Profile for Ashes > Reviews

Content by Ashes

Ashes "merle43" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital - Collector's Edition (PC DVD)
The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital - Collector's Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247

4.0 out of 5 stars Creepy hidden objects game, 21 Sep 2014
Set in post first world war Germany the game centered around you being hired as a detective by a former psychologist to investigate an abandoned hospital where in true pre Nazi fashion a precursor to Himmler Paranormal division have been conducting experiments in an attempt to create a elite soldier using those who had suffered the horrors of the first war and were recovering.

Naturally its all gone terribly wrong and your job is to sort out the mess. Lots of enjoyable, not too difficult puzzles, creepy atmospherics and intreaging back story make for enjoyable game. If there is a blip is that in true hidden object style you have to search through a multiple array of items to find that what you seek with often no clue as to what you will find. Only later do you discover for what purpose the object is intended.

Perhaps they could have had parts which are hidden you need to find them and then when you have all the pieces assemble them.

Psychedelic shack/All directions
Psychedelic shack/All directions
Offered by TIP TOP SELLER

4.0 out of 5 stars Came exactly as advertised by the seller in good packing. Bought for a couple of tracks this ..., 7 Aug 2014
Came exactly as advertised by the seller in good packing. Bought for a couple of tracks this is a surprisingly Interesting deviation from the usual greatest hits / best of collection and is well worth repeated play. Thanks.

Moto G Premium Quality Screen Protector : Anti Glare Matte edition (2 in Pack - Front) by TUFFskinz
Offered by TUFFskinz

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 29 April 2014
The product arrived reasonably quickly and appears well made. Some problems with fitting it. I felt the instructions rather wordy. That said the product appears to be doing the job though fitting with reduced air bubbles was hard. The card helps.

Casting the Net (The Dunbridge Chronicles)
Casting the Net (The Dunbridge Chronicles)
by Pam Rhodes

4.0 out of 5 stars speedy to read sequal, 18 April 2014
Having read and enjoyed book 1 it was inevitable i'd read its sequal. Building on the foundations of its predessor this volume continues to explore the inhabbitants of the village of Dunbridge and its newly appointed vicar Neil Fisher.

Once again Fisher has to balance his relatishonship with a number of women in his life with those of his work for god and the church. As he stumbles and makes errors along the way you sympathise with the problems he faces although i did feel the book was in parts mellowdramatic but perhaps the writer was trying to bring some depth to the novel in justifying gods actions by killing off one or more of its principle characters.

That said, the book does carry you forward with its tales of sadness, drama, scandel and humour to the extent that you find yourself consuming its pages with remarkable speed. Concluding with the statement that a third title in the series, to be titled " if you follow me" is set for publication later this year, it will be interesting to see how Pam Rhodes can sustain momentum unless drastic measures are affoot for its principle characters.

Fisher of Men (The Dunbridge Chronicles)
Fisher of Men (The Dunbridge Chronicles)
by Pam Rhodes

4.0 out of 5 stars Very moving and enjoyable holiday read, 24 Mar 2014
I really liked this. Rhodes delivers just the right balance between empathy (for the elderly) and humor. Whilst the book obviously contains christian values it dosnt preach which leaves you the reader space to follow along in the life of the star of the book Neil Fisher and the various people and characters he meets within the village of Dunbridge. Its really good to find a book which isn't heavy going. I do feel their is more to played out here so i was delighted to learn a sequel called Casting the Net is already published with a third book ( completing a trilogy ) due out later this year. I wait to see if the match my expectations but you can see this being turned into a show a la Vicar of Dilbley.

White Hard Case For Apple iPhone 4 / 4S - Exclusive To In Deals
White Hard Case For Apple iPhone 4 / 4S - Exclusive To In Deals
Offered by egadgetstore

2.0 out of 5 stars prompt delivery of old stock that looked cheap, 20 Mar 2014
The goods arrived with a yellow stain on them. We think it was to do with age so we sent it back. We are awaiting a refund.

