Profile for J. Henley > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Parker S0809120 Medium Nib Sonnet Fountain Pen - Stainless Steel and Gold Trim
Parker S0809120 Medium Nib Sonnet Fountain Pen - Stainless Steel and Gold Trim

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine until the nib broke, 28 Mar. 2013
I was initially please with this pen- it wrote smoothly, was a nice weight, well balanced and felt well made. After 3 years of gentle, occasional use, the nib inexplicably sheared off on one side (no idea why- the pen was not dropped or subject to any force) and I took it to W H Smith who had previously arranged for repairs to Parkers, usually free of charge. They told me that Parker were under new ownership and that the new owners had a different attitude to customer service and that they would no longer deal with them. They referred me to John Lewis who said they could return the pen to France where, after 6 or 7 weeks, they would provide an estimate to repair.

Apparently the cost to repair the nib would be £57. I only paid £35 for the pen!

I have found other nibs online (still upwards of £20 delivered) but still feel cheated. I thought I was buying a good quality pen that would last for life, like the Parkers of a few years ago. Looks like I've got to try elsewhere.

Mazda Bongo Retro Fit Flat AERO VU Windshield Wiper Blades - Pair Windscreen Wipers

5.0 out of 5 stars a small but significant improvement, 30 Nov. 2012
Good item.

Fitted in seconds but nice and secure on the existing wiper arms. The bracket snaps shut on the arm, looks neat, blade does not flex in use and clears effectively from the first wipe. Slightly longer than the standard wipers but do not foul the screen edges.

Have had this type of blade on several cars- not had reason to complain yet.

Happy to recommend.

Mares Aquazone Ghibli Dual Lens Clear Silicone Mask with Yellow Frame Trim
Mares Aquazone Ghibli Dual Lens Clear Silicone Mask with Yellow Frame Trim
Offered by M.A.D.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as I'd hoped, 25 Aug. 2012
Bought this to replace a mask I'd used for over 10 years and been very happy with.

Initial impression was good- the mask appeared a good fit, adjustment was easy and the item looked well made. Came in a protective case too.

Used the mask for the first time on holiday and found a few shortcomings. Despite the claim of 180 degree vision, I found the frame was apparent in my peripheral vision. The unit fogged up quickly too, to the point where I couldn't see the screen on my camera, yet alone what I was trying to photograph. Worse though was the leaking (around the bridge of my nose)and the way the silicon around my nose collapsed under water pressure, meaning the unit pressed uncomfortably around my sinuses when I dived.

I bough the mask because it was designed for medium to large faces- I'm sure other users may not have the same issues if the mask suits their face shape better, but I've now bought a Cressi mask which has none of the same problems.

Head Tiger LSR Swim Goggle - Black/Smoke
Head Tiger LSR Swim Goggle - Black/Smoke
Offered by Prime Scuba

5.0 out of 5 stars Look good, seal well, don't fog up, 25 Aug. 2012
These have proved themselves in the pool and in the sea- vision is clear, they're comfortable (even for extended use) and the seal is as good as any I've tried. Best I've had.

Kodak Playsport Zx3 Waterproof HD Pocket Video Camera - Orange
Kodak Playsport Zx3 Waterproof HD Pocket Video Camera - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent gadget, 2 Jan. 2012
Length:: 0:10 Mins

Was a little sceptical of this before I used it- especially since it blew a few bubbles when I first put it in a glass of water.

First used it to video my daughter's school play. Despite low light it really does record in HD quality- both picture and sound reproduction are excellent. Unit proved easy to use with decent battery life too.

Even better underwater though- waterproof to at least 3 metres (I took it down further without any problem) and takes excellent video footage. Again, the sound is excellent- gives the best impression of what it feels like to go snorkelling.

Perhaps the best test came at the swimming pool- I tried jumping in whilst recording and the Playsport recorded the run up, the entry and subsequent surfacing witout any problems.

All in all, better quality than I was expecting

Fujifilm FinePix XP10 Digital Camera - Black (12MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars decent enough in our out of water, 2 Jan. 2012
Bought to replace an ailing Olympus Mju and housing.

Camera seems sturdy enough and usefully small. Photo quality is good if not exceptional- will never take a picture as good as, say, my Fuji s9500 bridge camera. Some useful gadgets such as auto red eye removal (good fund watching this working) but focus accuracy, clarity and colour reproduction are all merely average.

Used as a small pocket camera, it's waterproof and shockproof nature come in handy.

Underwater, it takes a little getting used to but the decent sized screed means you do have a sporting chance of actually seeing what you are trying to take a picture of. The fact it doesn't need a housing helps here too. You can also turn the camera off and on again and it remembers the settings you were using- helpful because it can be difficult seeing the prompts on screen when wearing a mask, and means you're more likely to get a few frames off before the subject swims off.

Got some very good photos from this on holiday and no problems with leaks. Took it down further than 3 metres without any issues. Good for parties too- if John spills his beer on it (again...) then it can just be rinsed off.

All in all a pretty good multi purpose camera.

Panasonic KX-TG6622EB Twin Digital Cordless Phone Set with Answer Machine - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent twin phone, 2 Jan. 2012
My second Panasonic cordless (the first is still working fine after 8 years), so I expected it to be good and it is. well made, looks good, easy to use, keys are nice and positive, good clear sound quality and battery life good. Range is fine around house and into garden.

Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars nice strap, 26 Nov. 2011
I know I shouldn't get excited about a guitar strap, but this is lovely. Thick, strong and supple it is comfortable and holds my bass in position much better than a nylon strap. Looks good too.

Highly recommended.

Adapt ADK-100 Universal Bluetooth Black Keyboard for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, HTC, BlackBerry Sony Ericsson, Nokia, LG, Samsung, Motorola
Offered by Modern-Tech

1.0 out of 5 stars does not work with blackberry, 26 Nov. 2011
Bought to use with a blackberry bold but does not appear compatible. Supplier promised to send software but never arrived.

Unit is not much bigger than blackberry keyboard anyway and key action feels awful.

Cube World Series 2 - Dusty and Handy (I6058)
Cube World Series 2 - Dusty and Handy (I6058)

4.0 out of 5 stars quirky toys with personality, 26 Nov. 2011
My daughters (8 & 9) love these- put them together and they dance, argue and fight with each other- the more you get the better they interact. You can play simple games with them individually too.

Had a few of these for several years now- the novelty hasn't worn off, they all still work and the batteries are cheap and easily changed.

The wife plays with them too when she thinks no-one's looking.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3