Profile for J. Morgan-evans > Reviews

Content by J. Morgan-evans

J. Morgan-evans "junkmale2000" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
I WaS a TeeN GuiTariST 4 the CLaSH!
I WaS a TeeN GuiTariST 4 the CLaSH!

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet. Could do with better proof reading, 26 Jan. 2016
An interesting read about the early Clash period. Levine's perspective is fresh and deserves its airing. Well worth the read

The Story of Mohammed Islam Unveiled
The Story of Mohammed Islam Unveiled

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 3 Sept. 2015
This book was a real eye opener for me. I have read the Quran but this book allows you to understand Islam because you need to know the life and views of Mohammed to appreciate it.

The Dossier (Ben Lewis Thriller Book 1)
The Dossier (Ben Lewis Thriller Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Generic roller coaster, 18 Jan. 2015
This was an OK read but definitely not a literary classic. You can't say that it's a slow read and some elements of the chase were inventive but the writing style needs some work.

Palit GeForce GTX 650 Nvidia Graphics Card (1GB GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0, Mini HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, DirectX 11.0, OpenGL 4.2, Kepler GPU Architecture, 3D Vision Ready)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good budget card, 22 Dec. 2014
A good budget card, can run most games on medium quality and some high end games on low quality. The temperature gets a little high when playing intensive games.

A good card if you're strapped for cash but i would advise spending your money on another card.

The Holy Machine
The Holy Machine

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Holy Machine (Kindle Edition)
Thought provoking, echoes of Asimov and 'Candide'. I would definitely read more by this author. Lots of ideas about beliefs.

Sony HT-CT60BT Soundbar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony HT-CT60BT Soundbar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Picsio

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing performance, 15 Jun. 2014
I got this soundbar in the hope that it would improve the sound from my new Sony Bravia TV. The Bravia's sound isn't quite as good as the 2009 Bravia I had (although the pictrure is much better) because teh speakers aren't on the front like the older models. As with the older TV, I had hooked up an external Cambridge Audio subwoofer and I thought some of the sound dynamics could be improved, so I plumped for this Sony soundbar, which should have been ideal. How wrong I was.

Firstly, the sound quality is worse than the TV speaker/subwoofer combination I had been using. Very thin top ends and a noticeable reduction in detail.

Secondly, as soon as you switch the soundbar on you lose access to all the variable audio controls on the TV - they just become greyed out. All you can do is use the soundhbar remote to adjust treble or bass. So all the additional audio detail functionality you can access on the TV is gone. Great design, Sony! And you can't control basic volume function with the TV remote. You have to use the tiny soundbar remote, which I am certain I would lose pretty quickly.

Finally, and daftest of all, if you have your TV on a stand, placing the soundbar in front of it blocks the infrared reciever on the lower bezel of the TV, which meant that the TV remote only works intermittently.

Overall, a massive disappointment. Luckily, Amazon accept return, although the postage cost has left me £6 out of pocket.

My advice if you're thinking of getting one of these is don't. You can get a decent subwoofer for less money which will give you better low tones and fill in some of the mids as well.

Australian Tea Tree Organic Antiseptic Cream 50ml
Australian Tea Tree Organic Antiseptic Cream 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tea tree cream, 21 May 2014
I was after a cream which I could apply after showering in the gym as I had noticed a couple of black varuca-like lumps. Not only did this cream clear the spots (which have never returned as I apply it every time I go to the gym) it also solved a problem I was having with a couple of toe nails breaking off regularly due to a fungal infection. Really great stuff and highly recommended

Closed for Winter (William Wisting Mystery Book 7)
Closed for Winter (William Wisting Mystery Book 7)

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 4 May 2014
A reasonable read but very slow. I found it very hard to engage with. I probably won't read another by this author.

Letraset Safmat Self-Adhesive Printing Film A4 (10 Sheets)
Letraset Safmat Self-Adhesive Printing Film A4 (10 Sheets)

1.0 out of 5 stars No good, 16 April 2014
This didn't work in my printer. The ink failed to stick properly to the film and came off on teh rollers leaving a nasyty mark on teh paper and an incomplete image
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 11:05 AM BST

Scribblenauts Remix
Scribblenauts Remix

4.0 out of 5 stars Good not amazing, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Scribblenauts Remix (App)
While the game itself is very pretty the controls are a bit annoying. If you want to play, you kinda have to turn on the keypad feature otherwise you will be running around instead of picking stuff up. Also the game sometimes crashes if you mess around in the home screen. Still the fact that this game is under £1, you can't really complain. Overall worth the money and your time as the gameplay is good fun.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3