Profile for Mr. Graham Cummings > Reviews

Content by Mr. Graham Cum...

Mr. Graham Cummings (Yorkshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Big Data: Using Smart Big Data, Analytics and Metrics to Make Better Decisions and Improve Performance
by Bernard Marr

4.0 out of 5 stars using the author's SMART tools system, 14 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am currently interested in this subject, having to deal with 8 years of data in my project at work, and dealing with hundreds of thousands of data documents in my MongoDB database at home. This is, I would say, a manager-level guide which provides me with the techniques to gather and analyse my dataset, using the author's SMART tools system. The system is sensibly constructed, and gives you the high-level information you need to make a good judgement on organising and presenting your dataset in an appropraite format. It doesn't go into details of the software you'd need to do this, and the book is more of an overview for beginners to be honest. Well recommended for managers/senior people having to make decisions regarding data analysis in their organisation.

Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator
Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for stopping snoring, 20 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm impressed with this product. I've suffered with Catarrh most of my life, probably due to narrow nasal passages, and on top of that I generally suffer from hayfever-like allergies all year round (at least at a low level). I've ordered countless nasal strips, most of which peel off my nose during the night and end up in my hair or stuck to my arm or face. Due to this, I looked for an alternative, and I bought a similar product to this which look like a miniture bra you would stick your nose. Again I got fed up with that as it became really uncomfortable to use while in your nose, probably due to it being plastic, and it would fly out of my nose on a draught of exhaled air at some point during the night.

Anyway, I thought I would give this dilator a try. It works differently to the one I just talked about, as the two legs of the dilator are forced apart by your septum, and the legs push out into the walls of the inside of your nose. I noticed a bit of a funny rubber smell when I first started using it, but that has since subsided. Initially, I found it a little uncomfortable to use, but I stuck with it, as this discomfort passes, and it stays put all night. It opens my nasal passages really well, and I've had some fantastic sleep over the last few days. I also don't feel any nasal discomfort in the morning either. I've worn it out while walking the dog too, and it's made me realise just how little air I get circulating through my nose and through the nasal passages.

If you struggle with snoring, this product is well worth the try. I use a bowl of hot water with a bit of menthol before I go to sleep in conjunction with this product, and I sleep much better now. Well recommended

Tontec® Case for Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and Raspberry Pi B+ - Professional Injection Moulded Plastic Housing Case (Black)
Offered by TONTEC

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite case so far for the Raspberry Pi/2, 20 Mar. 2015
My favourite case so far for the Raspberry Pi/2. It's a doddle to put together, and it makes the RasPi feel like a proper little computer. Make sure you put the screws in though. If you do that it's a really solid case.

PCSL Brand - Network Cable for Raspberry Pi ~ Ethernet / Network Cable , Compatible with Raspberry Pi , 3m Length / Limited Edition Colour
Offered by PC Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I need it to, and got ..., 20 Mar. 2015
Does exactly what I need it to, and got the throughput I would expect through the 10/100mbps port on my Raspberry Pi.

Miele Complete C3 Celebration Electro EcoLine Plus Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 4.5 Litre, 800 W, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely top notch!, 20 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This vacuum cleaner (I really wanted to say 'hoover'!) is excellent. First and foremost, it's fantastic at cleaning floor surfaces, and the powered Electro brush is a brilliant idea. The brush really gets stuck into the carpet fibres, where I believe passive brush heads on a vacuum of this style wouldn't clean as well. The vacuum is initially a little bit fiddly to set up, particularly the cables connecting the Electro brush to the main unit, but once set up, it's a doddle to use. The big power switch on the main unit is tappable by your foot, so that means you won't have to bend down to turn it off. The vacuum is pretty quiet, quieter than our previous Dyson, The vacuum tube has got plenty of reach, a good few metres which means you don't have to cart around the main unit, although if you do need to move it, it's not heavy and it's easy to move. Aesthetically I love the vacuum's style. The controls are well thought out and easy to use, and the red colour is eye-catching. also the brush handle is really comfortable in your hand. The Miele bags are also worthy of a mention. Having used bagged vacuums in the past, I always used to hate changing them as you'd always end up with the stuff you'd tried to remove off your carpets on your hands. There's none of that pain here, with the Miele dustbags. My parents have an older upright-style Miele and they've always raved about the quality, so I saw this one and gave it a chance, and I am so glad I did, as it's a fantastic vacuum cleaner.

