Profile for Mrs. D. P. Gray > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Accidental Explorer
The Accidental Explorer

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it a lot!, 27 July 2015
I really liked this book. The story was captivating. I loved the Reagan bit. The main characters were interesting. The only reason I didn't give this a fifth star was that there was a section near the beginning about the crash of the alien ship where I found myself skimming rather than reading because it went into so much detail about the actions and thoughts of the crew. I realise that some, maybe even most, was later relevant, but it was the only part of the story that didn't hold my attention. It is a very idealised way to look at human/alien first contact and that was a pleasant change from the usual "capture, torture and dissect the alien" that a lot of books and movies tend to have. That said, I wanted to give it more than 4 but less than 5 stars. I hope this author continues to write and I look forward to reading his next story.

The Chronicles of Benjamin Jamison: Call Sign Reaper (1)
The Chronicles of Benjamin Jamison: Call Sign Reaper (1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Reaper, 1 July 2015
I loved this story. One reviewer on Amazon.com said this book was aimed at male readers. I disagree. I enjoyed the story, the characters and the action. My only small gripe (not bothered enough to take away a star) is that there are a few minor editing problems, such as Andrea is sometimes "Angela" but once you realise it is just a mistake, it doesn't detract too much. Another would be a couple of incorrect words - only one I can remember was the word "accommodations" was used when it should have been "commendations". Not enough mistakes to make a fuss over, especially as the story was so good.

Warrior's Scar (The Warrior Chronicles Book 1)
Warrior's Scar (The Warrior Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book and the rest of the series, 25 Jun. 2015
I just finished the last book in this series. This book is a very good story with really good characters. I actually bought this book several months ago and put it in the "to be read later" stack (well stack is figurative since it was on my Kindle). I could not put the book down and immediately downloaded the other books in the series and didn't put them down until they were finished either. Lots of action and drama. I am very impressed by this author and hope he will continue to write stories as good as this.

Warrior's Curse (The Warrior Chronicles Book 5)
Warrior's Curse (The Warrior Chronicles Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Good Read, 25 Jun. 2015
Just finished this last (latest?) book in the series. It was riveting! The whole series has been so good. I loved the characters. I loved the story. I can't think of anything to criticize about these books. Well done to the author and I will be waiting to read anything else he writes. I would recommend this book to anyone that loves a good story.

Deep Penetration (Alien Breeders, Book 2)
Deep Penetration (Alien Breeders, Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 17 Jun. 2015
I suppose I should have realised from the title what the book would be about. Although I am not averse to erotic writing, this book had very little real story other than sex. I have read other books by this author and usually enjoy them, but I did not like this book. The story could have been told in just a handful of pages without the pages and pages of sex. I like a good romance, but there really was no romance - just sexual subjugation.

Spotless (Spotless Series Book 1)
Spotless (Spotless Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Story Telling., 11 Jun. 2015
I could not put this book down! I absolutely loved it. I loved the characters and the story. Can't wait for the next book to come out seems like a long time till then.
This story had a bit of everything in it - good guys/bad guys and not just in black and white - some of the good guy/bad guy lines were blurred. Action. Romance. Comedy. Drama and sadness. And best of all, quirky characters that I really liked. Lots of twists and turns.
A big "well done" to the author.

Misunderstood: In Love with the Nerd (The Miss Series Book 2)
Misunderstood: In Love with the Nerd (The Miss Series Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't hate it, but it was annoying, 10 Jun. 2015
I hate giving bad reviews, but this one is needed.
As I read this book, I kept wondering if English was the first language of the writer. There were so many editing mistakes, which on the whole didn't affect the story, they were just annoying. However, the reason I wondered about the language was because there were many (many) instances where a word just didn't quite fit into the sentence - it was almost like the author had a thesaurus and picked a word with a similar (but not exact) meaning and used it instead of a more "common" word. This caused quite a few sentences to not make sense or just made them a little awkward so they did not flow properly. None of the characters were very likeable or believable - it sort of reminded me of high school kids that were in their 30s - like I said not really believable.

Object (Terran Times Second Wave Book 23)
Object (Terran Times Second Wave Book 23)

2.0 out of 5 stars First Viola Grace story I didn't like., 22 May 2015
I always love Viola Grace stories, even though they are so short, but this one was pretty dire. I had no sympathy for any of the characters and felt there wasn't really a story. Guess everyone has an off-day at the office. Hope the next one is better.

ATTRACTION: Elements of Chemistry (Hypothesis Series Book 1)
ATTRACTION: Elements of Chemistry (Hypothesis Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love & Autism??, 14 May 2015
Well, I sort of enjoyed the book - I read all 3, but it also seemed "wrong" somehow. Then I realised that the main character either suffered from Autism or some other developmental issues. Once I wrapped my head around that, and stopped thinking "just a nerd", I was more able to "get" the book. None of the other reviewers have seemed to see this, but I am pretty sure that she exhibits a lot of characteristics of someone on the spectrum. I just thought it was nice to think it shows that someone on the spectrum can find love with a "normal" person.

Against All Enemies (JAG in Space)
Against All Enemies (JAG in Space)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read!, 16 April 2015
I could not put this book down any more than I could put down the other 3 books in this series. I have only one complaint: why are there no more books? I feel invested in the main character and want to know what comes next. Does he carry on with his quest for justice or will he become something else - tired and cynical. Paul Sinclair is written as the kind of person we would all like to be - honest, hardworking, dependable - looking at that list makes him sound dull, but those are just his overall traits - he is also self critical, able to take a joke and basically kind. All the way through the 4 books, I found myself willing him to "win". Well done to the author - I had read his other series and left this one till last thinking it may not be as good - I was mistaken. I think these were my favourites!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9