Profile for G. Bailey > Reviews

G. Bailey (the other LA)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars "Second" quality, 18 Jan 2014
I waited a year because I expect durability - the stitching is coming apart - the material itself is good quality, however as it's falling apart already - it won't last much longer.

Sellers like this SHOULD make it known that they are selling sub-standard goods, and that is why they are cheap!

Fool me once...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2014 10:02 PM BST

Samsung HD105SI 1TB 32MB SATA (F3EG) 3.5 inch Hard Disk Drive
Samsung HD105SI 1TB 32MB SATA (F3EG) 3.5 inch Hard Disk Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish PLEASE do not buy!, 18 Jan 2014
I bought this drive as a back up drive for Time Machine, it has had LIGHT domestic use, installed in my MacPro - not even half full - it failed fatally - I have lost ALL my past history. I shall be thankful it wasn't my main drive, altho in some ways that would be better because I could have restored from back up.

No more Samsung drives for me this is 3 years old - all my WD and Seagate drives still work, some after 8+ years.

Shallow Grave [DVD] (1994)
Shallow Grave [DVD] (1994)
Dvd ~ Kerry Fox
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.50

1.0 out of 5 stars One big fawn, 16 Nov 2012
This review is from: Shallow Grave [DVD] (1994) (DVD)
Couldn't decide between fart and yawn so stuck the words together in a farty sort of way, which describes this farty sort of rubbish pretty well.

No wonder it ended up in a charity shop, which if I can be bothered (and wish to subject someone else to this CR one P to) is where it shall be returned.

If I still have it - pay postage - it's yours FREE!!

Sunoptic OR10A Gunmetal Reading Glasses - Strength +1.50 Incl. Case
Sunoptic OR10A Gunmetal Reading Glasses - Strength +1.50 Incl. Case
Price: 4.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!, 10 Oct 2012
Like some one else - why didn't I think of looking on Amazon before?

I am glad I did, just arrived they are perfect for me - I loose and break many a pair of reading glasses, the last pair from Superdrug cost 18 and lasted about 2 months (then they broke - not abused)

These are so good I just ordered again even tho the price has gone up almost 1 (still under a fiver)

light weight and reasonably well made and skinny (perfect for those like me who wear them down the nose, so as you can peak over the top for a "normal" view!

As I said PERFECT!

Kenwood Mincer and Food Grinder Attachment AT950 - for Kenwood Chef and Major
Kenwood Mincer and Food Grinder Attachment AT950 - for Kenwood Chef and Major
Price: 49.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - but only just, 9 Sep 2012
I wanted to make my own sausages, so I did some research and decided to buy a used Kenwood Chef and add this attachment for that purpose.

I decided so, for two reasons, the primary reason being that the Kenwood Chef was made in England NOT China, the second that the Chef would be multipurpose.

It would seem all dedicated sausage mincer/stuffers available for domestic use are made in China, in fact they all look very similar so are likely the same manufacturer but with different badges.

Sadly this attachment is also made in China, and the quality (or lack thereof) shows straight away. Performance is equally "lack lustre", it works - but that's about it, the blade grinds against the plate - "finger tight" is the suggestion - how tight is "finger tight"? Certainly NOT a precision made piece of equipment.
Don't try using anything but the course plate - it just jams up and produces meat pulp.

You certainly won't stop buying "proper" sausages from your local Butcher, that's for sure.

In a word - disappointing (very)

LEGO Super Heroes 6863: Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
LEGO Super Heroes 6863: Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
Offered by Colorful Life Ltd
Price: 45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant LeGo - more please!!, 6 Mar 2012
This new Batman series is fantastic overall - no "cons" whatsoever.

This set :-
My 6 year old Son thinks this is "the best set ever" and he has been building and re-building over and over - for more than a month now.

He has been playing with it daily and IT IS NOT fragile - no more than any other lego set!

Now they don't fly - so expect them to come apart if they are used that way!!

The wings on the plane, if played with roughly will come off - this is good - it doesn't break anything permanently!

Helicopter same thing.

All good here - 5 stars!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2013 7:02 PM BST

Lego City 7553: Advent Calendar
Lego City 7553: Advent Calendar
Offered by Tradisto Ltd
Price: 44.99

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY VERY disappointing!, 13 Dec 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I never would have thought the day would come when I had something less than steller to say about Lego!

This has been nothing but day after day of disappointment, basically seems to be nothing more than cops and a gaol!

What has that got remotely to do with Christmas (or the season come to that)?

My Daughter's face tells the story...

- My Son has Star Wars and loves it, my other Daughter last years "City" and loves it.
They withdraw each packet Gleefully, to find all kinds of "cool" stuff

This one, my Daughter opens each window in resignation, the joyful reaction of her Siblings makes matters worse.

I'll try and post a video for you to witness the face.

WHAT A SHAME, Lego you have certainly NOT made this little Girls Christmas "special"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2012 12:24 AM GMT

The Men Who Stare At Goats
The Men Who Stare At Goats
by Jon Ronson
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars "Frightening and Hilarious" ?????, 12 Sep 2011
Two words "Stupid" and "unfunny" and whoops...
Three words Stupid, unfunny and BORING, boring, what a waste of money, what a waste of time... (<YAWN>)

Why does The Times find it "simultaneously frightening and hilarious"?
Ah ha - I get it YOU can buy good reviews from "The Press" ha ha never would've guessed...
Why did this person waste time writing this?
Why does it have a Getty images pic of a (really serious looking) combat dude, on the back cover?

Why did I waste my time :-
A. ) Reading the first chapter or two? - I can't remember how much... IT'S THAT DULL (<YAWN> again)
B. ) Writing this review?

B... is easy - saving YOU the time (and the money).

Go get a coffee and stare at some goats instead - at least you may learn something about "Goats"...

An author to avoid, a book in the bin - sorry about the waste of trees

Lego Minifigures  Series 2
Lego Minifigures Series 2
Offered by Mytoyfactory
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Folks its obviously for one figure !, 31 Mar 2011
This review is from: Lego Minifigures Series 2 (Toy)
In defense of the seller - if you read the description, it's made very clear, also that it is for one figure out of 14 - (2 are not for sale, also noted)

How could anyone sell a complete set for the price of one figure?!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2011 12:43 PM BST

GreyMobiles MIRROR SCREEN PROTECTOR For Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 16GB & 32GB
GreyMobiles MIRROR SCREEN PROTECTOR For Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 16GB & 32GB

1.0 out of 5 stars Any good points?, 7 Sep 2010
Well they finally refunded my money!
After a month, and then questioning when (I assume if) I returned it - which I did.

So any good points with the actual product? NO!

1. Looks stupid and cheap on iPhone 4
2. Can't see the screen AT ALL in daylight - even heavily overcast.
3. Well you can make out (just about) enough to make a phone call at night in a dark room, but dont try and use the camera it'll make you ..... pull it off, and miss the moment!

3 buys a beer or a ham sandwich - SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Page: 1 | 2