Profile for ursham78 > Reviews

Content by ursham78

ursham78 (South Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Roald Dahl 15 Book Box Set (Slipcase) Includes Matilda, Witches, The Twits, Fantastic Mr Fox, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Georges Marvellous Medicine, The BFG, Danny the Champion of the World....
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely captured my 4 yr olds Imagination! !, 20 July 2014
Fantastic box set. I'm currently reading The BFG to my 4 yr old son who is a typical boisterous little boy who laughs at rude things. He also is only in nursery and is reading 3-4 letter words but gets very bored with the reading books. I originally bought the BFG and Matilda from Tesco as a sort of reward. If he reads his school book I will read him one or two chapters of The BFG. It worked a treat. He has an insatiable appetite for knowledge (why? Where? What?) But also likes any sentence that has poo or bum etc in it. The BFG privides new 'clean' words that refer to rude things but won't embarass you when you are out if he uses them eg. whizzpoppers are trumps. I've bought this full box set for his birthday as I was utterly amazed at how much leverage I have with the 1 book I bought from Tesco (£3.65 each in Tesco!!). I read them all as a child and I'm sure they will continue to capture my very full on sons imagination. I chose these particular ones as I prefer paperback and all of these were paperbacks in a lovely presentation box wrapped in cellophane. Obviously I haven't opened the box yet as we are still reading the 2 books I bought from Tesco but we will pass these on when he gets his box set for his birthday. I would have only got 4 books from Tesco for the same price. It took a few minutes to get my son to agree to sit and read this with me. There is no pictures as such but sketches every 4 pages or so. He loves it when we reach these pages and we have all sorts of funny conversations and questions when we get to these. The first night we read 40 pages he was that enthralled. It's now limited to one chapter a night due to the fun (and length of time) it takes to read it. If you are patient and have time and are willing to talk silly between sentences I would highly recommend these books for any child above the age of 4. (Gets them to bed earlier too!)

Soft Plain Cotton Pop Over Head Cotton Bib White
Soft Plain Cotton Pop Over Head Cotton Bib White
Offered by Glamour Girlz

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality white bibs, 20 July 2014
Exactly as described. Very good quality. Used for my sons christening so his fancy bibs and outfit didn't get destroyed by food or him being a little sick afterwards but being white they didn't detract from his outfit.

Juliana P/Album PU with S/P H/Lights Key Icon 18th Birthday
Juliana P/Album PU with S/P H/Lights Key Icon 18th Birthday
Offered by JRJ GIFTS

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend, 20 July 2014
Perfect. There is room to write little notes at the bottom and great for filling with special events throughout your child's life or filling with pics of their 18th birthday party . Great quality. Feels heavy. White faux leather and sturdy inserts for the pictures. Not like the usual flimsy albums

Wooden Pick Up Sticks
Wooden Pick Up Sticks
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what we need them for!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Wooden Pick Up Sticks (Toy)
Ok, just like some other reviews, these are very small and thin, however I read previous reviews and was expecting this. I mean, for the price, what are people seriously expecting?? They are like kebab sticks. They are in a box about the size of a box of dominoes. They are great for travelling to amuse kids or for a rainy day and you struggle for storage space. These slip into my handbag easy. They have brought a lot of fun for my 4 yr old and his friends while waiting for dinner to come in a restaurant and stopped them running around or play fighting with the cutlery. It takes concentration and a steady hand. Kids love the challenge. Would recommend if it's for any of the purposes above. If you require them for a garden party with lots of children, I suggest you buy the 2 foot long ones which obviously will cost a lot more than just under £2!! The larger ones are fantastic but funnily don't get as much use in our house as you are limited to where and when you can use them and it's more fun with more children.

Stephenie Meyer, Twilight Saga Collection 5 Books: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn (paperpack) The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (hardback)
by Stephanie Meyer

4.0 out of 5 stars twilight 5 book set, 14 Jan 2014
States 4 paperbacks and 1 hardback. Received 3 paperbacks and 2 hardbacks. 1. Was Christmas present so didn't have the luxury of time to return the books and 2. Was cheapest set I found so didn't bother complaining as the price compensated somewhat but you've requested a review so I'm being honest. Hardback was big so heavy to hold. Not comfortable reading. So I've given 4 stars for misrepresentation of item on offer for the price stated and for lack of comfort reading an item I wasn't expecting. Overall, good price and books were new so happy enough. Not a boxed set, these come as individual books but I was expecting that so this is not a problem for me but for other buyers who are looking for a presentation box this is not the one to go for. Personally I would buy again because of the price.