ByteStor Pro 16GB 40Mbps Class 10 High Speed Micro SDHC UHS-1 Card with SDHC Card Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid speed, 17 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This microSD card is good for the price, but I think you need USB3.0 to really take advantage of the speed. I've tested it in a few devices and I can't get above 19MB a second transfer (read) speed. Writing to the card, I couldn't get above 11MB. This isn't a problem for me as I don't really have any applications that require such a high data rate as 40MB/s from an microSD card. Although unless you use something like HEVC for video I think you're going to struggle with higher resolutions such as 2K/4K using this card, especially with USB 2.0. I tried using this in the SD card slot on my computer and also through a Kingston SD card reader, and I got consistent and solid data rates copying and writing files at the aforementioned speeds, with no dropouts. I'll update this review in a month or so after using it a while to see just how reliable it is. That said, I've got many a Raspberry Pi in the house, and I never fully trust any SD card I use and I make sure I back up regularly.

Case Logic Surefit Rotating Universal Folio Case for 9 -10-Inch Tablet - Black
Case Logic Surefit Rotating Universal Folio Case for 9 -10-Inch Tablet - Black
Offered by welbo

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok., 16 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've already got a cover for my 10" generic Android tablet, but it doesn't have the added option of a base that rotates so that you can use your tablet in portrait (e.g. to more easily read PDFs and so on), so I decided to get one of these. Initially I was impressed by the product, but that feeling deteriorated somewhat after a few days of use.

The case outside covers pick up marks easily, I especially noticed this because I've got quite oily skin, and my fingerprints were left on the cover. Whilst the tablet fits well enough in the straps and plastic holders, but my tablet still shifts in the case when I try to push the power button, and sometimes when using it in portrait mode the case sometimes slides when I use downward swipe gestures on my tablet, because the holding mechanisms at that point are on the side and not at the bottom of the template.

So in summary, I'm not convinced on the holding security of the tablet. My original case was priced lower than this, and it does a much better job of securely holding the tablet. On the plus side, it's pretty thin, and very sturdy, meaning that it's not very bulky.

It's still fine to use, but just don't be too vigorous with it. For me though, I'm going back to my original table case.

Data Fluency: Empowering Your Organization with Effective Data Communication
Data Fluency: Empowering Your Organization with Effective Data Communication
by Zach Gemignani

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent book on the subject of data which is becoming ..., 26 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent book on the subject of data which is becoming ever more a hot topic. If you're looking for coding examples, then this is not the book for you. This book is all about how you to ensure you accurately deliver your data to the consumer in the most effective way possible. It's jam-packed with useful tips on how to get the most of your organisation's data, and there are some excellent illustrations to go that really summarise well the in-depth dialogue of the book. I'm particularly interested in this subject at the moment, as I am rewriting my application's reporting suite at work, and wanted to do a better job than before, so getting this book is very timely. I would say that the book is aimed towards a data manager, who is giving guidance to developers and so forth, although it's definitely worth reading even if you're not. Highly recommended book on the subject.

Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8222/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser Pink
Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8222/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser Pink
Offered by Zafash Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars and is just as good at removing stuff as normal dental floss, 24 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product works really well in removing the detritus that can lodge in between your teeth. However it feels really odd on first use, but this goes away after using it regularly. Just to be sure that you know, if you've got sensitive gums it could make them bleed, and that's what happened to me for the first few uses. The jet of water (or mouthwash) that the AirFloss directs between your teeth is powerful, and is just as good at removing stuff as normal dental floss. Before you first use it though, remember to charge it for 24 hours. Well recommended.

Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt - Black
Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic juicer, 22 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm really happy with this product. I'm not mad on fruit, I'm more of a salad type person, but I do like drinking fruit juice, so I gave this product ago.
It's pretty compact, and doesn't take up much space, which is great if you've got a small kitchen such as ours. It looks really good too and won't look out of place on your sideboard. Onto it's performance as a juicer. It's excellent. It's really simple to use after you've set it up (which is also dead easy, it's just a matter of slotting all the pieces into place), you just place the jug under the tap and feed in the fruit down the tube at the top of the product, pushing down on it with the supplied plunger.

As soon as the fruit hits the spinning blades, its really entertaining to watch the fruit explode into juice, which then fires out through the tap. Make sure you're jug is there though!

Once I'd finished my juicing exploits, I gave it a clean, which is also very simple to do, however, I don't think you can clean the blades and perforated surface in under the claimed minute. I found that portion quite difficult to clean, as minute pieces of the apple I'd just shredded were pretty hard to get out of the perforations even with hot water. But this is a small gripe because the rest of the product cleaning process is dead simple.

So far I've tried carrot juice, tomato juice and apple/grape juice, the latter being really, really tasty and refreshing. The juice is superb at removing all but the smallest pulp from the juice, and it's almost pure juice that comes out at the end, I would say that you would need a fair amount of fruit though because all the pulp from the fruit is removed and you're just left with the volume of the juice. So just take that into consideration when you're trying to judge servings.

So all-in-all its great value for money and an excellent juicer which I can totally recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20