Profile for Mr. Graham Cummings > Reviews

Content by Mr. Graham Cum...

Mr. Graham Cummings (Yorkshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tacwise 0396 18G/ 25mm Nails (Box of 5000)
Tacwise 0396 18G/ 25mm Nails (Box of 5000)
Offered by LOVEDIY

5.0 out of 5 stars I can fully recommend these nails, 19 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can fully recommend these nails, and they work very well with the Tacwise nailgun. The nails are easy to load into the nail gun, and considering this box contains 5000 nails this should last you for some time, and at the price advertised on Amazon they are excellent value for money. Being galvanised too they won't rust. I've been using these nails in the shed repairing some shelving, and they worked brilliantly. Well recommended.

Bose ® SoundSport In Ear Headphones for Samsung Galaxy - Green
Bose ® SoundSport In Ear Headphones for Samsung Galaxy - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely 100% recommended!, 17 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These earphones are fantastic! I was expecting quality from Bose and I wasn't disappointed. I'd never had a pair of earphones that fit the way these ones do; on the inside portion of your ears. I've always bought earphones that fit in your ear canal or headphones that wrap around the top of your head covering your ears. Initially I wondered if I'd made a mistake getting these, as I found them very fiddly to fit, and I had to try all the supplied ear buds to find the correct set. Oddly enough for my big ears, I found the small earbuds fit the best. After I got used to putting them in, it quickly became second nature, and since then I've been really impressed. They don't warm up my ears (like regular headphones), don't irritate and they stay completely fast. Even out walking and jogging, they don't move, although the cable leading to the headphone socket on my phone could do with being a bit longer. Though these are advertised as optimised for Samsung Galaxy, don't let that put you off, they work perfectly with everything I've used them with including my computer at work, my HTC phone and generic Chinese 10" Android tablet.

The sound quality is superb. All ranges are crystal clear; you get solid, sharp bass (at least with the 'Beats' thing on my HTC phone), pin sharp treble, and mid-range is rich. I've listened to a variety of music ranging from Sam Smith and Deadmaus over the last month and these earphones handle everything with ease. They produce a really rich sound of which I can't get enough. I'd say I've owned over 20 pairs of earphones, and these are out in front by a country mile. They are not noise-cancelling earphones but I barely notice noise around me when wearing these. One thing I would say though is don't listen to poor quality mp3s as the sound reproduction of these earphones reveal every artefact!

Absolutely 100% recommended!

Philips AECS7000E/00 WeCall Bluetooth Conference Speaker
Philips AECS7000E/00 WeCall Bluetooth Conference Speaker
Offered by A to Z

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bluetooth speaker for conference/calling, 7 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I hoped that this would perform well, given the price and it didn't disappoint. I do have a decent phone HTC phone, and although the speaker phone works well, the caller sometimes doesn't hear what I'm saying correctly. Using this product with it's 4 internal microphones, I've had no problems being understood, and I can hear the caller perfectly.

It's very compact and feels solid, it would easily slip into your luggage in it's cloth carrying case. To be completely honest, I'm not that impressed with the carrying case. Considering the price, I think it could have had a much better case. I have a pair of Bose ear phones that are a similar price to this item, and the case that comes with those is excellent. It's only a slight niggle, but I don't feel it would offer the speaker much in the way of protection from knocks, etc.

Battery life is excellent, and it charges pretty quickly. It's a doddle to connect to it with a modern bluetooth-enabled phone. The controls are simple to use. This speaker is excellent for use with calls, but I tried it as a speaker for my computer, just to listen to some tutorial Youtube videos I was looking at, and I'd say I wouldn't use it as a music/video speaker. Whilst the sound quality is fine, it's just nowhere near as good as a standalone bluetooth music speaker you could get for around the same price as this. This doesn't cause a problem for me though because it's not something I'd use for music. I'd use it for conference calling, as that's it's primary purpose, and it would be unfair to mark it down because of it's music performance.

All-in-all it's an excellent device for what you'd use it for (calling someone), and I would heartily recommend the device.

Sage 50 Accounts - Single User - 1 Company (PC)
Sage 50 Accounts - Single User - 1 Company (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars I would only recommend this for small businesses who need basic accounting as ..., 21 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For me this software sits in between QuickBooks and SAP, QuickBooks being the easiest to use. I use SAP reasonably regularly, and Sage is easier to use than that. Installation is a doddle, the software was up and ready to go in ten minutes or so.

I think you would be well advised to at least take some basic training (or follow the tutorials) for accounting before venturing into the deep end with this software. I would only recommend this for small businesses who need basic accounting as you can't create things like purchase orders.

All-in-all I can recommend this for small businesses with basic requirements.

Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - 1 year - 3 users (PC)
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - 1 year - 3 users (PC)
Offered by Esale Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 11 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having read the mixed reviews with quite polarised opinions, I gave this software a go with some trepidation. My current AVG protection had expired and I didn't fancy paying another £50 to renew. To be honest the software didn't get off to a great start. On installation, I ended up having to restart my PC about four times as the installer kept looking for updates and then quitting. Eventually I did manage to get it installed and after that the product ran smoothly. What always impressed me about AVG was that you barely notice it running. At work I have had Sophos forced on me and it performs like a dog, slowing down everything. In my experience so far with Bitdefender, it's as invisible as AVG in terms of performance, and the only time it has slowed down is when you'd expect it to during updates.

