Profile for Squink > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Remington D3010 Power Dry Hair Dryer
Remington D3010 Power Dry Hair Dryer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good hair dryer, rubbish nozzle, 16 April 2014
Okay hair dryer, it has a good choice of heat and power, even displaying which choice is the most 'eco - friendly' (surely towel drying your hair is the most eco friendly option? But whatever, I'll forgive that phrase being thrown about like an STD in Ibiza), my only problem with this dryer is that the nozzle providing flies about and falls off when you're trying to dry your hair, I ended up sellotaping the damn thing on!

Remington S3500 Ceramic Straight 230 Hair Straightener
Remington S3500 Ceramic Straight 230 Hair Straightener

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, only lasted a few months, 16 April 2014
Broke after a couple of months, and my hair would get pulled in between the plates and yank when straightening. Disappointing product!

Brazilian Keratin Treatment - Home Hair Straightening Kit 100ml (COMPLETE KIT)
Brazilian Keratin Treatment - Home Hair Straightening Kit 100ml (COMPLETE KIT)
Offered by Keratin Kits

2.0 out of 5 stars You'll love it at first, but then regret it dreadfully! Give me my beautiful long curly hair back., 16 April 2014
I was incredibly impressed the first time I used this, despite my unruly curly locks, this kit provided me DEAD straight hair that would dry naturally straight. Now a year on nearly, since I first used this kit I regret it, I've chopped around 12 inches of my once beautiful curly blonde locks off, as when this kit straightened my hair, it also destroyed the thickness of my hair and the healthiness of it. I ended up using this kit a second time as my regrowth looked ridiculous, 2 inches of curly hair and the rest lank straight hair was not a look you could expect anyone to deal with! Embrace your curls and be happy in your own skin - Who wants lank straight hair like everyone else anyway? I'm still trying to get my natural wave back. The regrowth and haircut is not worth it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2014 11:36 AM BST

Beto Mini Pump CMP-002 - 2 Way Alloy With Swivel Head
Beto Mini Pump CMP-002 - 2 Way Alloy With Swivel Head
Offered by home_essentials

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID!, 16 April 2014
Absolute rubbish, broke before I'd even pumped the tire up half way. Words cannot express how rubbish this is, avoid at all costs - Cheap basic pumps are infinity better than it

PIXI Flawless Beauty Powder No.1 Fair
PIXI Flawless Beauty Powder No.1 Fair

4.0 out of 5 stars Great in all aspects if you don't have greasy skin, 16 April 2014
Love the packaging on this powder, it really sets this brand apart from cheap high streets ones. Really sturdy little case with a cute mirror, and a draw dedicated to the very good quality sponge. Powder it self is the perfect colour, I'm pale and often find powders too dark or orange, but this was perfect. The only issue for me, is that I have a fairly greasy t-zone, and I have to continually reapply this to my forehead to keep the shine at bay, but if I didn't have that issue this would be perfect.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 16 April 2014
Bought this as a present for my Dad as he loves big kids toys. He reckons it's the best one he's tried, and has enjoyed getting to grips with the controls and scaring the cats around the house with it! Very small, but it's size makes it perfect for whizzing around the house.

TRESemme Salon Professional 2066U Ceramic Styler 230 Hair Straightener
TRESemme Salon Professional 2066U Ceramic Styler 230 Hair Straightener

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 16 April 2014
My straighteners broke and I needed a quick and cheap replacement - Have been using these several months now without feeling as though I need a more expensive replacement. I only ever use this on the lowest temperature as I worry about damaging my hair, but they always glide through my hair smoothly, and succeed in creating both dead straight and wavy or curly locks.

The Selfish Gene: 30th Anniversary edition
The Selfish Gene: 30th Anniversary edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 April 2014
Great explanation of the gene centric view of evolution, many interesting examples to back up Dawkins theories, and even explanations for difficult to explain instances of altruism.

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat
The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat
by Oliver Sacks

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 16 April 2014
Fantastic book, really interesting read. Have since recommended to friends and family. Oliver Sacks touches on some delicate subjects in a sensitive and often humorous way.

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Balm, Pomegranate, 4.25g
Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Balm, Pomegranate, 4.25g

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for healthy lips, 16 April 2014
Love the mild colour of this, has a pleasant mild scent and no distinctive flavour. If your lips are already hydrated this is a great lip balm to take out with you to keep a nice sheen to your lips - But on cracked or dry lips the colour builds up unevenly on your skin without soothing the dryness much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3