Profile for Howard Lam > Reviews

Sony XBA1 Premium Quality In-Ear Headphones
Offered by Five Star
Price: 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars tinny?, 18 Jun 2013
Some reviews complain about the tinny sound. I think it's more a product of the headphones producing much better controlled sound, rather than the bass skewed alternatives. I quite like the clarity, I miss the lower frequency response, but at 29 I don't think you can get much better in terms of overall sound, fit and comfort.

Tigra Sport BikeConsole Weatherproof Case Cover and Bicycle Mount for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Black
Price: 26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, watch out for new version, 21 April 2013
I got this for a long road ride. Didn't know the route, so planned it on the computer, and used the android google navigation feature to guide me. Perfect fit, to phone and bike!

Get this if you want sat nav for bike ride. The downside is the phone battery doesn't last long. 5hours tops. There is a new version coming out which has an extra battery built-in, I like the product so much, will probably purchase this new version as well (when it's released sometime after April 2013.)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2013 5:06 PM GMT

Snowboard Binding SP Brotherhood 11/12
Snowboard Binding SP Brotherhood 11/12

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Feb 2012
There aren't many reviews for SP bindings on the net, so I will put down my 2 cents worth here. Bought a set of these (2010 edition) from a high street name, full price. After 2 seasons I can say they are my favourite bindings.

Quick entry bindings are not for everyone, none of them are great for strapping in and out during deep powder situations. But in my experience massive powder days have been few and far between, and if you don't crash, it's not a problem. For the other 90% of my riding, these are the best bindings no contest.

Pros:
Quick entry and exit (saves time, and saves my back)

Moving ankle strap means a snug fit with the straps doesn't compromise the ease of getting in and out, compared to Flow bindings

Fully reclining back means you can actually get out easily, unlike Cinch bindings

Cons:
Hassle to get in/out if you fall over in a couple of feet deep powder

Bottomline:
I don't see any reason to choose Flow or Cinch bindings when these guys are around. My Flow NXTs cost about the same, and I like the SP Brotherhood MUCH more.

Support:
I have had some issues with the bindings after two seasons of use, and SP have been more than helpful in resolving my technical difficulties.

SGP iPhone 4 Case Linear Crystal Series - Smooth Black
SGP iPhone 4 Case Linear Crystal Series - Smooth Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best?, 28 Dec 2011
Easy to put on, good fit. Unlike bumper case, doesn't have the annoying rubber edges. Protects the sides and back well, decent lip on the front. Good access to all ports and buttons. Only drawback is headphone socket hole is not extra large like some of the other cases out there, so not all headphones will fit. Well chuffed with it.

Belkin Cooling Stand for Laptops up to 17-inch - Black
Belkin Cooling Stand for Laptops up to 17-inch - Black
Price: 12.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, Watch out for the following, 4 Oct 2011
Good build quality compared to some of the cheaper alternatives listed on Amazon. Sturdy and definitely cools the laptop better. However, watch out for the following:

fan is noisy, and causes a perceivable amount of vibration
contact points front and back on the stand obscures some of the airvents on my Dell Studio 17
'Legs' at the back of the stand prop the thing up, but somehow they keep folding in when I move the laptop

Vacu Vin Champagne Saver with Pouring Spout - Black
Vacu Vin Champagne Saver with Pouring Spout - Black
Price: 9.63

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, poor fit, 18 Aug 2011
I like the idea of being able to pour direct, but it was not enough to make up for the poor fit (compared to simple stoppers) and fiddly mechanism.

Simple stopper is a better bet for my use.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the real thing, 17 Mar 2011
Bought this on the off chance this may be the real thing, and it is. Very satisfied, easy to change. Small complaint that the screw driver included is not quite right for the phone's screws. Also slight damage on the flash window, but again, inconsequential.

At this price point, there is really nothing to complain about. Some kits only have the glass, this one has the plastic caddy holding it as well, cheapest place I found for what you are getting.

Bottom line, it's the real thing, and it worked for me. I recommend this.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2011 2:36 PM BST

HomePlug AV Ethernet Adapter 200Mbps with Mains Pass Through
HomePlug AV Ethernet Adapter 200Mbps with Mains Pass Through

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, it WORKS, 28 Sep 2010
I have three of these plugs at home, and they all work great. Helps me get internet coverage where the wireless broadband hub doesn't reach.

Also Solwise customer support is amazing, the most helpful online people I have dealt with.

Can't recommend enough.

IPHONE 4 / IPHONE 4S BACK FACE TRANSPARENT COVER FILM SHIELD BY TERRAPIN
IPHONE 4 / IPHONE 4S BACK FACE TRANSPARENT COVER FILM SHIELD BY TERRAPIN
Offered by ClickJunkie
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but expensive, 14 July 2010
Good quality film, but can't help but notice, others are selling very similar film, but at a much lower price. E.g. a full set (front and back) at the same price this back film alone.

GreyMobiles BLACK Silicone Case For Apple iPhone 4 4G HD
GreyMobiles BLACK Silicone Case For Apple iPhone 4 4G HD

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price and early availability, 11 July 2010
Good price, and was available pretty much since the iphone 4 launched. Would definitely consider this an initial case and screen protector combo if I just got the phone.

Only let down by the slightly slack fit of the rubber case, poor finishing on the injection mold seam.

Screen protector is a good fit, it's more than adequate overall, but not the very best.

At 1.95GBP, it's a great deal which ever you look at it. Spend 15 times more and you can get a better film and a bumper case, your call.

You get what you pay for, and in this case you get a lot for what you pay for.

Page: 1 | 2