Russell Hobbs Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 2000 Watt
Russell Hobbs Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 2000 Watt

3.0 out of 5 stars Average vacume cleaner, 15 Mar 2014
When my wife and I first bought and used this machine we thought it was great. We live in a 3 bedroom house with a cat that molts so it did the job. However, we quickly found out its storage capacity whilst good dose not solve the problem of frequent blockages. Basically we realized you have to clean the filters after nearly every use as if you don't the red light comes on and the machine appears to loose the suction power of when its fully operational. The other problem with the machine was the hose part of the attachments. We persevered but after a few months soon cracked and broke as its made of flimsy plastic. Luckily we did a Frankenstein style job and had a metal hose off an old hoover which although adds to the weight is far more robust than its predecessor. Buying replacement parts like filters has been problematic for us as well. You get the impression Russell Hobbs arnt that interested, they want you to buy their latest product not something that is now two years old.

I understand this machine has already been replaced by Russell Hobbs. I hope they looked at these problems particularly the hose part because that is really poor quality. My advise is check an assembled product out before you buy it as we bought ours on offer straight out of the box with nothing to see to compare it to .

Battlestar Galactica: Downloaded (Inside the Universe of the Critically Acclaimed TV Show): The Official Color Companion: 1
by David Bassom

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome book, 26 Jan 2014
If like me you love show but want to know more this book is ideal. Like other reviewers have said it covers the first two series with indepth cast, crew and writer interviews as well as synopsis for each episode of the first two series. My thing is to watch the episode and then read all about it in the book. Due to the show being so good you want to watch episodes again and again and when the season ends although it brings closure in some ways you still feel like you cant wait to the next series.

I think the book helps to illustrate and enbale the reader to undertsnd the reasons why the characters make the decisions they do. So far im a third of the way through the second series and the question on my mind is why did Odama allow Tye on his ship as a crewman. Friendship goes along way to explain his way of thinking. But as we have seen with his decision to - spolier alert, declaire marshall law he wasnt fit to command. In fareness Adama could not have anticipated, spolier alert - getting shot but clearly to be in charge you need to have certain qualities that maketh the man / women and what Tye lacks will Im sure ultimatley bring about his downfall.

if anyone wants to comment on my review please do because i'd like to correspond with people about the show.

Nightmares from the Deep (PC DVD)
Nightmares from the Deep (PC DVD)
Offered by Zartek UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Ship and a bottle of Rum, 25 Aug 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
There are many HOG out their. Some put you to sleep but others like this game are so entertaining, it makes you want to buy the whole game. Like other reviewers have said the animation is very good, as are the atmospherics so you get drawn into the game quickly. Whilst the voice overs don't always work, the puzzles I found can be tricky so the temptation to use the skip button was occasionally overwhelming. Spoiler alert: even I figured that by placing the missing items onto the body of the Captain in the Museum something was going to happen, i'm sure other gamer's would agree with me.

For those of you interested the demo only covers the events of the Museum and ghost ship you have to buy the game to find out if you reach the island.

Men's 10 Piece Travel Grooming Kit
Men's 10 Piece Travel Grooming Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Grooming kit of mixed usage, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Men's 10 Piece Travel Grooming Kit
Bought this as a gift to myself. Alarm bells should have run when I found out it was made in China but I persevered. Scissors were blunt so i binned them and have replaced with my own pair. Mirror is compact easy to use and useful. Shaver was Cheap with a capitol C and blade was at an angle ! took me a while to work out how to fit it, you slide it on not clip it. Blade was blunt though.

Nose hair trimmer works but feels cheap so i don't know how long it'll last. Would have been useful to have had a comb as well as well as the lint brush. Clippers and manicure tool are among st the highlight of the set although the case could be the best thing of all as it appears well made and sturdy.

This product isnt worth the £15.00 + postage I paid for it. I know the seller wont give me a refund for hygiene reasons but I wanted a grooming kit and by replacing a couple of pieces I now have one. My advice is approach with caution.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6