Profile for P. Sharpe > Reviews

Philips HR1867/21 Viva Collection Quick Clean Juicer - Brushed Aluminium
Offered by Executivez

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good juicer, 6 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This juicer, soon to be released (May 22nd) for purchase, is very good.

It's certainly well made, easily fitting together and looks good as well.

The cleaning process is also very simple and much easier than the old smoothie maker I had where it was very difficult to clean near the blades. As another reviewer states it is worth running water through the mesh before juicing as this make it easier to clean.

There is not much to the instructions that come with it, and it is ironic that the single recipe that you get "Orange Carrot Ginger Juice" when done to the proportions suggested overfills the supplied jug by a good 100ml, spilling the additional contents on your worktop!

It is difficult to know how this compares to other cheaper juicers although another reviewer stated that the particular model only adds a few better points to the previous model.

You could try for the previous model if price is an issue.

The Breath Co Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - 500 ml, Icy Mint
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - 500 ml, Icy Mint

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good but pricey, 6 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This mouth wash is really good.

It's unusual in that it is much less frothy / sticky that normal mouth washes. When you gargle and spit out you're not left with a sticky/bubbly feeling in your mouth.

The taste is almost like the taste of drinking water after having several Extra Strong Mints in a row.

The technique suggested is to swill your mouth for one minute and spit out, then separately gargle for another 30 seconds and spit out.

This definitely works, but the price is very expensive compared to other mouth washes, so this would put me off a little.

But if you find that other mouth washes are just not doing the trick then it is certainly worth trying this one.

Boxfresh EBFM0074BA1 Sparko, Men's Low-Top Sneakers, Black 10 UK (41 EU)
Boxfresh EBFM0074BA1 Sparko, Men's Low-Top Sneakers, Black 10 UK (41 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent pair of trainers, 6 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a good pair of trainers, so why just ok?

PRO's

1. Made from natural materials.
2. Can be worn as smart casual
3. Generally comfortable

CON's

1. The leather laces are a bit unusual, square cut, and a bit more difficult than normal laces to loosen when putting on.
2. Whilst the trainers are comfortable, I find that on the outside of each trainer, they tend to catch my ankles slightly as the side are more square cut and maybe slightly higher than normal trainers. It's only a minor discomfort and would probably be negligible when fully broken in.
3. The little bit of white leather that sticks up at the heel, to me looks like a piece of packing cardboard that has been left in.
4. As they are fully black rather than a dark shade of grey, they don't go with all clothes.

Generally good but down to personal taste after that.

Lava Brightsounds Bluetooth Speaker with Lamp for Smartphone - Teal/Grey
Lava Brightsounds Bluetooth Speaker with Lamp for Smartphone - Teal/Grey

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 22 April 2015
PRO's

* The speaker looks good.
* It is pretty cool to be able to stream your music, using your tablet or phone as a remote control
* The sound goes to a reasonable level of loudness
* Seems to work well with a variety of devices (Samsung Tab 2, S3 mini and Tesco Hudl 1)

CON's

* The sound is a bit murky (the bluetooth compression is not great)
* It sounds better plugging your phone in via the 3.5mm aux jack, but then you lose all the coolness of being able to control it from a distance
* Setting up via Windows 7 seemed more tricky, in fact whilst I have connected to the speaker, the music has never managed to play through it as of yet. (Possibly a Windows 7 glitch rather than the speaker)

CONCLUSION

Great for those who love the tech, rather than audiophiles. Bluetooth audio will always be a bit limited, but I'm sure that spending more would get you a better quality audio, but this would still be limited by the nature of Bluetooth audio.

Maybe a good gift for one of your kids who will love the tech nature of it, but not yet too bothered with sound quality.

Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator
Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator
Offered by All Mall Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 22 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great idea, and it seems it works for some.

I personally found that it made my nose itch and tickle and it made me sneeze when wearing it. I know the package says about allowing a few weeks to get used to it but I thought that was more about a comfort issue rather than tickling which I do not feel would go away.

The medium size was maybe a little too small as it did not hold too firmly in my nose and it easily fell out of my nose during the night, rendering it ineffective.

The dilator itself was made of a soft silicon and came with a nice plastic carry case.

Not for me though.

Whittard of Chelsea Luxury White Hot Chocolate
Whittard of Chelsea Luxury White Hot Chocolate

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Hot Chocolate., 20 April 2015
Very nice good quality white hot chocolate, to be made up using hot milk, not water.

