Profile for S. Bishop > Reviews

The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth
The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth
by Kaz Cooke

5.0 out of 5 stars Tells it as it is!, 8 Oct 2010
This is the best pregnancy book I have read. In early pregnancy I was feeling really rough, but I picked this book up and it straight away had me laughing. It's got a great laid-back approach to everything pregnancy, but still ensuring that the important stuff is there too. It's a must-have for any mum-to-be as you see the funny side of all the changes going on. It also makes you feel that it's ok to be grumpy and not at your best for the full 9 months. A great honest book, of what pregnancy is really like!

Shark in the Dark
Shark in the Dark
by Nick Sharratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sequel, 8 Oct 2010
This review is from: Shark in the Dark (Paperback)
My son adores the shark in the park book and now adores this book too. As it glows in the dark, we read it under a blanket!! It keeps him entertained and interested the whole way through and he is beginning to know all the words. There is a surprise on every page. A must-have toddler book.

Shark In The Park
Shark In The Park
by Nick Sharratt
Edition: Board book
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toddler book, 8 Oct 2010
This review is from: Shark In The Park (Board book)
This is without doubt the best book I have bought my 2 and a half year old son. We read it every night, he now knows all the words to it, I'm sure this will help him with his reading.
The story is so engaging for the children and they love being able to join in, and the surprises after every page really keep my son involved.
A must have book for any toddler!

Tomy Aquadoodle Classic Drawing Toy
Tomy Aquadoodle Classic Drawing Toy
Price: 15.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A++++, 27 Feb 2010
A fantastic idea, my son can do as much drawing as he likes, without any mess. Brilliant, all it requires is water and then watch the magic happen! It also has the alphabet round the edge and pictures beginning with the letters underneath them. Great for getting your child to start writing as they can draw over the letters and then try them for themselves! It also packs up small so is perfect for taking on journeys.

Peppa Pig: New Shoes and Other Stories [Volume 3] [DVD]
Peppa Pig: New Shoes and Other Stories [Volume 3] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Phil Davies
Offered by Helen's Goodies
Price: 6.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Peptastic!!!!!, 27 Feb 2010
A fantastic DVD, I bought this for my 2 year old son and it hasn't been out of the DVD player since. The cartoon length is just right for the attention span of a toddler! My son's favourite character is George with his Dine-Saur!!!! Fantastic value for money and perfect on car or plane journeys. I have already ordered another DVD, due to this ones popularity!!

Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders (Nintendo DS)
Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders (Nintendo DS)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit boring, 27 Feb 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I'm a big fan of these sort of games on the DS, but this one has far too much dialogue to be read and not enough puzzles. The instructions aren't much good you basically learn as you go along. Like using the arrow keys to read more of the puzzles and how to save your game. Also, everytime you start the game up again, you have to go through the opening sequence of the murder and the first letter written by the murder, there is no way of skipping over this. A lot of the puzzles require you to write your answer, the handwriting recognition on this game is awful, it got letters wrong everytime, and there is no delete button, so you had to start from scratch everytime. I would advise people to stick to reading the books or watching the adaptations on TV!

Big Brain Academy (Nintendo DS)
Big Brain Academy (Nintendo DS)
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 6.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Brain!, 30 Jan 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love this game, the mini-brain games are a lot of fun. I love seeing which areas you need to improve in. Also the medals you are given, really encourage you to try harder each time. So far, I have achieved the platinum medal in most of the games, I'm not sure if there is a higher one, but I will keep practicing to see!

Brain Challenge (Nintendo DS)
Brain Challenge (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Renaissance
Price: 26.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Brain Challenge, 30 Jan 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This game is quite fun and hopefully improves brain function! The graphics and two annoying tutors, did get on my nerves. The brain games are fun and it's nice to track your progress and see your brain size increasing.

The Potty Book for Boys (Potty Book for Her and Him)
The Potty Book for Boys (Potty Book for Her and Him)
by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Potty Training, 30 Jan 2010
This is a really nice book, has a nice story which rhymes, great for keeping my son's attention! My only dissapointment is that they call a nappy, a diaper. Not being from America, this has been a bit confusing to my son. I would have preferred to have bought a book which used nappy. However, from the pictures my son gets what is going on.

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Nintendo DS)
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Nintendo DS)
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 17.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as Curious Villiage, 21 Jan 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I thought the first Professor layton game was brilliant, this one is just as good. It has a very good story, which kept me guessing! The puzzles are very good and I like having to make tea for the different characters. It is different from all other games on the DS. I can't wait for the next one!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4