Rubies Batman Brave Chest Child (Medium)
Rubies Batman Brave Chest Child (Medium)
Offered by Licensed Products Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to standard, 17 Feb 2013
These outfits are so badly sized. We first of all received a large which we didn't order, and the length would have fit a 13 year old but not the width. (My son is 3) Due to reading all the other reviews I ordered an age 5-7 as most reviews said the the age 3-4 was so small. My son got this for his 3rd birthday. The age 5-7 is far too long even for my 7 year old nephew!! We then ordered the 3-4 even thought the reviews said they were small because the 5-7 would have fit a 10 year old (in height!) but even the age 3-4 there is not enough give in the arms. For example, the wrists are fairly tight fitting and don't leave a lot of room for growth, yet the legs would fit him until he's at least 5years old. The same with the velcro at the back, it is already starting to pull and strain so I doubt they will last much longer. My son is only 3 yrs 4 mths now so he hasn't had more than 4 months out of this outfit. Also, the muscles are SO BIG, that my son actually hates wearing the suit anyway because he can't play with anything else while wearing the suit. The muscles keep pushing up under his chin and he keeps saying its hurting him. We have the same problem with the Superman outfit in the same size (age 3-4). I don't recommend these outfits, especially for broad children as my son is considered slim build and the lengths and widths of these items are so way off the mark. My son does however completely love the cape and mask and would recommend if you can find these anywhere on their own, they are well worth buying. The belt is not very good at staying on either and is a hazard when it slips down in my opinion. If I have to buy again, I will be buying the batman/superman outfits with no muscles as my nephews are a much better fit.

Energizer Rechargeable Extreme AA 2300mAh Batteries - Pack of 2
Energizer Rechargeable Extreme AA 2300mAh Batteries - Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Rechargeables we've had, 17 Feb 2013
These were great for all of our sons battery operated toys that he received for Christmas and birthday. Would highly recommend. Super fast delivery. Very pleased with purchase.

Superman costume for children 3 to 4 years
Superman costume for children 3 to 4 years
Offered by Wish4 - Toys, Games & Fancy Dress

1.0 out of 5 stars Muscles are too big! Legs are too long! Made for giraffes, Not kids!, 22 Jan 2013
Like the Batman suit aged 3-4, the torso section and the bottom of the sleeves are quite narrow so not much room for upper body or arm/wrist growth, yet the legs would fit a 6 year old. My son constantly asks to put it on, only to whine 5 minutes later to take it off because the muscles are that big, you can't see his neck and he can't play freely with other toys while he has it on. He does get a lot of use out of the mask and cloak but that's about it. I bought age 3-4 as I saw the reviews for the age 5-6 were complaining that they were so big they would fit a ten year old. I was accidently sent an age 5-6 (which I had to stump postage for to post back unless I posted the receipt!! which I found out in hindsight)and the age 5-6 was enormous and again, the legs would fit a baby giraffe.

I wrongly assumed that if I got the age 3-4, that there would be plenty of growth in it to last a couple of years (like the age 5-6). There is, if your kid is a giraffe (tall and very thin). The upper body section barely velcros on my son who just turned 3 yrs old and I doubt we have much use left in it. He only received the suit in November for his birthday. He is normal build but a little smaller in height in comparison to his peers, but in saying this, the upper body part is still too tight for age 3-4 and the legs still too long (even for friends kids, whose children are slightly taller than my son). Would I recommend this muscle outfit? No. If I'm buying again, I would definitely buy without the muscles so that my son can wear his fancy dress outfit and still continue to play with other toys. The sizing on all of these products is clearly a problem and they are way overpriced for the sizing problems that consumers are coming up against, and the shoddy material that tears and pulls the minute the velcro touches touches it. EPIC FAIL!!

Let's Say Our Colours (Simple First Words)
Let's Say Our Colours (Simple First Words)
by Roger Priddy
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book., 22 Jan 2013
Bought this for my son at age 12months but to be honest, he got more use out of it from about 2-3 years because he was learning and now knows his colours. nice book, but paid a bit for it and the number book. Didn't really give it to my son until he turned 2. The colours are nice and big and clear and the voice mechanism is clear that sounds out the colours so overall, a nice book but not as much use out of it as I thought we would get. Personally, I found the nice big colourful buttons educational as the sound out the word but like any voice activated toy/book... kids have a short attention span so you never really know if they are taking anything in. I suppose it reinforces what children learn in nursery (if your child is in private nursery from a very young age)but don't expect to sit down for half and hour and teach your children colours. They pick it up in their own time through play.

Simple First Words Let's say our numbers
Simple First Words Let's say our numbers
by Roger Priddy
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book, 22 Jan 2013
Bought this for my son at age 12months but to be honest, he got more use out of it from about 2-3 years because he was learning and now knows his numbers. He can point at items in the book and count the number of shoes etc correctly, and just enjoys pressing the correct button as opposed to bashing away on it and dribbling into the mechanics. nice book, but paid a bit for it and the colour book. Didn't really give it to my son until he turned 2. The numbers are nice and big and clear and the voice mechanism is clear that sounds out the colours/numbers so overall, a nice book but not as much use out of it as I thought we would get.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4