Profile for Martina Weitsch > Reviews

Content by Martina Weitsch

Martina Weitsch "Martina Weitsch" (Brussels, Belgium)

Page: 1 | 2
The Gap of Time: The Winter's Tale Retold (Hogarth Shakespeare)
The Gap of Time: The Winter's Tale Retold (Hogarth Shakespeare)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jun. 2016
Absolutely spellbinding. Especially after I'd seen the original in the theatre earlier this year.

LOVE MY CASE / NEW METALLIC GREEN Rubberized See-Through Hard Case Cover for Apple Macbook Pro 13-inch with RETINA DISPLAY (Models: A1502 / A1425) (will NOT fit standard MacBook Pro with CD/DVD Rom)
Offered by Love My Case Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks very good and once I realised how it fit on, 26 Jun. 2016
It looks very good and once I realised how it fit on, it was great. A picture on how to fit it with the box would be great!

House of Cards - Season 1-3 [DVD]
House of Cards - Season 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping warning of what happens when the powerful get too powerful!, 15 Jan. 2016
Absolutely gripping; couldn't stop watching. But it's also frightening to think that much of what is portrayed as fiction could - all to easily - happen (and some has, no doubt). What it should make us all stop to think about is this: how is it that there are a handful of powerful people - often either the bosses of big business or the politicians who they bankroll - can ride roughshod over the rest of us. And my short answer is this: as a public, we are too apathetic and too inclined to accept what the powers that be tell us.
Beware the media; beware politicians of most hues; beware who you trust. And make sure they know you're watching. That requires engagement and work and is frustrating and exhausting; but it is, nonetheless, unavoidable if we want to make sure that democracy doesn't become - in Frank Underwood'w words - so overrated.

Puglia - Bari - Brindisi - Taranto T10 f&b (+r)
Puglia - Bari - Brindisi - Taranto T10 f&b (+r)
by Freytag-Berndt u. Arteria KG
Edition: Map

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big!, 12 Sept. 2015
It's a bit unwieldy if you use it while travelling.

Selected Poems
Selected Poems

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Selected Poems (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely fantastic; one to dip into again and again.

Just Money: How Society Can Break the Despotic Power of Finance
Just Money: How Society Can Break the Despotic Power of Finance

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear, insightful - everyone should read it, 21 April 2014
It is a book that explain how money works and why it's not a commodity but a social contract. If we all read and understood it, it could change the economy for the better.

In Times Like These
In Times Like These

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best yet! Read it and think., 2 Dec. 2013
I absolutely love the book. It is eloquent and erudite and alarming in equal measure. Once you've started, you won't be able to put it down. We should all read it and head the warnings.
Thank you, Maureen Duffy, for writing such a wonderful book at just the right time.

Critical Mass: V.I. Warshawski 16 (The V.I. Warshawski Series)
Critical Mass: V.I. Warshawski 16 (The V.I. Warshawski Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's very clever!, 13 Nov. 2013
This is a different approach from other V.I. novels; it goes into the past to illuminate the present and it demonstrates the time it takes - over generations - to go beyond past hurt. It's very engaging; a real page turner. I would very much recommend it to anyone - not just confirmed V.I. fans (among whom I count myself).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we wanted, 1 Oct. 2013
This was a purchase to keep the cat off the duvet but allow her on the bed during the day - she loves being there. She loves the fleece blanket (and got under it immediately); so in a way the purpose wasn't achieved, but the cat was happy. What more can you ask.

200% of Nothing: An Eye Opening Tour Through the Twists and Turns of Math Abuse and Innumeracy: An Eye-Opening Tour through the Twists and Turns of Math Abuse and Innumeracy

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of it is pretty straight forward and the examples are a bit out of date, 20 Sept. 2013
I enjoyed it for what it is but it would be useful to have an updated version. Sure someone would be able to do that.

Page: 1 | 2