Profile for R. G. Manuel > Reviews

Content by R. G. Manuel

R. G. Manuel "RadioFan" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Telling Tales (Vera Stanhope)
Telling Tales (Vera Stanhope)
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars There were times when I couldn't put it down, 1 Jun 2014
This was the first of the Vera books I have read. I've watched the TV series, and enjoyed them. Having read this book, I can make the link between the book and the TV but, the book wins hands down. Although slow to get into, the book gradually became more involved, and eventually I just couldn't put it down. I had to finish it!

Kensington Virtuoso Touch Screen Stylus and Pen for iPad - Black
Kensington Virtuoso Touch Screen Stylus and Pen for iPad - Black
Offered by Inkwell Gifts
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality item, 14 May 2014
There is no doubt that this is a good quality item, but why don't such items fit the little loops provided on various cases for ipads, nooks, etc.?
Surely it's not too much to ask.
Anyway, this is easy to use, it does exactly what it claims to do, and the pen is useful as well. I thoroughly recommend it. You can buy cheaper alternatives (I've tried them, and are now an expert in repair), but this one takes the biscuit.
Go for it!

French Fried: one man's move to France with too many animals and an identity thief
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It gets more exciting as you read on, 12 May 2014
I must admit to being somewhat sceptical about this book at first but, as I read further, the more engrossed I became until I just couldn't put it down. Well worth reading, and just shows how easily things can go wrong, and how easy it is to take peoples' money.

'Portsmouth' - Band of HM Royal Marines
'Portsmouth' - Band of HM Royal Marines
Price: 8.75

4.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Buy" item for RM enthusiasts, 30 Mar 2014
Both my wife and I grew up in Portsmouth, my father-in-law was in the Marines, and we all went to the RM Christmas Concerts in the Guildhall each year, so this recording was essential for our collection and we were not disappointed.

Narrow Margins - a laugh-out-loud book about life on the waterways (Narrow Boat Books 1)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It, 14 Mar 2014
If you are someone who loves boating, especially boating on the inland waterways, then you will recognise many of the events in this book and know when to laugh out loud. But it's not just about the pitfalls and triumphs of life, it's also about the people who choose to live on the waterways and the community they share, something that is sadly lacking in the land-based world. Once started, I couldn't put this book down. It's easy to read, and you can't help but laugh, or at least smile, at life on the water.

Best of Lang Lang
Best of Lang Lang
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a good buy, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Best of Lang Lang (Audio CD)
I was expecting perhaps too much with this set. The playing is, of course, superb, but I was a little disappointed with the choice of music on disc 2. That, of course, is a personal matter, and will not apply to everyone.

Moon California Road Trip: San Francisco, Yosemite, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Los Angeles (Moon Handbooks)
by Moon
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent starter for a trip to this part of the world., 8 Jan 2014
You could spend many happy hours reading through this book and trying to decide how to fit in all you wanted to see in the holiday timeline.

Winnie-the-Pooh: When We Were Very Young Deluxe edition (Winnie-the-Pooh - Classic Editions)
by A. A. Milne

3.0 out of 5 stars Book 100% - Amazon Zero, 8 Jan 2014
The original copy I received was damaged. As it was intended as a christening present, the condition was unacceptable and the book was returned. That system worked fine. The replacement book was received in an even worse condition, so that was returned as well. I hasten to add that, in my opinion, neither condition was due to the packaging which, although not up to the usual standard, was acceptable. Needless to say, and for the first time ever, I did not re-order from Amazon, but went elsewhere and obtained the same book in excellent condition.

Come on Amazon, get it sorted!

Music Of The Night
Music Of The Night
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, could watch it again, but not his best, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Music Of The Night (Audio CD)
Bit disappointed in this one. I think the title is more than a little misleading in relation to the content

LEIFHEIT COVER FOR LINOMATIC ROTARY DRYERS
LEIFHEIT COVER FOR LINOMATIC ROTARY DRYERS
Price: 16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 5 Dec 2013
Really good quality, excellent standard for the work it has to do, does its' job, and looks great as well. Good buy.

Page: 1 | 2