Profile for Norbert > Reviews

Content by Norbert

Norbert

Silent Hill Downpour (Xbox 360)
Silent Hill Downpour (Xbox 360)
Price: 13.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Downpour, 21 Feb 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have played all the Silent Hill games so far, and I wasn't sure this would be a good purchase, but since I'm a fan I could not resist leaving this episode out. Some people complained about frame rate issues, I played it on my xbox slim and apart from the loading/reading from the dvd I did not experience any annoying moments, I'd say it is pretty much normal, I got a PC also and experienced much worse issues with speed.
To me personally Silent Hill 2 was the best, it was also my first visit to this haunted world and I remember reporting sick in school just to be able to play it the whole day, with the window shutters closed. The later parts were kind of a let down to me, but then Downpour brought back something I have been missing from the SH series so long. The intro is pretty much amazing, then I thought I was playing Alan Wake again,but luckily when I have reached town running around crazy with my flashlight in the storm seeking shelter the game sucked me right in. There are a lot of areas to explore, but it isn't packed with as much puzzles I got used to,and cracking a safe results you getting gun bullets, is not really rewarding, side quests result in achievements. The background music is ok, but not anywhere near Akira Yamakoa's work ( I used to listen to SH2 soundtracks). The main character is right on spot and makes the game feel more realistic, voice acting is great, basically I liked all the characters except that radio dude. Combat is pretty straight forward, attack, block, does the trick, I liked the idea of broken weapons, makes you feel more insecure and sometimes it reminded me of the Pulp Fiction scene when Bruce Willis at Zed's shop was searching for the most painful weapon. I did not acquire a gun until later part of the game but it was twice the fun. There are only a few type of enemies, one of them I thought was more funny then scary, but I did not miss the monsters of sh3 either.Overall the atmosphere and feel is very much like SH2, melancholic, artistic (to me), but when the world changes around you there is not much to do, they could have wrote something around it to make the game last longer as the end hit me quite unexpectedly...It's still a good 2 day's whole day play, which is not bad. But I also remember playing some other games begging for the end to come as it was becoming boring.One thing..why wasn't this released on PC?

Jagwire Front Brake Cable Complete With Outer Cable
Jagwire Front Brake Cable Complete With Outer Cable
Offered by LG Supply
Price: 2.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Jagwire, 26 Jan 2013
Purchased this cable because the other cheap one I have bought landed straight in the bin as it was useless. When I have seen the cable I thought I will have the same problem, but luckily the bowden can be removed from the housing once you cut the end off and then I was able to adjust the length of housing thus freeing some more of the cable and then routed to the V brakes as the original cut is too short.I'm a happy cyclist again, with brakes. You will need a wire cutter for this job, I bought mine for 1 GBP.