Profile for S > Reviews

Content by S

S "S" (Kent, United Kingdom)

SoundMAGIC PL30 Earphones - Black
SoundMAGIC PL30 Earphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars My faith has been restored, 9 July 2011
I have tried so many in ear headphones and never managed to get a good fit. I went for these on a whim due to their price and that cord goes over the ear first hoping I could get a decent fit.

After mucking about with the different ear pieces (for literally a few mins) I managed to get a secure fit with a pair of foam tips, the cord going over the ear definately helps.

I have worn them non stop for 3 weeks and am very impressed with the sound and the comfort for the price I can't complain.

Patriot XT Boost 200X 8GB USB 2.0 Rugged Waterproof and Shock Resistant Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick!, 6 Jan. 2011
If you want a quick and non fragile usb this is the one for you!

Not much else to add. Would be good if the cap was attached in someway but to be fair it hasn't fallen off yet.

Better than something housed in plastic.

Hairspray (2007) Shake & Shimmy Special Edition [DVD]
Hairspray (2007) Shake & Shimmy Special Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Travolta

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 2 Jan. 2008
The storyline is good, the film itself ok but the songs - amazing. I'd say there are 4-5 stand out songs and the rest are pretty good too.

Out Of Nothing
Out Of Nothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Out Of Nothing (Audio CD)
Right, so i've had this a while and i'd only really listened to a few songs (ashes, gravity and someday). Then I got bored one day and put it back on (a few months later) and I can't believe I havent appreciated this masterpiece earlier.

Aside from the single releases, the highlights are Keeping, Spell It Out, Wish em all Away, Near Life, Out of Nothing (half the album).

Keeping and Spell it out are decent, lyrically clever songs with catchy riffs which stay in your head. The lyrics to me seem quite poignent and memorable.

Near Life and Out of Nothing are like a revelation, they are atmospheric and intense, you can feel layers of sound within the songs which you can just escape into. The guitars are brilliant. Out of Nothing is one of the best songs ive heard, it starts off slow and chilled and then theres one word which sums the rest up and thats epic.

Dry Kids (B-Sides 1997-2005)
Dry Kids (B-Sides 1997-2005)
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lost Gem, 11 Sept. 2006
I hate B sides, I think they're boring and a waste of space until I brought this. This is one of the best cds I own, funny considering its a compliation of B Sides, but its more than that, a series of experiments, which in a strange way work.

I don't think i've even listened to it properly yet as I seem to get stuck on the same songs, Madeline and Feels Like Glue are two of the best songs i've ever heard and could have been potential singles. In Madeline, Danny McNamara's lyrics and voice tell a story which you can hear and feel the vulnerability and fustration the lyrics are conveying.

Feels Like Glue is a different kettle of fish, its kinda of laid back, late summer evening esq. The chorus is great.

There are other highlights which show the diversity of the band, which im sure would surprise some people as not being 'very' Embrace.

Buy this cd - you won't be disappointed.

This New Day
This New Day

5.0 out of 5 stars This New Day, 11 April 2006
This review is from: This New Day (Audio CD)
Having bought out of nothing when it was released and being impressed, the release of this album had a lot to live upto - im my opinion it doesn't disappoint.
My favourites are no use crying, natures law, target, I can't come down and this new day.
With an album like this its a matter of time before the rest of the tracks grow on me. Buy this album!