Profile for Guns&RosesStillRuleOK > Reviews

Guns&RosesStillRuleOK

Levels (Ep)
Levels (Ep)
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars You wont want to listen to anything else (for about 5 days), 20 April 2014
This review is from: Levels (Ep) (Audio CD)
Fantastic happy tune, done in a variety of different ways. The kids wanted it non-stop on long car journy and now it is playing constantly inside my head. Very uplifting and you just want to dance.

Qualcast Panther 30 Hand Powered Cylinder Lawnmower (30 cm Cutting Width) (Old Version) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab (if you persevere)!, 17 July 2013
There is a definite knack to using this mower. You have to have the handle at the right angle and get some speed up, and the grass collection box is better off left in the shed. But once you get the hang of it, it is a really brilliant product - does the job well with no sound and rollers your grass into lines. My (small) lawn was very overgrown when the mower arrived and at first it just got tangled around the cutter, but I persevered and in the end got the hang of it and love mowing my lawn with it now. Tip: Don't hesitate to buy, and don't give up on the first attempt if you don't get on with it at first.

The Cat Sanctuary
The Cat Sanctuary
by Patrick Gale

1.0 out of 5 stars PG this book lets you down!, 17 July 2013
This review is from: The Cat Sanctuary (Paperback)
I've read most of Patrick Gale's books, but this one is nonsensical I am afraid. Gave up after chapter 3 as had no idea what was going on or who was who. Most of his other books get 5 stars from me though, so don't be put off trying others.

The Sound of Gravity
The Sound of Gravity
by Joe Simpson

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Captivating!, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Sound of Gravity (Paperback)
This novel is truly brilliant - I couldn't put it down. Part 1 and you are on a rollercoaster ride of being in a blizzard on the side of a mountain at death's door. Phew - so happy to realize I am actually in bed reading this book as I almost feel I am there. Then Part 2. When you thought it couldn't get any better, it does! Mystery, romance, human emotion, love loss life - it's all in this book. Great even if, like me, you are a woman who doesn't know anything about mountaineering. Going into my top 10 books of all time.

Wayne's World/Wayne's World 2 [DVD]
Wayne's World/Wayne's World 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike Myers
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars WW2 is Hilarious, 14 May 2013
I lost my original Waynes World 2 video, so ordered this dvd becasue No.2 is one of my favourite comedy films of all time. My son is hooked too now and he doesn't even understand half the jokes, just loves the kung fu scenes.

Duronic RCD025B Portable Black CD Player with AM/FM Radio - Connect & play from MP3 Player/Ipod/Iphone

1.0 out of 5 stars Steer Clear, 14 Mar 2012
I am sorry to put the dampers on the other raving reviews, but in my opinion this item was so cheaply made I was really careful how I took it out of the box because the buttons looked like they would snap straight off, and when I heard the sound it was so poor I couldn't bear to listen to it. I bought for chidren's party games but it wasn't even good enough for that - sent it straight back. Sorry!

The Painter
The Painter
by Will Davenport

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot put it down!!, 7 July 2011
This review is from: The Painter (Paperback)
At the time of writing this review, I am still reading this book and I cannot put it down. It is a romping good read with a great story, mixing historical fiction with a modern-day story line. It really describes the world as seen through an artist's eyes very cleverly. Brilliant. It is the first of Will's books I have read but I shall definitely be getting the others. What a find!

The Dung Beetle Bandits (Tiger Moth)
The Dung Beetle Bandits (Tiger Moth)
by Aaron Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars My Lad Just Loves these Books, 3 Aug 2010
My son loves all the Tiger Moth series of books. The characters and stories are great. This one is hilarious, with Tiger and Kung Pow riding horse flies. If we had to choose a favourite then the Kite Race one would come top, but this one is nearly as good.

The Remix
The Remix

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Have" for GaGa fans, 1 July 2010
This review is from: The Remix (Audio CD)
This album is all your favourite GaGa songs revved up into a dance mix - you'll love it more than the originals! Highly recommended.