Profile for Dr. David R. Holland > Reviews

Content by Dr. David R. H...

Dr. David R. Holland

Polaroid Macro LED Ring Flash & Light For Canon SLR Cameras (Will Fit 52,55,58,62,67,72,77mm Lenses)
Offered by Smart Shop UK
Price: 34.99

1.0 out of 5 stars So far no good, 26 Jan 2014
The flash doesn't go off the led works but as a macro ring flash it is no use so far.

eSecure High Speed USB Card Reader for Digital Memory Cards - Wide Compatibility

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted once, 3 Nov 2013
It worked then it stopped working. I only uploaded photos once and it stopped working.
A piece of rubbish that I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Bracoo Breathable Neoprene Knee Support, One Size, Black
Bracoo Breathable Neoprene Knee Support, One Size, Black
Offered by Comfytopia
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Oct 2013
I fell over on the ice about 6 months ago and the pain was getting worse. This has helped so much that I am buying another one for my other knee which was not as bad.
I got it wet today after getting changed swimming and even without it, the pain is a lot less than it was before I bought it.

I would recommend that you look carefully when walking when there is ice, but if you don't buy this.

Colombia Green Guide Michelin 2012-2013 (Michelin Green Guides)
Colombia Green Guide Michelin 2012-2013 (Michelin Green Guides)

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, 3 Aug 2013
I have been to Colombia many times and some of the things it says like men shouldn't wear shorts are at least 8 years out of date. Colombians did think like this when I first visited in 2001 but now it is a lot more liberal society.
I would recommend the Bradt or Footprint guide instead.

Generation F
Generation F
by Winston Smith
Price: 7.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 July 2011
This review is from: Generation F (Paperback)
The clever humour in using names from 1984 e.g. Ocenia housing assocation and the fact that Winston makes it clear that he was left wing before reality mugged him mean that this is a very enjoyable book.

It also sadly makes me think about emmigrating. If I were David Cameron I would parachute Winston into the house of commons. If I were an MP I would think about retiring so Winston could have my seat.

Sadly Winston I am neither.

Transparent Russian Complete Edition
Transparent Russian Complete Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but could be so much more, 2 July 2011
This is good in that you can use to improve your pronounciation a lot more easily than with e.g. an audio based course. The reading is interesting and the activities are fun.
When you listen to a reading, you can click on a word it not only tells you the meaning in English but also if it is a noun, verb etc.

However it does not develop your grammar skills like Hugo or Linguaphone do.

If a company like that could combine their course with Transparent language it would be a perfect course and would deserve 5 stars sadly this doesn't - although it it is worth buying.

Although I am not so sure if I would buy the whole thing you can buy different segments of it.
After using it more I will improve on this review.

All Things Wise and Wonderful
All Things Wise and Wonderful
by James Herriot

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book but be aware it is an omnibus of, 17 Dec 2010
I was going to buy this but then I realised it was an omnibus of two others books I already had.
All Things Wise and Wonderful (1977) (incorporating Vets Might Fly and Vet in a Spin)
(Thanks wikipedia) -bear this in mind if you are thinking of buying it.

However if you have not bought those books but it is wonderful

The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion
The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion
by Robert Spencer
Price: 16.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 29 Aug 2007
I enjoyed it a lot. No one attacking it has said anything concrete against eg page x is untrue. The book basically tells the truth about one of the most evil men ever. Of course those who treat him as a demi god are offended by the truth.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2011 10:36 AM BST