Profile for SmoothSailor > Reviews

Content by SmoothSailor

SmoothSailor "SmoothSailor"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hypafix Self Adhesive Dressing Retention Tape Thin (2.5cm x 10 meter) Stretchable Non-Woven
Offered by Aidability
Price: 4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 19 Mar 2014
Everyone should have this in their medicine cabinet. no need for plasters anymore! use tape and a bit of cotton or not- wounds heal quickly and tape is strong and let's air through. I used this for binding and splinting broken fingers.

Smartypants Gummy Vitamins with Omega 3 Fish Oil and Vitamin D, 120 Count
Smartypants Gummy Vitamins with Omega 3 Fish Oil and Vitamin D, 120 Count
Offered by Vitamin Chaps
Price: 17.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Tastes horrid, 19 Mar 2014
I'm sure these are breakthrough vitamins however , they are useless if your child won't eat them.
they taste extremely sour with a much higher proportion of sour to sweet which makes them unpalatable for my 4 year old (and for me). I broke one apart and put it in his cereal but how do Inget the remaining qty 3 per day into him.

the qty 4 per day additionally makes this extremely uneconomical.

Tarrago Nano Protector Spray for leather, suede nubuck & textile materials in the High-Tech branch
Offered by CLB Retail Shopping
Price: 8.81

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work well, 19 July 2013
I bought this spray because of the videos I saw and the nano in the title and because neverwet is not yet available in the UK.

I sprayed my sons shoes (suedette) at least 4 times, each with intervals between sprays.

Yes, initially there is a lotus effect but once water sat on the shoe for a while, eventually the lotus effect failed and the whole shoe became wet.

The shoe acted like potted plants do when recieving a bunch of water- the soil pools and water runs off but after sitting for a while, eventually it soaks in and then subsequent watering has no barrier to entry.

I bought 3 bottles and only used one to spray each shoe 4 times and I am gravely gravely disappointed......
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2013 4:30 PM BST

Eat Water Slim Rice 200 g (Pack of 5)
Eat Water Slim Rice 200 g (Pack of 5)
Offered by Superfooduk
Price: 9.56

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrid and misleading, 19 July 2013
does not even resemble rice- looks like chopped thin noodles. VERY MISLEADING!

Also shrivels with sauces. Don't bother buying this product.

Eat Water Pasta Spaghetti 200 g (Pack of 5)
Eat Water Pasta Spaghetti 200 g (Pack of 5)
Offered by Superfooduk
Price: 9.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing has changed, 19 July 2013
The main problem is that although you can add sauces to hide the flavor of the noodles and make them more palatable, salty sauces cause the water to exit the noodles and they shrivel up into something much smaller and thinner and renders it inedible. This happens especially after microwaving noodles with sauce. I've had this issue with both tomato/spaghetti sauce and soy sauce.

I would have thought that after all these years, some company would have come up with a recipe mixing even just a portion of wheat into this product to come up with a compromise- maybe not 0 calorie but without all of the negatives as well. Oh well.

PS The rice is just choped thin noodles and does not even resemble rice.

One pound chocolate coins - Bag of 50
One pound chocolate coins - Bag of 50
Offered by Chocolate Buttons
Price: 5.65

3.0 out of 5 stars cute, 19 July 2013
cute but bag is small even though qty is 50 and coins are smaller than 1 pound coins. Seller should really sell a bag of 100 for the price.

LeapFrog My Discovery House
LeapFrog My Discovery House
Price: 11.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Breakthrough toy, 26 April 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Discovery House (Toy)
My son is now 3.5 and still likes this toy. He received it as a birthday present when he was 2.5.
At first, I thought he was too old for it and honestly it would have been better if he had it from 6 months.
The lightswitch saved my sanity because now he could turn a light on and off without my having to lift him up for the ones on our wall.
The toy teaches on/off, big/little, up/down, hot/cold and other opposites and has a story mode.
I especially enjoyed the baratone "tweet"

Vicks First Defence Micro-Gel Nasal Spray 15ml
Vicks First Defence Micro-Gel Nasal Spray 15ml
Offered by Health on the Shelf
Price: 8.19

5.0 out of 5 stars It simply works & I am anti-nasal spray usage, 5 April 2013
My friend recommended this spray and I ignored her- until another 2 friends raved about it.
I am someone who has never used nasal sprays and in fact I've actively avoided them. However I went out and bought this when I felt a cold coming on for a try. All symptoms disappeared in 1-2 days and things like scratchy and sore throat went within hours.
More recently, I started taking this yesterday evening in combination with fucidic acid (fucithalmic) (which I had already been taking for 4 days) for a horrendous eye infection where Yellow tears literally streamed down my face. 24 hours later I am really starting to feel a difference with specifically the stickiness in the eyes waning. I am literally thankful for this product and intend to keep a bottle with ne always.

SwimWays Pool Toy Springfloat Kids Boat (Colour varies)
SwimWays Pool Toy Springfloat Kids Boat (Colour varies)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for holiday, 3 Dec 2012
Great pop up float that fits easilly into a suitcase.

It did not get 5 stars because

1. The float bends a bit aka fold up style when in use. Inflated edges could be larger to make item more sturdy when in use.

2. There is no hook or loop so made it difficult to carry or hang from our stroller en route to the beach with all of our gear.

3. Wr bought a small inflatable fish boat from a pool store for 4 pounds which also took up hardly any soace in our luggage and our 3yr old likef it better because of the back support. So this item is overpriced.

iDry Waterproof Phone Case for iPhone 4 / 4S
iDry Waterproof Phone Case for iPhone 4 / 4S

1.0 out of 5 stars Good case but unusable, 3 Dec 2012
The idry case is a good fit- attractive and sturdy, however the touch interface skin is so delicate and gelatinous- it seems all to easy to tear allowing water in.

Additionally, the skin is a sand magnet. The sand sticks like crazy

Also even when worn round the neck it is so cloudy (not due to humidity!) that it is unusable because one is unable to see the screen.

If they improved the touch skin the case would be given a much higher rating. Im giving mine away.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3