Profile for Mr. Kevin J. Day > Reviews

Content by Mr. Kevin J. Day

Mr. Kevin J. Day "Faceripper" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Melana Chasmata
Melana Chasmata

5.0 out of 5 stars Eparistera Daimones Part II., 15 April 2014
This review is from: Melana Chasmata (Audio CD)
Received this yesterday and just played it all the way through. You can tell in Tom Fischer's head it's a dark and despondent place, which I can relate to easily.
I love bands that write about subjects that are drenched with misery, pain and death. Triptykon bring these emotions alive so well.

Another masterpiece from the Triptykon bunker. Could easily be album of the year.

Lightning Bolt
Lightning Bolt

4.0 out of 5 stars The Pearl's are Jamming., 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Lightning Bolt (Audio CD)
A good effort from PJ here. Not sure why some have said this album is poor after like first 6 songs.. I actually prefer the back end of the album. Let The Records Play is wicked, Sleeping By Myself is groovy and Yellow Moon and Future Days are quintessential PJ ballads. Eddie sounds brilliant on this one. But just my opinion, liked Pearl Jam for years and I'm far from disappointed.

Iii The Rommel Chronicles
Iii The Rommel Chronicles

4.0 out of 5 stars Dutch death metal warheads arrive again., 28 Oct. 2013
Bought today, listened once through. First impressions are good. Didn't blow me away as much as their first 2 releases, but yeah, as said, only listened to it once. On the 2nd, 3rd listen I will be more familiar with the songs and no doubt regret the 4 stars instead of 5. Heavy as ever, to be expected. Martin van Drunen doesn't do subtle. I'd recommend it, cos come on, it's Hail of Bullets, these guys rule.

Classic Rock Presents Motörhead Aftershock
Classic Rock Presents Motörhead Aftershock

5.0 out of 5 stars Best since Inferno., 26 Oct. 2013
Very impressed by this release. I don't quite know how Lemmy can carry on rocking and writing tunes like this at his age and with his health issues. But, I think Aftershock is Motörhead's best release since Inferno, which is my last favourite album by the mighty trio in 2004. The more I listen the more I really like this one. Killer album. No filler. 100% effort from these living legends.

The Dream Calls For Blood (Bonus One DVD)
The Dream Calls For Blood (Bonus One DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 15 Oct. 2013
Death Angel, a good name to bring up in the metal scene. Well, for me anyway. They're certainly on form here. in particular, Mark Osegueda. Great vocals from this unique singer. He sounds really pissed off and genuinely attacking the mic with all he's got on some tunes. Impressive.

Epitome Of Torture
Epitome Of Torture
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Epitome of Torture, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Epitome Of Torture (Audio CD)
Just bought this album. On first listen, I like it. A good typical aggressive onslaught as usual from the Sodom army. It sounds death metal at times, which I like. Adds to the lethal injection that is Sodom. It kinda bugs me how Tom is shouting Epitomeeeee in the wrong pronunciation haha. I'd recommend getting the ltd. edition for the bonus track Waterboarding, kicksass. All in all, excellent album for a band that's been going 3 decades. Mint stuff. German legends.

The Tsunami Countdown
The Tsunami Countdown
by Boyd Morrison

4.0 out of 5 stars Fiction but so could be true, 22 July 2013
This review is from: The Tsunami Countdown (Paperback)
This book is a fast-paced chaotic rollercoaster that could easily be non-fiction one day, which is what makes it scary. Tsunamis are not exactly unheard of, but a mega-tsunami is pretty damn rare, but you will experience the intense possibilities that might have you questioning a seaside trip. Our oceans are sometimes tranquil to watch and to sit on the beach whilst the waves slowly approach then recede is relaxing. Here tells an inexorable relentless onslaught our world can offer due to a ceaseless threat that awaits us maybe. If you're apprehensive about water in any way, this won't help your cause.

The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here

4.0 out of 5 stars hm..., 30 May 2013
I haven't heard this album yet, I do like AIC, have done for years. I'm just commenting on the clown that says Bieber is better. You've gotta be high on crack to compare the talent and originality of Jerry Cantrell to little dweebs like Justin wears Bibs. That pubescent piece of excrement needs to be sent to the firing squad, along with every other fan of his over the age of 12.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2013 8:46 PM BST

Of Frost And War (Ltd. 1St Edition)
Of Frost And War (Ltd. 1St Edition)
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 17 April 2013
This album is just simply... wow. It's heavier than a tank. The drumming and guitaring that kicks in on Ordered Eastward immediately gives you a picture of the ferocious onslaught to come. I bought this cos I'm fond of Martin van Drunen. His work with Asphyx kicksass. The war concept to this album works brilliantly. I like reading about war etc. So war and metal... can't go wrong here. Just buy it, seriously.

Psalms For The Dead
Psalms For The Dead
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Shame this might be the end, but what a finale!, 5 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Psalms For The Dead (Audio CD)
I've liked every Candlemass release since Rob joined. I admit, I only really started checking them out because of that very reason due to my enjoyment of Solitude Aeturnus albums. This one, like Grey Islands and Death Magic Doom, did not disappoint. The title track in particular has to be a moment of genius. Black As Time lyrics are just pure doom. Makes you think about your life coming to its inevitable demise. Anyhow, I've rambled on quite enough. If you enjoy heavy doom with clean vox (in my opinion, one of the best vocalists in metal) then what ya waiting for? Buy it! This or Kreator's 'Phantom Antichrist' album of 2012 IMO.

Enjoy. I know I certainly have.

Page: 1 | 2