Profile for Ms. Emma Jay > Reviews

Content by Ms. Emma Jay

Ms. Emma Jay (Chelmsford, England)

The Reluctant Fundamentalist
The Reluctant Fundamentalist

4.0 out of 5 stars A good taster, 5 Aug. 2015
This album opened my ears to new music. Some really punchy, powerful, simmeringly emotional stuff in the first half of the album. Once you get to the dismal Amy Ray track things get a bit mediocre, but I've used this as a jumping off point for explorations into a music genre which is new and exciting to me.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this tank, 9 Aug. 2014
Love this tank. I have been playing with it for days. Yes. the tracks do come off after a while of maeouvering on thicker carpet,but they are very easy to refit. Only down side is that it doesnt fire real bullets - but for the price I think it is a great little toy and it arrived reasonably quickly, considering it comes from China. Very well packaged too - you will probably need a screwdriver to release it from its case.. Go on...buy it...you know you want to...

Tonight Josephine
Tonight Josephine

4.0 out of 5 stars Do you wanna dance?, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Tonight Josephine (Audio CD)
Having bought Caro Emerald's 'Deleted Scenes From the Cutting Room Floor' I bought this CD to get a sample of electro swing and to DANCE DANCE DANCE. This is a good album with a good selection of upbeat, sexy, highly-danceable, swingin' tunes, but I found it dwindled a little in places and lost its momentum. However, I think this will stay as a favourite for when I need to dance my blues away and maybe the more laid-back stuff will grow on me.

20 Granddes Exitos
20 Granddes Exitos

4.0 out of 5 stars for what it's worth, 31 July 2009
This review is from: 20 Granddes Exitos (Audio CD)
I'd previously only heard the work of Falu through his collaboration with Paco Pena, but I was enchanted by the richness of his baritone and the sweetness of his guitar sound. I was looking to be further enchanted by this collection of songs and I wasn't disappointed. I can't comment on his lyrics as I don't speak Spanish, but the richness of his singing style certainly floats my boat. I find this a relaxed, soothing album whilst still being musically rich and interesting. It doesn't have the dark intensity of flamenco; it's added a new breadth to my collection. I will be looking for more from this man.