Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Profile for Sue Brettell > Reviews

Content by Sue Brettell

Sue Brettell "Design Sorceress" (Suffolk UK)

Faith From 9 to 5: How to Overcome the Seven Deadly Sins and Live Your Faith at Work

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable book, whatever your faith or work situation, 3 Oct. 2013
Winnie gently offers insights into the emotions, behaviour and motivations that sabotage our wellbeing and prevent us from being our best possible selves. Not in the least bit preachy, Winnie's well chosen quotations from the bible are enlightening and her descriptions of how we commit the seven sins will resonate with almost everyone.

Avatar Extended Collector's Edition [DVD]
Avatar Extended Collector's Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sam Worthington

5.0 out of 5 stars So chock full of visual treats, you'll want to watch it again and again, 3 Oct. 2013
When it was first released I purchased the original one disk version. It left me hungry to know more about the making of the film and to see additional scenes. I recently bought the extended edition and it hasn't disappointed me.

Co-Zees Ladies Sherpa Slipper Bootie Socks(SIZE-4/7;colour-Cream)
Co-Zees Ladies Sherpa Slipper Bootie Socks(SIZE-4/7;colour-Cream)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality material, 11 Jun. 2013
The "fleece" matts very quickly and seems to be a magnet for dark fluff, which gets matted into the fibres. Washing made no difference and even a wire brush couldn't resurrect the pile.

Nice and cosy, but don't expect them to look good for very long.

Bingsale® Retina 13-Inch Matte Hard Case Cover for Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" with Retina Display A1425 (NEWEST VERSION Release October 2012) (Colour: Marine Blue, Baby Blue,Rosa,Purple,Red, Yellow, Grey, Green,Black, Transparent) (Purple)
Offered by SEDIVA UK

3.0 out of 5 stars The purple is much paler than the photo suggests, 11 Jun. 2013
This is a good product. It fits like a glove and I'm generally happy that it will do its job.

But ...the photo is misleading. It's a more pastel lilac than the deep purple of the photo. It might be a bit girly for some guys! I wasn't disappointed enough to replace it, but would have chosen blue if I'd realised. Also note that the Apple logo is cut out.

Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Graphics Tablet
Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Graphics Tablet

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic multi purpose alternative to mouse, trackpad or rollerball, 11 Jun. 2013
I bought this to replace my beloved Kensington Expert Mouse Pro, a rollerball mouse that kept my hand and wrist flexible and avoided RSI. When I upgraded to Mountain Lion, I discovered, along with many other disappointed users, that it was no longer supported, and Kensington have not updated their drivers for the new models either.

I tried to get along with the Magic Mouse, but decided it was time to try a graphics tablet, and after much research the Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch was definitely the best choice at this price point, offering a good range of functions that eclipse Apple's trackpad.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm very excited by the possibilities, not only for using my iMac, but also for writing and drawing.

Bluetrade 5400mAh 10.8V Battery for APPLE PowerBook G4 17 M8793LL/A - Silver
Bluetrade 5400mAh 10.8V Battery for APPLE PowerBook G4 17 M8793LL/A - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars About battery life, 11 Jun. 2013
The battery is fine; it does what you expect it to. The colour isn't a close match, but who cares on a laptop this old? It works.

One thing I didn't realise would happen ...if the PowerBook's PRAM battery requires replacement, the main battery won't operate properly. The machine will close down without warning before the battery is completely discharged.

Another point is that if the PowerBook has had Leopard installed (the highest OS it will accept), that seems to use up the battery power faster than you'd expect.

Hi-Tec Women's R111 W White/Silver/Purple Trainer A001578/014/01 5 UK, 38 EU, 7 US
Offered by shoeshoebedo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, 11 Jun. 2013
For the price, this is a great pair of funky trainers. From the first wearing, there haven't been any initial chafing or pressure points. The moulded inner sole fits my foot well and it's an important point to me that it's removable.

Creative Tops La Cafetiere Genuine 12-Cup Disc and Filter Part Set
Creative Tops La Cafetiere Genuine 12-Cup Disc and Filter Part Set
Offered by THE COOKSHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits old cafetieres that had a separate screw, 16 Jan. 2013
My 12 cup La Cafetiere is over 20 years old and the filter and disk components were held in place by a separate screw. When I lost it, I discovered that a single replacement screw was no longer available.

It was a gamble that this replacement kit would fit, but I'm glad to say it does! So if you're ever in the same position, I can reassure you that these parts fit the old 12 cup La Cafetieres. As explained by the vendor, the low unit price is to compensate for the high postage charge set by Amazon, over which the vendor has no control. In fact it was £0.90p at time of writing. I'm happy with the overall cost however, as it was considerably less than replacing the entire Cafetiere and a better price than other vendors.

Machinarium : Collectors Edition (PC/Mac DVD)
Machinarium : Collectors Edition (PC/Mac DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, beautiful, immersive, 30 Dec. 2012
This game will appeal to lovers of Myst and similar immersive point and click puzzle games. The superb hand drawn artwork and atmospheric music are a delight. Set in a strange dystopian world inhabited by eccentric robots, you help a rather endearing robot on a journey to rescue his girlfriend from a band of evil robots, solving puzzles and tasks along the way. These vary from quite easy to fiendishly difficult ...but the beautifully illustrated booklet is helpful when you get stuck. My only complaint is that poster claimed to be part of the collector's edition was not included in my DVD.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous aroma, 27 Nov. 2008
Yankee Candles come in a wide variety of natural long-lasting scents. Sun & Sand is by far the nicest home fragrance I have ever come across - it's fresh and evocative of summer days but not a bit cloying. I love the Tarts: wax potpourri that you place in the top of an oil burner with a tealight beneath. The wax melts and gives off a heavenly aroma. You can keep remelting - I've found the scent will last for approx ten tealights. There's a huge range of oil burners and tart burners to choose from if you don't already have one.

The scents you choose to wear or use in your home say as much about you as your visual taste in clothes and furnishings. Yankee Candles come in such a wide variety of scents there's bound to be one for you.