Profile for IH > Reviews

IH

Play Me (Version)
Play Me (Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanely hypnotic, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Play Me (Version) (MP3 Download)
Brilliant track. BG seems to have a steadfast eloquence when it comes to his melodic, if not marginally irreverent style of composition. Five stars...give us more!

26" KCP CITY BIKE TREKKING BIKE WILD CAT MEN white black - (26 inch)
26" KCP CITY BIKE TREKKING BIKE WILD CAT MEN white black - (26 inch)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bike but service sucked!, 3 May 2013
The bike arrived in a box which looked slightly battered but seemed OK. I opened the box, took all the pieces out and found there was a dent in the front mudguard and had a broken spoke on the front wheel. The dent I tried pushing out and reached a satisfactory result. The spoke, however, was irreparable. I emailed the German manufacturer and explained the problem then proceeded to construct the bike. The instruction booklet was in some form of pigeon English and very hard to follow, but, with a bit of guesswork and a lot of patience I managed to build a functioning mode of transport. I awaited a reply to my email and it came, and read as follows: "Dear customer, it is probably a transportation damage! We can refund you 5 pounds to change it, such a spoke costs probably 0.50 pounds! Is it Ok for you so we can initiate the refund via amazon."
I replied: "Yes, that's OK but where do I get one the same as the others and how do I fit it?"
They replied: "In each bike store you can find such spokes, to change it you should have to take the tyre down and mount the new spoke with the nipple on the rim, it is not difficult. You can ask tin the store to do that, it is a matter of 5 minutes."
I replied: "Thankyou for your response. But can you tell me what size the spoke is so I can order one, and do you know where I can order one from?"
They replied: "Actually you can buy it directly in each bike workshop near you. We will see if we can send you some spokes as a letter."
I replied: "If you can send me some that would be great....if not can you tell me the size and dimensions."
They replied: "We will send you 2-3 pieces do not warry."
I replied: "Thankyou, that's very kind."
A few days later, three spokes arrived. 'Great' I thought, I could not complete the project. No...I couldn't. The spokes were too long. Hacked off with my pen-letter relationship with the said manufacturer, I took to You Tube to see get a quick lesson on how to fix a spoke...after, that is, when I cut it too the correct length and purchased a spoke spanner to complete the job! (from Amazon, good price, but not the point!).
So, in conclusion.....The bike itself, once constructed, is solid, looks well built, and rides well (plenty of safety features and extras that don't come as standard on most bikes). The service, however, sucked! I never got the £5 refund to my Amazon account (presumably they used that to send me the spokes, which were wrong anyway!), the instruction booklet which, by the way, was a PDF attachment to one of the plethora of emails from KCP, makes for an amusing read but serves poorly as a construction guide, and, finally, a bike from overseas should, in my humble opinion, need to be packed far more securely for transport. If I could turn back the clock? Despite the fact the bike, after all the hassle, is quite good, I think I would have paid the extra (or not in some cases) and bought British!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2014 2:20 PM BST