The user interface is very simple to use, and if you don't want to get involved in all the nitty-gritty settings underneath (like I do, I've got specific requirements for my network at home) you can set it to 'Autopilot' so that it makes all those decisions for you. If you do require the power user options, they are all in there. For example you get determine your own firewall rules, etc.

What I also like about the application is that it gives you the heads-up about whether or not a website is safe before you click on the link in your favoured search engine. If the site is deemed safe it presents a tick at the side of the link, and it's also quick at doing this too.

Other cool stuff I've used is the SafePay which automatically detected I was about to go to a banking website, and it re-opened the banking website in a secure browser when I clicked it was ok to do so.

I think this is exceptional value for money, considering the comprehensive options and it covers 3 users. I highly recommend this software for protecting your PC/laptop.

Pinzon Heather Jersey Yarn Dye, Navy Stripe, King Duvet Set with 2 pillowcases
Pinzon Heather Jersey Yarn Dye, Navy Stripe, King Duvet Set with 2 pillowcases

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this duvet set, 8 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this duvet set. The pillow cases are a decent size, so I don't struggle getting the pillows in. The duvet set has a soft feel to it, and it's warm and cosy underneath when you get into bed. They washed really well, but as said elsewhere in the customer comments they do need a bit of ironing. I can fully recommend this duvet set and great value for the price.

Zyliss 5-Piece Knife Block Set, Black
Zyliss 5-Piece Knife Block Set, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The knives are comfortable to hold and use for long periods, 23 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a top quality product. We were ready for some new knives at home so I decided to get this block. The knives are comfortable to hold and use for long periods, and are really sharp. What I like about these knives is that they don't snag on the food item you're cutting (that's one of my pet hates), they just cut cleanly through, which makes them a joy to use. It goes without saying that you should keep them out of reach of children and for your own safety. I made the mistake of leaving one in the washing up bowl and narrowly escaped cutting myself. The knife block is really solid and keep the knives securely tucked away when not in use.
Anyway, I thoroughly recommend these knives even though they are pretty expensive, and you are serious about your cooking.

QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, shame the supplied CD is basically a coaster! Great place to start online accounting, 2 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think this is an excellent package for small business accounting. The web user interface is really simple to use and intuitive and the one year subscription price is very reasonable. I think the subscription model is a great idea (I'm also an Adobe Creative Cloud subscriber). I've tried the web application on a number of different devices including Android and my dekstop PC, and the interface is consistent, so that's also good news. If you're only after basic accounting, then you can do much worse than starting with this package. And it's no risk as you can get your money back in 60 days if you're not happy.

The one small gripe I have is with the CD that comes through the post. It feels like you've got something to install on your PC, when all the disc does is open a web page in which you register an account. I feel that's a complete waste of materials, and could have been much better done using something else like a postcard with a QR code on it or such like. Anyway small gripe aside this is a great place to start your online accounting,

Leifheit AirSteam MAXX Lightweight Ironing Board - Large
Leifheit AirSteam MAXX Lightweight Ironing Board - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ironing board for taller people., 30 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am really impressed with this ironing board. When it turned up through the post, I was a bit gobsmacked how large it was; it's quite a bit bigger than your standard ironing board. The ironing surface is also much larger than standard. At first I wasn't sure if I'd made a mistake ordering it, but on first use all my concerns were put to bed. I've always hated ironing my shirts on the usual boards, I can never quite get it right, but using this product, ironing shirts is a whole lot easier for me. You can raise the board on its solid mechanism to quite a high level, which is great for me as I'm about 6'3" and normally I have to stand at an awkward angle for the base of my back. For me, that's it's biggest selling point. If you have smaller frame, it may not be the best choice of board for you, so bear that in mind if thinking about purchasing it. Other than that I can't fault it.

Hotpoint Multi-Functional Kitchen Machine, 400 Watt, Silver
Hotpoint Multi-Functional Kitchen Machine, 400 Watt, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent appliance, 23 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like other reviewers of this product, I've wanted ones these for years, and an opportunity came along to own one. As soon as you take it out of the box you can tell it's a quality product. I love the stainless steel finish and it will fit right in with any kitchen decor. It matches other stainless steel items in our kitchen such as the toaster and kettle. The mixing bowl is of ample size for mixing, is easy to remove and clean. As mentioned elsewhere, this item is heavy but I guess that helps with the stability of the mixer while mixing so it's for good reason. I'm impressed with it's mixing abilities and I've used it to mix the dough for bread so far. The instruction booklet is sparse but I worked out how to use it (in usual man fashion) by messing about with the controls until I figured it out which took all of five minutes.

Well recommended. I love this appliance and it has pride of place in our kitchen at home.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20