ago instead of relying on carborundum stones! Recommended!

Germany Marco Polo Map
Germany Marco Polo Map
by n/a
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars I was not disappointed, it is easily one of the best maps ..., 29 Sep 2014
This review is from: Germany Marco Polo Map (Map)
I have always used Michelin maps for my Continental tours, but when I visited Denamrk last year I couldn't get a Michelin map and so I bought a Marco Polo Map.
The Marco Polo Map was superb and so it was only natural that I should look at the Marco Polo Map for Germany. I was not disappointed, it is easily one of the best maps that I have ever used. Clear, concise with a high level of detail and easy to use and with good coverage of the surrounding countries so you can easily follow from one country to the next over the borders.

Acctim 74367 Peron Radio Controlled Wall Clock, Silver
Acctim 74367 Peron Radio Controlled Wall Clock, Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money!, 15 Jun 2014
This clock is fantastic! I gives the correct time twice a day!!!

Why twice a day? Because it does not work. You put a battery in and it does not work. OK, maybe it is the battery, so you open a brand new pack and try 4 more batteries in the vain hope that it may just work.

In your heart of hearts you know it is not going to work. Ever!

You try and contact the manufacturer. They do not answer the phone. You try email. They don't reply.

If I could give a zero or minus rating, then I would. Unfortunately, I have to give a star rating, so I gave it one star. I can just about justify 1 star because it arrived at the correct address within a few days.

Learn from my experience and save your money, you get what you pay for and in this case, the cost must be for the postage and packing because the contents are not worth a bean!!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2014 12:06 PM BST

Edimax EW-7717UN WiFi 802.11n USB2 Adapter
Edimax EW-7717UN WiFi 802.11n USB2 Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 20 May 2014
Does exactly what it claims to do.

It pulls in a good signal every time, this is sited in my conservatory as far away from the router as you can get. My other wireless devices always fall off here, but when this is plugged into my PC, it never fails to pick up a strong and reliable signal.

I am very pleased with this device.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound quality, brilliant value., 20 May 2014
I actually ordered this earphones in Black/Red and stated this on my order. When they arrived, they were Black/Copper coloured, my least favourite of the colour combinations on offer, so I was a little disappointed.

However, when they are in your ears, you can't see the colour and the colour doesn't make any difference to the sound quality.

Initially, they sounded as if they had a little too much treble for my tastes, but after using them for a while, the sound quality improved and the bass started to come through, (all speakers, head-phones and earphones need time to "burn in"), and now they sound really good!

I use them with a 4th Generation iPod Touch, my Motorola Razr phone and my old faithful Sandisk Sensa E280 and they all sound good through these earphones. I also have a set of Sennheiser earphones which have a more bassy sound and a set of AKG 450 headphones for when I really feel self-indulgent!

One tip is while they come with 3 different sizes of rubber type ear tips, I bought some Comply Foam Tips to enhance listening pleasure.

These earphones are a real bargain at this price, in fact, they would be fantastic value for money if they were twice the price, I know everyone's tastes are different, but you will have to spend a lot more money to get better than these.

The Greatest Hits
The Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant!, 20 May 2014
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
If you don't buy another album by Texas, then buy this one!

This album is a timeless classic, buy it!

Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 20 May 2014
I have always been a massive fan of the Playstation and the Grand Turismo series.

Forza 4 has changed that view! I like the Playstation and I am not a fan of the Xbox, (well Microsoft to be honest with you), but Forza 4 is worth buying an Xbox 360 for even if you don't play any other games on it! Yes, it really is that good!

Just buy it, especially at today's price, you won't regret it if you like pure driving games.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5