Profile for Lucius > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 4 Dec 2013
Really lovely quirky little book that's very different from the usual. I couldn't put it down and read it in one stint!

Hungry Hungry Hippos
Hungry Hungry Hippos
Offered by Mytoyfactory

4.0 out of 5 stars Old classic - with improvements, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Hungry Hungry Hippos (Toy)
I normally hate when they 'improve' classic games as they tend to ruin the simplicity of them however this has really been improved. The hippos actual disconnect, and easily connect together and 'lock' into the bottom of the board when not in use, which means it actually FITS BACK IN THE BOX!! Also a really good little lockable pox for the bottom of the board which holds all the balls.

Only fault I would say is some of the hippos tend to get thier necks 'locked' out which means they cant play, and you generally get a very stroppy player!

All in all, a good classic with improvements :)

Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz) [Explicit]
Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz) [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get it out of my head, 5 Mar 2013
Argh this song is so ridiculously catchy, you can't help but dance about the room to it and then put it on repeat. Love it!

66 Fit NBR Large Exercise Mat - Blue
66 Fit NBR Large Exercise Mat - Blue
Offered by Physio Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge but exactly as advertised, 5 Mar 2013
Really big thick pilates matt - exactly as advertised but I was still quite suprised how wide it is. Perfect for those who tend to fall off the matt or run out of room. Saves moving about in front on the TV if watching a DVD class!

Arrived very quickly via interlink who gave me a 1hr time slot and texted me one to alert me of dispatch, and once to confirm delivery hour. You can opt out of that delivery slot or choose to 'leave with neighbour' - quite refreshing from a courier company!!

The Thread
The Thread

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Thread (Kindle Edition)
Great book. I learnt so much about this city which has been through so much. It might be a little bit of a 'beach book' but of a winters evening I throughly enjoyed it.

The Island
The Island

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Island (Kindle Edition)
Great book. I learnt so much and reevaluated some of my own prejudices in the process. It might be a little bit of a 'beach book' but of a winters evening I throughly enjoyed it.

Rocket Dog Brands International Ltd Satire 1 Womens Ankle Boots
Rocket Dog Brands International Ltd Satire 1 Womens Ankle Boots
Price: £25.99 - £54.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots bit skinny on the toes, 20 Oct 2012
As many others have said these boots are great, they go with everything, last a lifetime and are pretty comfy. The heel is nice and chunky so you can stand in them for ages. I would agree with others who said they can be hard to get on and off but they do stretch with time but dont get baggy so should be easier the more you wear them. I do find they pinch my toes a bit and i get sore toes as they are quite skinny across the front - however my feet are a wide 3 so it may be different for average width large sizes - more wriggle room as such. Good boots all in all. Lasted me ages!

Travel Connect 4
Travel Connect 4
Offered by Ed's Party Pieces

4.0 out of 5 stars Great as expected but not thought out., 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Travel Connect 4 (Toy)
The connect4 is as expected, great game with fold up trays for the coins to allow it to get boxed up and clever 'coin' dispensers at the side to hold the 'coins' while playing. HOWEVER for a travel set you would expect that you dont have to lug the packaging around with you, just the game, however there is nowhere to keep the coins once the plastic bag has been opened for the first game. So all the coins go everywhere and you have to take the box around which is considerably larger than the game itself. Just seems a silly failiure. If they made the coin dispensers 'lock' to hold the coins in then it could be self-contained for travel and would be so much better. Overall though its a good game and a good travel size. Not too small.

TWF Girls Graphic PINK Aqua Shoes UK 4
TWF Girls Graphic PINK Aqua Shoes UK 4
Offered by Funswim Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars These are really poor quality., 10 Sep 2012
If I hadn't already used these I would send them back. I bought my size and they fit but flap about a fair bit like they are a few sizes too big. These were bought for wearing whilst kayaking, so weren't intended for heavy wear, just wearing from the car to the 'put in' on the river, and then while im Kayaking. Really unimpressed. When they get wet they hold alot water, which slightly defeats the point of them. The soles are very flimsy and provide no support from pavements let alone rocky sharp shorelines. And the inner soles ripped out immediately, and when wet just slide about. Really unimpressed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2013 3:43 PM BST

Sevylor Tahiti Plus Kayak - 2 + 1 Person
Sevylor Tahiti Plus Kayak - 2 + 1 Person

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but few niggly faults, 7 Sep 2012
As most other peoples reviews this is a great first time boat. Definately big enough for two long legged adults. A child would be a bit of a push too. The boat seemed really stable on the water, even though we were useless at using it, we got absolutely soaked though - there is no protection at all but that was due to our paddles/technique/frantic splashing. The boat does seem a little light and we tried it on a river and I didnt particularly like how light it felt. We kept getting dragged and spun about on a relatively calm river - although we are first timers so we aren't very good yet. As everyone has said WHY have they put a normal blow up valve on the floor panel.. when all the rest are those ones that you can stop blowing up and no air escapes while you put the plug on. Same applies to the seats and spray cover arches which we couldnt actually inflate at all because the air just rushed back out. This made the seats a tad too soggy and meant you scrunched over and got a wet bum. Just didnt make any sense. It would be good to have a few handles on the sides so you can moor up/get in and out/attach bags in the boat too so they dont fall out. Oh and the 'back pack' and folding it back up this is useless and just does not work!

All in all, good first time boat - but wasnt enamored with it. Few irritating design faults that ruined it a bit but could easily have been remedied at design stage.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5