Profile for Mind traveller > Reviews

Mind traveller (NW UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
La Migliore Offerta
La Migliore Offerta

5.0 out of 5 stars I was blown away and will also say it is one of the best films I have ever seen, 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: La Migliore Offerta (Audio CD)
When I read previous reviews of this film it made me want to get it and see what the fuss was about. I was blown away and will also say it is one of the best films I have ever seen. I couldn't see exactly where it was going (until right at the end when a certain person said ........) and Morricone's soundtrack was as important a part of the film as the excellent actors. This score is mesmerising - maybe a little abstract for some listeners but totally hypnotic. As the credits came up at the end of the film I knew I had to have this soundtrack. Viva Morricone.

The Yellow House
The Yellow House
Dvd ~ Scott Handy
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully authentic period details, 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Yellow House (DVD)
Two difficult characters in one house - bound to be trouble. Sympathetic portrayals of both artists. Wonderfully authentic period details. I have a few different videos of Van Gogh's life and this is another interesting interpretation excellently acted. Ultimately sad but very entertaining film.

A Room And A Half [DVD]
A Room And A Half [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alisa Freyndlikh
Offered by The World Cinema Store

5.0 out of 5 stars An unusual and utterly charming film. For those who ..., 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: A Room And A Half [DVD] (DVD)
An unusual and utterly charming film. For those who feel depth is more important in a film than action.

Robbie the Reindeer Trilogy - The Whole Herd [DVD]
Robbie the Reindeer Trilogy - The Whole Herd [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Jan. 2015
These are brilliant - great festive fun for all the family

OBM MIGLIORE OFFERTA (LA)
OBM MIGLIORE OFFERTA (LA)
Dvd ~ Sylvia Hoeks
Offered by VECOSELL

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in every way, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: OBM MIGLIORE OFFERTA (LA) (DVD)
Just watched this film. Excellent in every way. Wonderful acting, beautifully shot, gripping story. I sussed it out only seconds before it was revealed - just when . . . . . . . . . . said that! This film is brilliant on many levels. Highly recommended.

Charles Dickens 200th Anniversary Collection [DVD]
Charles Dickens 200th Anniversary Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Winstone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection. Some of the best versions of Dickens ..., 14 Dec. 2014
Great collection. Some of the best versions of Dickens ever filmed I think. I especially loved 'Little Dorritt' which is the one I really bought it for but found that 'Oliver Twist' and 'Bleak House' were both brilliant - I missed these when they were on tv. 'Great Expectations' didn't quite hit the spot for me although there were some wonderful performances in it however I think the Pip and Estella weren't particularly convincing.

Billions and Billions: Thoughts on Life and Death at the Brink of the Millennium
by Carl Sagan

5.0 out of 5 stars ... till now as thought it would make me very sad. Instead I found it a celebration of a ..., 14 Dec. 2014
I've been intending to read this for years but of all his books I have avoided this one till now as thought it would make me very sad. Instead I found it a celebration of a life lived with purpose and joy. Informative, thought provoking - simply wonderful!

Holst: The Planets [Double CD]
Holst: The Planets [Double CD]

4.0 out of 5 stars ... of the Planets but I was just a smidge disappointed in 'Venus' - not the best I've heard, 14 Dec. 2014
Splendid versions of most of the Planets but I was just a smidge disappointed in 'Venus' - not the best I've heard. On the whole a great cd.

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists [DVD] [2012]

Colour: Making and Using Dyes and Pigments
Colour: Making and Using Dyes and Pigments
by François Delamare

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little book covering basics., 1 Sept. 2013
Good little book covering basics with lots of nice illustrations. This is a very good book for those who don't need to go too deeply into the subject. Beautifully illustrated and a nice size for pockets or handbags.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3