Profile for Sorek > Reviews

Content by Sorek

Sorek "Zendude" (Tel Aviv)

Double Pine Bed 4ft 6 HEAVY DUTY Wooden Frame with extra wide base slats and centre rail - VERY STRONG

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy and great value for the cost, 14 Dec 2014
This bed is attractive, sturdy and great value for the cost. Assembly wasn't difficult at all. I'm quite pleased with this bed.

Seconique Mexican Princess Distressed Waxed Pine Double Bed Frame
Seconique Mexican Princess Distressed Waxed Pine Double Bed Frame

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 20 Nov 2014
This was remarkably easy to put together. It is sturdy, looks good and smells wonderful. I highly recommend this item.

Corona Low Book Case
Corona Low Book Case
Offered by Capital Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 19 Nov 2014
This review is from: Corona Low Book Case
The bookcases arrived early, were easy to build and proved to be sturdy, attractive...the pine smells wonderful. I will order some more now.

Sony DVPSR760H MultiRegion DVD Player + HDMI Cable Supplied
Sony DVPSR760H MultiRegion DVD Player + HDMI Cable Supplied
Offered by K.K. Electronics

1.0 out of 5 stars This was supplied by KK Electronics. It is NOT ..., 8 Nov 2014
This was supplied by KK Electronics. It is NOT "MultiRegion" as advertised. Upon testing it, I found that it will ONLY play Region 2 discs.

Israel Car Flag - 12 x 16 inch
Israel Car Flag - 12 x 16 inch
Offered by Best-Buy-Flags

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeding expectations, my will to live was restored, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Israel Car Flag - 12 x 16 inch
Life was dark and dismally gloomy for me, until the idea of ordering this flag occurred to me as if delivered by an angel or a faerie. I said to myself, "Self, fill the aching void in your life by purchasing this item!" I did so, and upon arrival this little flag was my own personal portal to a higher plane of existence in which all contradictions were reconciled, all fears assuaged and the relief of an unburdened and lightened soul was mine. Now I lead a carefree existence full of hope and wonder. Thank you. THANK you.

Billabong Mens Destroyed Trapp Messenger Bag Brown
Billabong Mens Destroyed Trapp Messenger Bag Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars The PERFECT bag!, 30 Mar 2014
This was the best leather bag I've ever owned…too bad that Billabong won't allow us to have it anymore…I would like another to replace my old one, but it seems the fashionistas and marketing folks don't want our business.

Cranks Fast Food: For Vitality And Health
Cranks Fast Food: For Vitality And Health
by Nadine Abensur

5.0 out of 5 stars My FAVORITE cookbook ever!, 27 Sep 2012
Nadine Abensur's recipes make this cookbook my very favorite...EVER! My guests tend to agree, as they benefit from the many delicious and healthy dishes that I make following the Crank's recipes. Some dishes have become old favorites for me and my friends...others remain to be discovered and savoured. This is the best cookbook that I've ever found for making tasty and nutritious meals--and as a vegetarian, I have a particular fondness for this book. Highly recommended....as I recommend also Nadine's "Crank's Bible."

Mega Shark Vs Crocosaurus [DVD]
Mega Shark Vs Crocosaurus [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gary Stretch

5.0 out of 5 stars A Film of Deep Significance and Meaning For Our Time, 17 Sep 2012
This marvelous chef d'oeuvre, Megashark Versus Crocosaurus, is a triumph of modern cinema and an expression of the most profound longings of the human spirit. The writing is of epic quality, finding a place amongst the great sagas of history, and the acting alone can move even the hardest heart to tears. It is a travesty and a shame, a lasting blot upon the soul of the cinematic Establishment, that this wonderful film did not garner several Academy Award nominations, nor was it featured at Sundance or Cannes where it belonged, a beacon in the darkness that shines far above the usual mediocrities of mundane "cinema."

Evolution (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Evolution (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Stephen Baxter

5.0 out of 5 stars Of Time and Genes, 15 Jan 2003
Stephen Baxter, author of the satisfyingly ambition The Time Ships, demonstrates his mastery of science fiction in this novel about the path of primate evolution across the eons. Beginning with a small, timid rodent-like primate in the late Cretaceous, we are guided beyond the great catastrophe that ended the dominance of the reptiles into the stream of mammalian development that will culminate in the emergence of our own species. Baxter takes us into the worlds of the pithecines, the Neanderthal, early Homo sapiens, and provides lavish descriptions of the environmental factors which result in growing intelligence and consciousness of life on Earth. It is in this rich background that Baxter reveals his firm grasp of the sciences and he fairly revels in speculation that is entirely plausible.
Not content with leaving the reader hanging in the early 21st century, Mr. Baxter proceeds to "run the clock forward" and takes the story of the human family far into the future, offering a window into some of the possible scenarios of life's journey across the changing Earth. All in all, Evolution is an intriguing, absorbing, and compelling look at the saga of life, the struggle of the gene, and the many possibilities of our past and future. One comes away with an intensified appreciation of humankind's heritage and the need to protect our species' home and hard-earned gains.