Profile for L. Clare-Panton > Reviews

Content by L. Clare-Panton

L. Clare-Panton "mummy/wife/me" (Old Windsor, Berkshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sharp Objects
Sharp Objects
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars spine tingling and squirm worthy, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sharp Objects (Kindle Edition)
Took me forever to unravel the twists and turns. My only complaint is that I did have to suspend my disbelief when the characterisation of the entire small town went just a bit too far from reality. No town could be that dumb, surely. I loved the character Camille and enjoyed hating Amma.

Dark Places
Dark Places
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars tight and unexpected, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dark Places (Kindle Edition)
With Flynn, you never know where the story is going to go. But if you trust her and just hang on for the ride you will not be disappointed. I loved the plotting, the characterisations, particularly the gaping flaws in each individual. As in Gone Girl, I never anticipated the ending. Her characters voices were consistent. Her sense of place was spot on. One of my favourite books ivy read so far this year.

Ghost in the Machine (DC Scott Cullen Crime Series Book 1)
Ghost in the Machine (DC Scott Cullen Crime Series Book 1)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 27 Dec 2013
First book in the series. Not bad for a first novel just out out of the gate. Looking forward to reading the next couple installments.

Confessions of a Police Constable (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a Police Constable (The Confessions Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars wanted more, 25 Dec 2013
I found this too short and sparse to give much insight into what real policing is like. Wish he'd written more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2014 2:04 PM GMT

It Is Just You, Everything's Not Shit
It Is Just You, Everything's Not Shit

4.0 out of 5 stars cannot help but smile, 4 Aug 2013
Many of the entries made me smirk. Many made me smile. Some made me snigger. A couple made me fall about myself laughing with tears coming out of the corners of my eyes til my belly ached. It is impossible to read this and be in a bad mood.

Baking Made Easy
Baking Made Easy
by Lorraine Pascale
Price: 4.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Everything I tried failed, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Baking Made Easy (Hardcover)
I cook and bake a lot. Everything I've tried in this book has failed. The recipes don't work. When I questioned the author about this on twitter she blocked me. Buy a baking book from a real baker, not a supermodel.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly clever ending, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
This book kept me flipping and flopping trying to out smart the author. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't have anticipated the utterly original and absolutely perfect ending. Worth every moment!

Canton Tea Small Glass Storage Jar
Canton Tea Small Glass Storage Jar

5.0 out of 5 stars Larger than I expected, 11 May 2013
These were bigger than I had originally thought they were but it didn't matter at all. They are well made and seal up perfectly. They were well packaged.

NATURAL WOODEN TEA BOX FRENCH VINTAGE STYLE SACHET STORAGE CHEST 6 SIX COMPARTMENTS WOODEN CHIC
Offered by Homes on Trend Ltd
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little boxes, 11 May 2013
This exceeded my expectations and are perfect for putting bagged or loose tea of all diferent flavourings. They were well packaged and received without a scratch.

Glass Pen - Large 15mm Red For Writing on WINDOWS
Glass Pen - Large 15mm Red For Writing on WINDOWS
Offered by Rainbow Chalk Markers Ltd
Price: 3.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke, 26 Mar 2013
When trying to get red ink into the tip, it got stuck. Now when I use the pen, the flow of ink is unregulated and difficult to use without it dripping.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4