Profile for Harry Felton > Reviews

Content by Harry Felton

Harry Felton

Page: 1 | 2
SAMAR® - Supreme Quality New HTC One M8 Crystal Clear Screen Protectors [Released 2014] 6 in Pack - Includes Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by Case Specialist

2.0 out of 5 stars Good thickness but too big, 16 Sep 2014
The thickness of the screen protectors are good, but mine seemed to be ever so slightly too big (unless fitted to within less than a mm) and so there was always an area peeling away from the edge of the phone screen. I personally won't be buying them again.

ARTIC Cooling ARTIC F12
ARTIC Cooling ARTIC F12

4.0 out of 5 stars Moves quite a lot of air, but is loud at full speed, 21 Jun 2014
Came packaged nicely, and was really easy to install (as you'd expect) but was quite loud plugged into my 3 pin motherboard power socket (which runs the fan at full speed constantly). Due to this I had to swap it with another of my case fans which is quieter at full speed but doesn't do quite as good a job at moving air. I have this now pulling air into my case on the side panel, blowing onto my graphics card, and it's doing a good job when required. Overall, I'm pleased, especially for under £4 (I wasn't expecting much at this price point but thought I'd give it a go). I would definitely recommend this fan to anyone who won't be running it at full speed.

3 Pin Fan Splitter Cable - Female - 2 x Male
3 Pin Fan Splitter Cable - Female - 2 x Male
Offered by rhinocables

5.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 21 Jun 2014
Arrived quickly and do the job well. There's really very little to say about these apart from that. The cables are quite long which was good in my instance as they needed to reach a relatively large distance but I guess could be a negative for cable management if your fans are right next to each other (although a cable tie or two would quite happily solve that problem).

Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Dual Kit
Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Dual Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Good Looking and Work Well, 21 Jun 2014
Not much to say really. Easy to install, as all RAM really is. Came in a relatively sturdy box to keep them safe and with a small Patriot sticker. Only thing I would say though, is that the PCB board is green (or at least was for mine) as the answer to the question above states. However, it is near impossible to see the green once you have the RAM cards installed so I wasn't too concerned when I got mine. They look good too, something a bit different to the likes of Kingston, Corsair and G-Skill. Oh, and they're actually quite low profile relative to the other brands mentioned, so I, at least, could fit them next to my CPU cooler without any problems (Cooler Master Evo 212).

Icy Dock MB882SP-1S-2B 2.5 inch to 3.5 inch SATA HDD/SSD Converter - Black
Icy Dock MB882SP-1S-2B 2.5 inch to 3.5 inch SATA HDD/SSD Converter - Black
Offered by Capital Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Simple, 29 May 2014
Easy to install and works well. The only problem I had with it was that my motherboard wouldn't recognise the new SSD I installed in it until an OS was installed on it and it was set to load first for some reason. I quickly discovered that though, and it now works flawlessly as a more elegant solution to others on the market.

2x SATA cable black 19,68 inch (50cm) | 1x even-even | 1x even-angled | compatible up to S-ATA/600 | Serial ATA | 1,5GBs/3GBs/6GBs (backward compatible) | S-ATA Cable
Offered by UNLIMITED COMPUTERS

5.0 out of 5 stars As Described, 29 May 2014
Two SATA 3 cables of good quality which do the job needed. Not had any problems with either of them since installing. The right angled cable is a nice alternative too.

Topideal 15-Inch Rubberized Frosted Hardshell Case Cover for MacBook Pro 15.4" with Retina Display(A1398)-(NEWEST VERSION) Topideal 15-Inch-Black
Offered by topideal

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but the feet aren't great, 29 May 2014
The case fits well and looks really good on my MacBook Pro but the foam feet on the bottom of the case aren't lined up properly with the formed plastic as intended. This doesn't really affect the look of the case too much, but it is noticeable, hence the 1 star reduction. Otherwise very pleased!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Performance, 29 May 2014
I bought one the 250gb versions of the Samsung 840 Evo at the beginning of December and have been running it ever since as my primary hard drive in my desktop.

When I first got installed it I completed a fresh install of Windows 7, more for peace of mind than anything else, and it's run perfectly. According to Samsung Magician (the software the hard drive comes with) I'm currently getting over 1GB read and write speeds (1138MB/s read and 1105MB/s write) and above predicted random read/write (IOPS) speeds too (133750 read, 89539 write). [All values are from the Samsung Magician Software]

My computer now boots from cold in seconds and programs perform remarkably quickly as expected too.

All in all I couldn't recommend this hard drive enough. I'm actually quite tempted to buy one as an external back up and use a USB 3-SATA 3 connector to plug it into my computer.

Obviously the lifetime of these hard drives is yet to be properly identified, but theoretically they should last a good length of time now that the manufacturers have worked out why the early SSDs died so quickly. Laptops benefit from the on the reliability side too, as they have no moving parts so when moved are less likely to be damaged (something I took into great consideration when recently upgrading my laptop).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2014 1:10 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Slow Delivery, 6 Sep 2013
As the title says, the product's really good but it took ages to come. Ordered it a month before my sisters birthday and it only just arrived in time.

VividShield LG Google Nexus 4 Invisible HD Clear Screen Protector - 3 Pack Screen Guard / Shield (Displayschutzfolie, Protecteurs D'écran, Pellicola Protettiva)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Sep 2013
Incredibly easy to put on and protect the screen well! They feel a bit sticky still when you out them on (on the front of the protector) which makes it slightly frustrating to use but this soon disappears.

Page: 1 | 2