Profile for MarkL > Reviews

Patagonia Adze Men's Jacket Hybrid grey Feather Grey Size:S
Patagonia Adze Men's Jacket Hybrid grey Feather Grey Size:S
Offered by Millets Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely cut and looks great, 22 Jan. 2016
Nicely cut and looks great. It is thin and I was worried when it got cold in winter it wouldn't be enough but seems to get a great job regulating body temperature. I'm 5'10" and size small fits perfectly so they do come up very large (like my last patagucci jacket) especially in the sleeve length. Got this at an amazing price of £30.

BT 11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 1200 Kit (Booster) - White
BT 11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 1200 Kit (Booster) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars 14dB to 38dB, really impressive!, 22 Jan. 2016
I bought this after having the 5G signal (which suffers more) in my house down to only 14dB upstairs and dropping connections and this came second in a group test only to the a very expensive huge netgear product. I was worried because I had no plugs even close to half way up the stairs so ended up having to plug it outside my computer room. The range was just on the edge of 'good range' but the wireless signal went to 38dB! Really impressive.

The only slight possible issue is the form factor. The shape is designed to hang down from a plug over a skirting board so if you want to use it in a cluttered plug socket you could have a problem in some orientations.

Photographic Solutions Type 3 Sensor Swabs
Photographic Solutions Type 3 Sensor Swabs
Offered by FIVE STAR UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaves residue, 9 Aug. 2012
I purchased these for my new camera which had some oil spots start to appear on the sensor (a common problem it seems). All oil and dust was easily removed however despite following the instructions exactly (correct pressure, no lifting) the swabs left a line of residue in all cases which was even worse than the dust and oil it removed! As such I cannot recommend this product and ended up having the sensor professionally cleaned. A new sensor for my camera is £1800 (they cannot just replace the glass) so in future I think I will leave it to the pros.

by Roberto Valenzuela

5.0 out of 5 stars Not another simplistic portrait/wedding photography book, 29 Mar. 2012
I was sceptical this would be another vague and simplistic portrait/wedding photography book like the majority out there with little useful info for an experienced photographer but this book really is different.

It is written in an honest style that is easy to read but never tries to be too glib. The core premise of the book is breaking down why photographs work and why others don't in a very organised and detailed way which I have never seen dealt with so thoroughly. There are plenty of examples showing the stages of the thought process in creating an image and deals very well with typical scenarios encountered and how they can be used/handled by a photographer to create great images. You will not find much technical info here; the usual pages of gear and photographic principles are not here and it is assumed the reader is at a level where these are familiar and do not need to be described.

Overall I cannot recommend this book highly enough, is a very well put together piece of work with a huge amount of information and would be a great read for wedding/portrait photographers at any stage in their career. After just one casual read though the pictures at my next wedding and way I saw my shots was definitely improved and this will become a well used reference. Excellent.

Wedding Photography - A Guide to Posing
Wedding Photography - A Guide to Posing
by David Pearce

2.0 out of 5 stars Not specific to posing, 16 Jan. 2011
The title of this book is misleading; although posing is covered is also has equal amounts of information on flash use, composition etc. making it rather general and not really what I was after. It's also thin on the advice and heavy on the pictures.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2011 4:42 PM BST