Profile for Jennifer McCartney > Reviews

EDU Science G1361 Swivel Globe 13cm
EDU Science G1361 Swivel Globe 13cm
Offered by Fun Learning

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, compact globe., 9 Sept. 2014
This is a super little globe - cute, easy to read and great value for money. I have used it for a month now and it fits neatly on my bookcase. It is more attractive and larger than I expected.

The Eagle [DVD] [2011]
The Eagle [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Channing Tatum
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite Roman epic, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Eagle [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
What excellent value for money! This is a beautifully made film with sensitive performances on the part of all the actors. The story is wonderful and never flags and the film teaches a lot about Roman times.
I like the bonus features and am sad that some scenes were cut, though one was improved on. It is an excellent showcase for the exquisitely handsome Channing Tatum.
I would recommend this product to all interested in Roman history - though the story is a fantasy. 5 stars!

Utopia - John Pilger [DVD]
Utopia - John Pilger [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Pilger

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving account of Aboriginal struggles, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Utopia - John Pilger [DVD] (DVD)
I rated this 5 as it is a thorough account of what has transpired in Australia and still needs addressing. It is distressingly moving.
I would recommend this product to all who can bear the truth of what happened.

The Student Prince 1954 DVD ~ All Region Import
The Student Prince 1954 DVD ~ All Region Import

4.0 out of 5 stars This adorable movie., 18 July 2013
This is a superb film. The actors are lovely as is the story and setting. The music is absolutely wonderful.
This movie is suitable for all ages. I give it 4 stars as, although I am delighted to own this product, I am disappointed with the quality of the reproduction - it is somewhat blurred.

The Mark of Zorro [DVD] [1940]
The Mark of Zorro [DVD] [1940]
Dvd ~ Tyrone Power
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars This wonderful movie., 18 July 2013
I give this film 5 stars as it is pure and enjoyable entertainment. Fabulous actors, wonderful story and setting, with witty dialogue, super action scenes and uplifting music too. It is suitable for all ages and in itself is ageless.

Affair In Trinidad [DVD] [2006]
Affair In Trinidad [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Rita Hayworth

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing movie, 1 Jun. 2013
This film stars two of my favourite actors in an intriguing story. I am pleased to own this good quality DVD. I would recommend it to others as it is a film rarely seen on TV, if ever.

The Desperadoes
The Desperadoes
Dvd ~ Randolph Scott
Offered by Seedhouse-Rare-Movies

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful film, 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Desperadoes (DVD)
This is a gorgeous movie with a lot of action sequences and lovely actors. The quality of the DVD is excellent but I did not expect to have Chinese subtitles that I do not know how to remove. I would still recommend it to others.

Texas [DVD] [1941]
Texas [DVD] [1941]
Dvd ~ William Holden

4.0 out of 5 stars Why I like this DVD, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Texas [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
Here we see youthful Glenn Ford and William Holden, absolutely adorable and quite different from their mature image. A very exciting, fast moving story evoking life in old Texas and the wildness and joy of youth. Super photography and action sequences, showing off their riding skills etc.

The Violent Men [DVD] [1955]
The Violent Men [DVD] [1955]
Dvd ~ Glenn Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Why I love this DVD, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Violent Men [DVD] [1955] (DVD)
This is a great story of the old West, cattle barons versus ranchers etc. All the actors are superb and the photography and landscape gorgeous.
Glenn Ford's outstanding riding ability is shown - he does not move in the saddle! And I like the subtle way he achieves his aims.
Barbara Stanwyck's role was reprised in a way in the series The Big Valley.

Cowboy [DVD] [2002]
Cowboy [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Glenn Ford

4.0 out of 5 stars Why I like Cowboy, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Cowboy [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Two of my favourite actors in a colourful adventure! Lovely colour photography and realistic portrayal of a cowboy's life - a man's world.

Page: 1 | 2