ARRAY(0xb3d0ef3c)

Profile for lovemurakami > Reviews

Content by lovemurakami
Top Reviewer Ranking: 634

lovemurakami "tooty2" (uk)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Corsair Raptor HS40 USB 7.1 Comfortable Gaming Headset
Corsair Raptor HS40 USB 7.1 Comfortable Gaming Headset
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it's my ears!, 19 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I read other reviews of these headphones and have to agree that the sound is very good - but I'm not totally convinced by the 7.1 surround sound (or even the 5.1) I checked them out with games,music and blu ray movies and to me they don't compare favourably with an 'actual' surround sound system - but maybe I'm comparing apples and oranges - their just different! It must also be said that these are the only surround sound headphones that I've tried - there are probably better ones out there - and I'm sure there are worse - but for the price these seem fine.

One thing I differ on is the degree of comfort I don't find them particularly comfortable - I think I have quite small ears - so they should be OK - but I found them a little claustrophobic - and as for cutting out external sounds - whilst wearing them I could still hear music played through my PC speakers (at a normal volume) especially the bass frequencies - and my hearing is not that good!

I tried out the microphone with a couple of programmes and thought it was OK - but I'm not a game player and this is not meant as a stand-alone mike for recording etc.

I have a lot of different programmes that have an audio component and some ‘conflict’ with each other so the fact that these headphones were not automatically recognised by some of them is only to be expected I guess?
The only other thing I'd mention is the lack of any information with the packaging - I went to the Corsair site and downloaded the drivers which also includes a little equalizer app - so settings can be customised - but it would have been nice to be at least guided there!

Inside Llewyn Davis [DVD] [2014]
Inside Llewyn Davis [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Oscar Isaac
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Coens do it again!, 18 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is not a typical Coen Brothers film, yes it does have John Goodman in it and yes it is of as high a standard as ever and yes music is central to it. In fact, that's what it's about, set in Greenwich Village, focusing on the folk scene as it was before Dylan, it tells of a singer, LLewyn Davis not Lew N Davis, it's Welsh you know! Llewyn was once in a duo but now he is out there on his own, apart from a ginger cat who is constantly wanting to go his own way. Think of this as a musical odyssey of a roadtrip, it is an absolute joy of a watch.

The cinematography is stunning, the filters applied to it are quite wonderful. Oscar Issac is just about in every shot, he should've been nominated and won an Oscar, his central performance is full of emotion, pain, desperation and the need to perform. The music which was all performed live is fabulous. If you are a lover of music then this is the film for you. Adore it as it should be adored!

Veet Easy Wax Sensitive Electrical Kit
Veet Easy Wax Sensitive Electrical Kit
Price: 15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Waxing Lyrical.....ish, 13 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Comes nicely packaged and once out of the box, it is easy to set up and you should be ready to wax within 20 minutes. I found that the wax went on my legs quite nicely and after removing, there was no residue. This is a good kit for anyone who likes to wax rather than using other hair removal kits, I say like, but as anyone who has waxed knows it is not exactly painless!

The refills are at the moment 9.99, which I would say is rather costly, and this is why I've given only 3 stars, due to value, to some people this might seem an okay investment and obviously you do get longer results than say a razor, but a decent electric razor or epilator isn't going to set you back much more and once bought you don't need to get refills.

Corsair CH-9000042-EU Raptor M30 Performance 4000 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
Corsair CH-9000042-EU Raptor M30 Performance 4000 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a gamer but ......, 1 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Straight away I'm going to say I'm not a gamer, however I do seem to go through a fair few mice, so this corsair mouse looks as though it will last me for quite a while. Firstly it is a large mouse, so if you are using a laptop and like a smaller mouse this isn't the one for you, although I am using it with my laptop and have found a user friendly space for it. It sits comfortably in your hand and feels comfortable ( sorry for the overuse of the word comfortable). The central wheel again is in the correct position and scrolls on a webpage well. The usb cable is very long which can be useful and it is made of a mesh material (similar to the type of fabric on an ironing cord), so hopefully with use this isn't going to wear away (what I have found with other mice is that the plastic snaps near to the body of the mouse). Where the cable goes into the mouse there is a reinforced connection, again a positive for me as this is where I always have problems with 'wear and tear'.

So overall, I'm impressed although I must say, again if you are not a gamer the price might put you off, but if it lasts for years and you are like me, think of how much you might spend in the future on mice for your computer.

Carthage
Carthage
by Joyce Carol Oates
Price: 10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Where others fear to tread!, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Carthage (Paperback)
The difference between a writer and a great writer is that the latter will produce a piece of work which is at once engaging, it may provoke you as well as endeavour to make you consider viewpoints which you may not agree with. Throughout her long and varied career, Joyce Carol Oates has produced fiction and non-fiction which are frequently not ‘easy’ reads, they will challenge you, making you question your moral codes and often offer alternatives which you may struggle with. She never shies away from controversy which is what makes her work so exciting to read.

