Profile for S. MAGILL > Reviews

The Last Canadian
by William C Heine
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!!!, 25 Dec. 2009
I have read this book three times, and it never gets old. I highly recommend this book (if you can find it). It will keep you reading late into the night, and would bet that you would be tempted to start again at the beginning when finished! I can't say enough good things about this book.

Handbook of Preoperative Assessment and Management (Lippincott Williams and Wilkins Handbook Series)
by BobbieJean Sweitzer

5.0 out of 5 stars So informative!!, 26 May 2008
I won't write a long review for this book, as I often think that people just skim them anyways. All I do want to say is that this handbook is just perfect for what I needed it for! It is full of excellent information on preoperative assessment! It is not just for physicians or anaesthetists! I am using it in my preoperative nursing assessments! It is full of excellent information for understanding where anaesthetists are coming from when they request further tests! I have learned so much from reading this book, and feel as though it has added so much to my assessments!

The only negative would be that it is US based (and I am nursing in the UK)so many of the medications, and tests preformed are centered around the US (also it is centered around their pay-as-you-go health care system) But to be honest, this is only a small negative.

I really recommend this book to any anaesthetist, Doctor OR NURSE who is wanting to increase their knowledge base on preoperative assessments.