Profile for Robografix > Reviews

Woodstock 40 Years on: Back to Yasgur's Farm
Woodstock 40 Years on: Back to Yasgur's Farm
Price: 16.23

4.0 out of 5 stars What, no Ten Years After?, 27 Sep 2013
This is the first time I've felt impelled to write a review. Woodstock influenced my tastes in music at the time (I was 18) and ever since. I don't know about anyone else but one of the highlights of the original set was the spellbinding performance of I'm Going Home by Ten Years After. It was certainly one of the highlights of the movie; arguably THE highlight. Amazingly, for some reason, it has been omitted from this, what should have been the ultimate record of the event. There's no space for it on six jampacked CDs. Obviously perfomances by Quill (who?) , Sweetwater (who?) and Bert Sommer (WHO?) rate a higher priority. Nothing else seems to be missing from the original. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.

That said, it's otherwise a package worth investing in, with some never-before released performances and an informative booklet which includes, for the first time, the playlist for the entire three days. Turn on, tune in, drop out.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2014 10:39 AM BST