Profile for Mrs. D. P. Gray > Reviews

Content by Mrs. D. P. Gray

Mrs. D. P. Gray

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Zero's Return (The Legend of ZERO, Book 3)
Zero's Return (The Legend of ZERO, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the three..., 22 Nov 2014
I must say that after 3 sleepless nights, spent reading the The Legend of Zero books, I am maybe a bit muddled, but one thing I know for sure: these books are some of the best story-telling I have found in a long time. Even now after finishing book 3 I am jonesing for another one! The last book was awesome. Really glad I found these books and this author. If you are looking for a cracking good story - start with the first book - you will NOT be sorry!

Forging Zero (The Legend of ZERO, Book 1)
Forging Zero (The Legend of ZERO, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I decided to get this one., 19 Nov 2014
I almost didn't buy this book, because I thought it might be a children's book since the main character was 14 and the others were even younger! I am so glad I did get it - I couldn't put it down. The story was really compelling and the characters were good. Some things didn't turn out the way I expected, so that was a bonus. Always love to be kept guessing. Just starting the next book in the series and will be looking for more from this author. A cracking good read.

Empire From the Ashes (Dahak combo volumes Book 1)
Empire From the Ashes (Dahak combo volumes Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 16 Nov 2014
I bought this book (Kindle edition) because I couldn't find the 2nd part of the story as a stand alone. Wish I had seen this one before I bought Mutineer's Moon on its own! Also, not a complaint about the book so much as Amazon - the description makes it difficult to know IF this had the 2nd book in it or not. I miss the older version of Amazon where the books plots were given - now, it is a hit or miss situation where I have seen whole series where each book has the exact same description. Not much use!
But, now that my personal little pet hate is out there, back to the book!
Loved both books. Characters great, action great, storyline kept my attention (to the point that I stayed up all night to read!!). Any flaws that I found were so minor they are not worth mentioning - well, except would like MORE!! Would like more about Dahak and the next generation.

Alien Assassin (The Human Chronicles Saga Book 2)
Alien Assassin (The Human Chronicles Saga Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love a Good Assassin!, 4 Nov 2014
Quite a good story. Although, I want to know what happened to the women? Where were they when the fight took place? Hopefully this will be answered in the next instalment. Not really as good as the first book, but still a good read. Just starting the next one today.

Guardian Awakening (Guardian Planetary AI Book 1)
Guardian Awakening (Guardian Planetary AI Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good book., 2 Nov 2014
Excellent story. I enjoyed the story, although at times felt it could have been fleshed out a bit more. I am looking forward to finding out more about the AIs - especially how they came to be.

Ep.#12 - "Rise of the Alliance" (The Frontiers Saga)
Ep.#12 - "Rise of the Alliance" (The Frontiers Saga)

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a Fan!!!, 30 Oct 2014
I love this series! I have been staying awake most of the night to finish an episode and then getting up early to download the next "fix"! I am gutted that the next episode is 3 months away!
I love the characters and the story is addicting! I find myself thinking "don't trust that guy" and trying to help Nathan and his pals as they find their way through the stars.
There are still a few loose ends that I am hoping will be answered in the next episodes.
Again, Love It!!

Date Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador Book 1)
Date Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Space Age Dating Agency - comedy sci fi?, 18 Oct 2014
This book had me giggling and I am about to download the sequel. The horrors of using a dating agency with aliens, kidnapping and robots! What more could you ask for?
It was light reading, but even though there are lots of unanswered questions and maybe the characters could have been fleshed out a bit more, it was very entertaining.
I loved it.

AMERICA ONE - NextGen (Book 5)
AMERICA ONE - NextGen (Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in series so far..., 9 Oct 2014
I just finished this book and have to say that although I have enjoyed all the books up to this one, NextGen is the best so far. I loved the story, the characters and the action. I think it still left a couple of questions to be answered, and I have already downloaded the next book in the series.
My only complaint is that I felt that Book 4 & 5 has suffered in the editing department slightly. I found that I had to page back an forth and sometimes it appeared that a few words were either missing or the pages repeated themselves. Also found half words/sentences and even a name change. (Vitalily to Vitaliy now not sure which it should be! haha) But on the whole the story etc make up for any small mistakes!

Sequence
Sequence

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really for me although the idea was good, 2 Oct 2014
This review is from: Sequence (Kindle Edition)
Was this written with teen readers in mind? The idea for the story is pretty good and I read all the way through, I couldn't identify with the characters. The main character was very flat and not well defined. When the author explained the character's thoughts, it was sort of like listening to a young teenager or very young adult complaining about the adults! I don't know, the basic story was good, but the style was not for me. I bought 2 of this author's books at the same time and have started on the other one and it seems to be more of the same - story not too bad, but the characters are not really likeable.

Isotoner Womens Pillowstep Boot with Fur Cuff Slippers 95356CHO6 Chocolate 6 UK, 39 EU, Regular

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst slippers I ever bought, 30 Sep 2014
These slippers look ok and are like the picture, so no disappointment there. On putting them on, they felt "damp" inside and after wearing them for about half an hour, my feet began to sweat - I do not normally have sweaty feet. I thought maybe it was because the material used may have needed to air out before they were worn, so I left them to air and tried again a day later - no luck they still had an odd cool damp feel to them but I wore them for about 2 hours before I couldn't stand them any long. Also, the tag was sewn into the back just where ankle turns into leg and it rubbed a lot. I didn't want to return them as I had sweated in them, so they went straight into the rubbish. Would definitely NOT recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7