Profile for Miss O Murphy > Reviews

Miss O Murphy

Salter 9141 WH3R Glass Body Fat Analyser Bathroom Scale
Salter 9141 WH3R Glass Body Fat Analyser Bathroom Scale

2.0 out of 5 stars no thank you, 2 Nov. 2014
2 stars for looking good, easy to read display and quality build. BUT 0 stars for performance. Weighed pretty well, but none of the other features worked - I bought them for body fat measures- very disappointing. Instructions provided are minimal and require a magnifying glass to read them. Got my data set up by trial and error, for my prize I was given one full set of results. Happy! Came back next day... Nothing. Reset my details.. Nothing. Got on. Got off. Tried cold feet, warm feet, etc etc etc. Just a weight provided. I'm getting a refund. Pity I can't be repaid for the time I lost faffing with these beautiful useless scales

Key Stage 1(KS1) Maths
Key Stage 1(KS1) Maths

2.0 out of 5 stars wasted money., 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Key Stage 1(KS1) Maths (App)
This app appears to have some good content that is relevant to the Key Stages of the UK. Unfortunately the interface is very flawed with tiny buttons, questions and answers set very close to the edge of the screen - overall very difficult to use for the average child of this age group. (as used on a kindle Fire). Very Disappointed. Wasted Money

Reading Rainbow (Kindle Tablet Edition): Learn & Read with A Library of Children's Books, Kids Videos & Educational Games

1.0 out of 5 stars not a free resource, 15 Dec. 2013
Allows you this give all your details and get your child excited... and then let's you know you will have to buy a paid subscription to use almost all of the resources. Cheat!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2014 10:55 AM GMT

Paddington Races Ahead (Paddington)
Paddington Races Ahead (Paddington)
by Michael Bond

3.0 out of 5 stars Paddington in Real Time, 5 Nov. 2013
Having recently started reading the first Paddington tales to my daughter we moved on to this title not realising that it was such a recent release with Paddington living in the present day environment, (referencing computers and travel cards!?!?). The first chapter was almost impossible to read aloud and she quickly lost track of the meaning behind the story, closely followed by myself. I have perused the second chapter alone and found it to be more readable, the story makes more sense and a small part of the 'Paddington' returns.... But I think we will be returning to the older titles and leaving the new fangled Paddington for another time. There is a distinct lack of charm in the newer version and certainly the stories, whilst being contextually correct, are much less appealing than those of the early years. The age old clueless Paddington with his withering stares, blundering ways and accidentally insightful remarks is best. We can live without being 'up to date' as long as we get a good old bedtime story.

11pce Leather Look Universal Car Seat Covers - Black/Grey
11pce Leather Look Universal Car Seat Covers - Black/Grey
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

1.0 out of 5 stars Same price. Inferior Product, 24 April 2013
I bought this same set of covers 2 years ago and was so happy with the originals that I just set out to buy the same again when they wore out. BUT I am sorely disappointed by the latest version. They have maintained the great price, but have taken a serious dent in the quality. Its just cheaper all around. The covers are slightly smaller and I had much more of a stretch to get them on - I was almost tearing off the elastic ties trying to get them to meet and fasten. In some places I just didnt even try to get them pegged down and have just let them slip over the seats. The side air bag openings no longer have velcro on them, (probably makes them more likely to release on impact) but what it actually does is leave me with gaping slits down the side of each front seat and I reckon the seats are much more likely to get torn or badly worn as the seatbelt goes back and forth. Even the steering wheel cover is worse, with badly sewn plastic seaming and extra bits untrimmed that constantly catch on my hands as I turn. They look pretty good on, but I dont think I am going to get 2 years out of this set!

UPDATE: Oct 2013. have reduced to one star! The seat covers bought are ready to be replaced. Tears and holes have appeared particularly on the front seats. With just me and one small child in the back the covers have hardly been put under any major stress. The steering wheel cover started unravelling almost immediately, bits of tape hanging off and snagging your fingers as you drive. Occasionally the whole thing slides around and doesn't catch the steering wheel! dangerous. Total rubbish compared to the first set I bought. Don't waste your cash

The Reversal
The Reversal
by Michael Connelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Its all gone a bit.. John Grisham, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Reversal (Paperback)
There is nothing wrong with a good John Grisham, but when I reach for a Michael Connelly I expect a bit less court room and a bit more crime scene... That said, The Reversal was a good enough read, I whiled away a few good hours with the steady paced story. I was none the worse for it. But its a loooong way off what I expect from this author. 'a good enough read'??? that would never have been description enough for any of Connellys many previous titles. True, those were the early days and as many fans have noted, it does seem at times that the author is just filling a book quota as per his contract. He has certainly departed from a well trodden but much admired route in the likes of Nine Dragons which, in my opinion, was really quite awful. More recently The Drop showed signs of a return to form... And The Reversal? well it is what is.. A decent plotline but no major intrigue. Some pretence of threat and danger but a distinct lack of fresh kills. Not Thrilling! Not Gripping! Not Gorey! Maybe, A Page Turner! - just one where you turn pages at a reasonably steady speed...All in All...just.. a good enough read.

Garbage! Monster! Burp!
Garbage! Monster! Burp!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 3 Jan. 2013
My daughter has rated this book as a 5. She likes it "because it is a fab story and my favourite part is the monster who is friends with the children. This story tells me to be nice and to recycle my rubbish. I am four."