Profile for E J Skorpio > Reviews

Content by E J Skorpio

E J Skorpio (Middlesbrough)

Bosch PFZ 500 E All Purpose Saw
Bosch PFZ 500 E All Purpose Saw

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch saw is the biz!, 27 Sept. 2014
purchased on the basis of posted reviews & entirely satisfied with its performance - finishing off a hefty shrub cutting up exercise that was interrupted by a blade that broke on my previous elec saw (not Bosch).
For other subsequent jobs - same satisfactory comments.

Buddy Holly - 75th Anniversary
Buddy Holly - 75th Anniversary

3.0 out of 5 stars Evergreen, classic 50's pop, 16 May 2014
I bought many BH records from the late 50's into the 60's & in recent years I could never decide which CD compilation to purchase.
About 20 years ago I bought, second hand, a boxed (German) produced set of all his released tracks, plus the New York tapes, in chronologically recorded order, & taped them for car playing. That's always been brilliant for me, but these CD's miss out classics like Reminiscing, Wishing, Love's made a fool of you (a "Crickets" version of the latter is included, but, come on, they could have used the original, surely?). I think I'll get my German versionl recorded onto CD's with one of those "do anything" machines!!!

Gold
Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant compilation from a brilliant lady's songbook., 16 May 2014
This review is from: Gold (Audio CD)
As above, but pity a few Springfield numbers weren't included, viz Silver threads, Island of dreams. Nevertheless, absolute confirmation that she was the greatest female singer & interpreter of mood songs, the UK ever produced, period.

The Crossing
The Crossing
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Never mind how old the original is, brilliant music from a brilliant band., 16 May 2014
This review is from: The Crossing (Audio CD)
I really don't think I need to add anything to what I've written above, except to express my regrets that Stu ain't with us anymore. Still I, & we, have this to constantly & regularly enjoy.

The Ultimate Collection
The Ultimate Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars c'mon, somebody ..., 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
There must be someone out there that's gonna buy this brill artiste's recordings, in this package before me, surely .... & judging by other stuff of EJ's I've heard it can't be anything other than v good.
C'mon, convince me I should invest my hard earned £5 in this direction ...

Pirate Pete The Repeat Parrot
Pirate Pete The Repeat Parrot

4.0 out of 5 stars Our Table Tennis team's mascot !!!, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Pirate Pete (Toy)
Came across this little fella in a brochure elsewhere, showed it to my team - Ormesby Pirates & he now hangs from the curtains in the T Tennis hall damn nigh every time we play a League fixture, wittering & flapping his little wings!
The young TT team kids that play come to talk to him (- but don't supply batteries to do so!) & think he's a good laugh ... & so do the disabled kids that come in for their sessions.
A right good chuckle.
Only thing is Amazon then suggested that I buy some pirate flag bunting too!!! I'll get thrown out of the TT hall at this rate!!!

100 Hits Legends - Everly Brothers
100 Hits Legends - Everly Brothers

5.0 out of 5 stars great compilation of Everly Bros stuff, 2 Mar. 2014
The first single I ever bought, for 6 shillings & fourpence, was Bird Dog still brilliant & now sung every Friday summer evening by the Railroad Hobos on the Esk Valley Music Train in North Yorkshire! Great.
Anyway, after reading many reviews of many Everly's CD's I opted for this one. V good mix.
Only minus comment would be that their classic single release tracks are mixed in with more "standard" type tracks, but having said that it's easy & enjoyable listening to two great music makers.