Profile for Book Wyrm > Reviews

Paula
Paula
Offered by Crawley Music

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked this album so much I bought 540 copies, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Paula (Audio CD)
I liked this album so much I bought 540 copies, but apparently I'm the only person in Britain who feels this way.

By The Light Of The Northern Star
By The Light Of The Northern Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Odin Approves!, 30 Mar 2014
If you are awesome and like awesome things then get this album. Buy if you want your balls to be blown off, otherwise avoid. My mother's dog 'Sweetums' listened to this album and now it's a frost breathing wolf that has somehow chosen to rename itself 'Thorvald Red-Snow, Hound of the End Times'.

20th Century Eightball
20th Century Eightball
by Dan Clowes

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Thing, 2 May 2013
This review is from: 20th Century Eightball (Paperback)
This is the funniest thing I have ever read, that's all I feel the need to say about it. Get it now.

Enjoy the Decline
Enjoy the Decline
by Aaron Clarey

1.0 out of 5 stars Laughable delusions., 2 May 2013
This review is from: Enjoy the Decline (Paperback)
If you're the sort of hyper-selfish person who can't stand to see the least grain of your privilege lost to someone who isn't exactly like you in every way, then you'll think this 'book' is awesome. Similarly if you like your grade school economics with a healthy dose of mansplaining you'll be impressed as well. Of course you could just get plenty of this libertarian whining for free on the internet but no doubt the 'author' would weep in frustration that you're stealing the sweat of his brow. But hey, regurgitating a lot of received opinion is hard work.

Execrable rubbish. If you're into this sort of thing then let the scales fall from your eyes and reject the feat of doublethink required to believe it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2014 9:02 PM GMT

The Book of Five Rings      (with linked TOC)
The Book of Five Rings (with linked TOC)

5.0 out of 5 stars The power of a hundred tigers., 5 Oct 2012
Down at my old dojo we never used the buddy system, it was all about flying solo. Well I don't need to tell you how dangerous that was, there's only so many roundhouse kicks to the face a guy can take. My life changed after my new sensei got me to read this book; after only a week I stopped dressing like Peter Pan and disciplined my image, and I was prepared to defend myself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma and the wisdom of a man. This book in three words? Raw.Samurai.Power.

Mission that killed Osama bin Laden (Kit Brand Book 2)
Mission that killed Osama bin Laden (Kit Brand Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Brass Neck, 10 Sep 2012
I'm going to write a book about a boy who finds out he is a wizard, in order to sell loads of copies I'm going to call it Harry Potter. I feel no shame in this and I'm glad that James Brand shares my sense of ethics.

Behind the Bell
Behind the Bell
by Dustin Diamond

5.0 out of 5 stars Erotique revelation that will shake thee to thy core., 14 July 2012
This review is from: Behind the Bell (Hardcover)
Where to begin? This is a remarkable, soul shaking, heart breaking, earth quaking tell all account of the behind the scenes 'les activities sexual' of the cast and crew of a show which typified the apocalypse generation more than any other. A show, nay a magnum opus, that burns still behind the eyes of the pre-millennial children who drew most if not all their substance from it.

It is written by the actor who played 'screech-man' Powers. If you loved the character of 'screech-man' you'll love this account of him describing the size of his manhood over several hundred pages and the various sexual crimes committed by him and his 'classmates' against extras and various members of the public.

There is no doubt that 'screech-man' is one of the most enduring archetypes of the modern era and it is possible to learn from the internet that his father looked just like Andy from Little Britain. Who can forget that catch-phrase 'SCREEEECHSCREEEEECHSCREEEECH' which seemed to come from all around the prey, never knowing which locker 'screech-man' would leap from. Only Zack's power of freezing time could hold back 'screech-man' and in this book you will learn why and you will also wonder why, if his dad looks like Andy from Little Britain, why doesn't he?

At the fairly reasonable price of 66 pence, I can recommend this book.

Well-Remembered Days : Eoin O'Ceallaigh's Memoir of a Twentieth-century Catholic Life
by Eoin O'Ceallaigh

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Father Ted you'll love this., 27 Jun 2012
This book is absolutely hilarious. It's very much in the vein of Father Ted being concerned with Irish Catholicism but is able to touch on far darker subject matter, but with the same touch that made that series so funny. I wish it was five times longer and I wish Mathews would write more books!

Health Energy Potion
Health Energy Potion
Offered by Candy Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver!, 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: Health Energy Potion (Misc.)
I have spent the better part of a day creeping through the Cavern of Ulfzarr in search of the fabled sword of Ulfzarr Mageblood, Slayer of Gnomes, and I've finally reached the treasure vault. This is my first time venturing into an actual 'dungeon', and as an apprentice gnome mage who only knows one spell (Control Bladder) I was relieved to see the coal black blade prominently placed at the back of the vault, nestled securely in the hands of a huge suit of spiked armour. "Hoho," I said to myself, "Bludpuff you lucky dog, you'll finally be able to afford that Girdle of Gender Reassignment you've been saving up for". I stepped boldly across the room only to trigger an (almost) fatal arrow trap. I just used this excellent product to recuperate and I'm sitting having a rest and summoning my strength before I grab the sword and go. I could only afford one on the wages of a junior bladder controller but I'm glad it's been enough. Anyway I can highly recommend this potion and I'm glad I didn't swap it for that so called 'Scroll of Mageblood's Bane' as that old man urged me to. I'll write a more detailed review of it's actual qualities when I'm back on the surface.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2013 7:36 PM GMT