With Carthage, she has once again created a work of fiction which delves deep into the dark side of American society, looking at the effects of its’ war on terror has had on individuals and communities. Readers of Oates are well aware of her mastery of the ‘psychological’ thriller, and in Carthage she once gives us a master class in the genre but also produces a highly readable, intense work of fiction. The novel centres around the disappearance of Cressida Mayfield, the daughter of the former mayor of Carthage, she was last seen with her sister’s ex-fiancé, Corporal Brett Kincaid, a veteran of the Iraq war who has suffered huge trauma to both his mind and body. As the story unfolds, we witness the impact of her disappearance on those involved, how there is a blurring of what is truth and what is not, and how we as human beings attempt to overcome tragedy turning to places and people we would never usually contemplate.

This is not just a ‘psychological’ thriller, it is an examination of war and its effects upon our psyche, it is also a condemnation of the American justice system and at it’s heart is the disintegration of a person’s or persons’ inner core. It is well documented that Joyce Carol Oates is a prolific writer, it is as if her desire to write is as necessary as her need to breath, does this mean her ability as a writer is weakened, the answer is no, her work contrives to tread where other writers would stumble.

Peppersmith tingz 100% xylitol sweets - Strawberry and Vanilla 15 g (Pack of 18, Total 450 Sweets)
Price: 16.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little Tingz!, 5 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Peppersmiths' tingz are pleasantly tangy and reassuringly sugar-free. I'm a type 2 diabetic but still get the urge/craving for something sweet to eat. Tingz fit the bill. However, the 'good for teeth' might apply to children but those of us with a mouth full of fillings or, worse still, crumbling teeth may need to be a little careful as tingz are quite hard, until bitten into. Parents should perhaps also take note of the Excessive consumption may cause laxative effects warning. At about 90p a packet they are not exactly cheap but they are a nice alternative to their sugar-laden counterparts.

Alpen Chunky Nuts Trail Bar 46g x 3 (Pack of 11, 33 bars in total)
Alpen Chunky Nuts Trail Bar 46g x 3 (Pack of 11, 33 bars in total)
Price: 14.73

4.0 out of 5 stars They're Chunky alright!, 4 Mar 2014
Alpen Chunky Nuts Trail Bar 46g x 3

I was impressed, when I opened the box, at how big each bar is - much bigger than your average cereal bar. I found the texture just about right, though not as moist as I was expecting;and they are pretty filling. For some reason I expected them to be sweeter - but the sugar content is quite high - I'm judging this as a type 2 diabetic who, as a rule of thumb, was told to try and avoid anything that contained over 20g of sugars per 100g.These bars contain 22g per 100g. Taking a closer look a the ingredients; there are quite a lot that are underlined; which means they are not suitable for some allergy sufferers. But at approx. 45p a bar these are a filling snack or a good addition to a packed lunch.

Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Cleansing System - Cleanser & Device
Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Cleansing System - Cleanser & Device
Price: 26.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple cleansing system, 4 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I noticed some people have had issues with the cream cleanser which is supplied with the pack. My skin is slightly sensitive and I have to be careful what I use to clean it, usually bodyshop cleansers. However, I haven't had any issues with the Olay exfoliating cleanser. What I would say is that you could use this device with any cleanser, I have tested it with exfoliator and a cream cleanser and it works well with either.

The device itself is simple to use, 2 buttons, one for speed (2 settings - slow and medium) and the other to turn on and off. The brush rotates and the instructions recommend you use it on your face for one minute. It is water tight, quite difficult to get the batteries in (supplied with device), although that makes sense, don't want water getting in with the batteries.

My only suggestion to improve this would be a timer, I have a toothbrush which vibrates every 30 seconds so you know how long you have been using it, this type of system would be useful on this exfoliating device as you need to work out how long you have been cleaning your face.

Size wise, it is neat and fairly small so would pack well, if you take it away on trips. Price wise there are cheaper on the market but there are also systems which are more expensive. I must say, I like this system as it is simplicity itself to use and not just something you would buy and use once or twice.

Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Price: 7.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Four cats, mixture of responses., 4 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As we all know our cats can be very fussy when it comes to food. I usually buy PurinaOne Urinary Tract Health or Royal Canin urinary care dry food. I wondered when I put the Almo Nature Rouge food down as to whether it would be touched. All 4 cats have ate some of it, but I have noticed the bowl is not being cleared as it would with their usual dry food.

Price wise, Almo Nature probably comes in at around the same price as my usual purchase, I do like the fact that the ingredients are quality, my only concern is the urinary care angle. One of my cats does have issues, and I know that dry food is better than wet for her, but I like to buy a specialist food which is formulated for urinary health.

Universal Monsters Wolfman Bust Bank
Universal Monsters Wolfman Bust Bank
Price: 19.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 28 Feb 2014
Nice quality, great item for any fan of horror. Nice designed, well constructed. In fact great for any movie fan!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20