This is a very fine powder which dissolves very well without leaving a big lumpy mess in the bottom of your cup.

The taste is very good too and goes exceptionally well with a shot of coconut flavour syrup for a luxuriant treat!

Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Hard Skin Remover Refills - Pack of 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value replacements., 20 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have the Velvet Smooth Electronic foot file, which works very well and uses these Extra Course Roller Heads.

They roll away course skin very easily and are much easier to use than a standard file.

I have used the current roller three times on hard skin on my feet and it is still in good order and will no doubt last several more goes.

The full cost of the foot file including one roller is £39.99, these replacements for a pack of two are around £12.00 which I think is a fair price.

Scholl Velvet Smooth with Diamond Crystals Extra Coarse Power Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth with Diamond Crystals Extra Coarse Power Hard Skin Remover

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth feet at last!, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ok so the colour is a bit on the girly side, but my wife has complained about the state of my feet ever since we got married, so I thought I would try this out!

This is a well made little machine and runs on 4 AA Batteries, supplied. The pink part fits well in the hand. The extra course roller spins round when on and eats away that hard skin. I spent around 10 mins going over the hard skin on my heels and near my toes and I have to say it worked really well. It grinds them off with no pain and much less effort than having to use a manual file. It seemed easier to work on the heels than other hard bits of skin on the sole of your foot.

I then used Scholl Velvet Mask cream after washing to finish.

As result my feet feel a lot smoother and my wife is happy!

The roller head detaches and is washable in water and comes up looking new, certainly after the first go anyway. You can always buy spare roller heads if more than one of you wanted to use it.

Worth it for an easier way to get your feet smooth.

***EDIT 23.04.15***

It seems that you will have to use this every couple of weeks to keep your feet smooth. I have used it around 3 times now (probably 10 mins a time) and the roller seems to still be in good shape and I have not had to change the batteries.

***EDIT 03.06.15***

Have used it again and batteries and roller are still working fine. Definitely need to use it every 7-10 days to keep feet smooth.

Oral-B Vitality Plus White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral-B Vitality Plus White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Offered by Innox Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Great electric toothbrush, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to confess that I have always thought the electric toothbrushes were an unnecessary silly fad. I've only ever had one filling, and my teeth are good and I have always felt a normal toothbrush and regular brushing was enough.

Recently my dentist has encouraged me to floss more to get in between the teeth, so I've been trying that to avoid further dental works.

I was then given the opportunity to trial this toothbrush and I do have to say that I have been impressed. It seems well made and comfortable to hold. I can't compare it especially against other electric toothbrushes but compared to normal brushing I can.

I have to say that my teeth do feel more clean and smooth after brushing. The brush is noticeably better at getting in between the molars and covering the "fangs" well, with its rotating head. This clearly is of benefit, especially if you do have some gaps between the teeth.

This particular one comes with a small yellow plastic disc in between the bristles for polishing. I've only used this for a week or two so can't say that I have massively noticed the difference, but my wife thinks that they have worked well on her teeth. You do have to be careful not to push to hard as this can catch your gums slightly and cause discomfort.

The toothbrush comes with two heads, which is useful so you can interchange and more than one can use it, otherwise you have a spare brush head.

The charging can take several hours, although you can leave it on the base in between brushing to keep the charge topped up.

You can change the toothbrush head and use the several different choices from Oral B to suit.

Well worth a try if you have never used an electric toothbrush. If you have then I guess you'd need to compare specs and reviews to see how it compares with other ones available.

Original Album Series (5 Pack)
Original Album Series (5 Pack)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellently Priced Soul Collection, 9 Mar. 2015
Excellent price for this collection!

60's soul produced lots of excellent singles but not so many great memorable albums. The last three in this collection, Otis Blue, The Soul Album and Dictionary of Soul are great albums. Otis really hit his stride here and the non single cuts vastly improved.

The first two albums have excellent singles including Mr Pitiful and Pain in My Heart but a lot if not most of the non single album tracks are just basic non memorable soul by numbers.

For the price though it's worth having the whole collection, as separately you'd only maybe get two of them for this price.

Everything fits compactly inside a box approximately the same size as a normal CD Album. Each album is inside a cardboard cover reminiscent of a vinyl album sleeve.

For another classic 60's soul option try "I've Never Loved a Man...." by Aretha Franklin, definitely as good as "Otis Blue"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20