Profile for Peter E. McGovern > Reviews

Content by Peter E. McGovern

Peter E. McGovern "Cavanman" (Dublin, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Polyurethane Origami Case (will only fit All-New Kindle Fire HD 7"), Mineral Black
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 24 Mar 2014
I had previously purchased a case (which turned out to me for the older version of the Kindle Fire - my bad!). So I treated myself to this. Though a little pricey, I figured I was worth it. It is quite sturdy and adds a bit if weight to the device, but not that much. The magnets on the cover allow for it to be held in place when closed (or open fully) and with the 'bendable' cover it is also simple to adapt the cover into a stand for hands-free viewing.
Like I said, a tad pricey, but worth it if you want a good quality cover. There are cheaper alternatives out there, but make sure you're purchasing the correct case for the device you have.

Samsung M3 500GB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 500GB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Price: 33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect gift........, 24 Mar 2014
for a sister who takes too many photos and hates deleting them. It was perfect for her to store photos, videos that she took at various festivals, events, etc.

Guinness World Records Jellybean Challenge
Guinness World Records Jellybean Challenge
Price: 3.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-purpose (well, 2) purchase, 24 Mar 2014
I actually bought this as a birthday gift, so cannot review the actual product. What I can say is that it arrived in good time, in good condition and (when I had a peek inside) seemed to contain everything that was listed. I'm sure it will bring hours of entertainment to any party and if you're not into that, then you could always just eat the jellybeans!!!! :-)

Guinness World Records Chopstick Challenge
Guinness World Records Chopstick Challenge
Offered by Venture Blue
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It arrived........, 24 Mar 2014
I actually bought this as a birthday gift, so cannot review the actual product. What I can say is that it arrived in good time, in good condition and (when I had a peek inside) seemed to contain everything that was listed. I'm sure it will entertaining during any get together.

Guinness World Records Party Challenge Playset
Guinness World Records Party Challenge Playset
Offered by Toysafari Worldwide
Price: 5.63

5.0 out of 5 stars How can you go wrong?, 24 Mar 2014
I actually bought this as a birthday gift, so cannot review the actual product. What I can say is that it arrived in good time, in good condition and (when I had a peek inside) seemed to contain everything that was listed. I'm sure it will bring hours of entertainment to any party.

Fringe: The Complete Season 1-5 [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Fringe: The Complete Season 1-5 [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Anna Torv
Price: 48.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gift, 7 Feb 2014
Bought this as a gift, but did watch the show when it originally aired.
What can I say, except for fantastic show. Well written, great characters and storylines/story arcs.
If you like/liked "The X-Files" or other similar shows, then I would recommend giving this show a try........you won't be disappointed.

Vicious - Series 1 [DVD]
Vicious - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian McKellen
Price: 9.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Caught the show on TV, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Vicious - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Although I bought this as a gift, I did catch the show on tv when it was broadcast. I found it a little mildly amusing for the first episode or two, but once I got familiar with the characters I thought it was very funny and looked forward to seeing it each week.
The snide and bitchy comments from the characters are very well delivered by the fantastically talented Sir Ian McKellan and Sir Derek Jacobi (or should that be "Dame"?)
Roll on Series 2 :-)

Instant Inflatable Gay Best Friend Perfect Gay Best Friend In A Box
Instant Inflatable Gay Best Friend Perfect Gay Best Friend In A Box
Offered by LaughOutLoud24/7
Price: 7.98

4.0 out of 5 stars For my SBF, 7 Feb 2014
bought this as a gag gift for my straight, female best friend, so that she doesn't miss me too much while we're apart :-)
Everybody say "aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" :-)

Monster Chilli Sauce Kit - Grow Your Own Chillies and Make Your Own Sauce, with Free App for iphone / android
Offered by Home & Travel
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'novelty' gift., 7 Feb 2014
Actually bought this as a gift for someone, so I can't really comment on how good the end product is. The product, when it arrived, was in perfect condition with the seeds and containers well protected inside the box.
Looking forward to ordering more of the same from this supplier.

Black Executive Multi Function Standby Case for the Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet (Previous Generation Tablet) 16GB or 32GB with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake Feature and Stylus Loop Holder + Screen Protector + Capacitive Stylus Pen
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I ordered, 7 Feb 2014
Arrived on time and exactly as described. Turns out it wasn't for for the new Kindle Fire HD, but for the previous model. But that's not the fault of the seller, it's mine for not making sure before I ordered it.
On a separate note, anyone want to buy a case for a Kindle Fire HD 7" (older model) with a screen protector and a stylus? 10 the lot :-)

Page: 1 | 2