Profile for J. Marks > Reviews

Content by J. Marks

J. Marks (Winchester UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
3 Section Trade Ladder 12 Rung- (ELT335)
3 Section Trade Ladder 12 Rung- (ELT335)
Offered by Abbey Access Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 27 Jan. 2015
Nothing fancy, but does the job, and for a very good price. The only reason I can think of to spend more would be to get a slightly lighter ladder. This is on the heavy side, and not especially easy to manoeuvre if using all three sections.

Acctim Towcester 14622 Pembridge Double Bell Alarm Clock, Cream
Acctim Towcester 14622 Pembridge Double Bell Alarm Clock, Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, quite a loud tick, 27 Jan. 2015
Nice-looking, but rather a loud tick for an electric clock, if that would bother you in a bedroom.

Samsung S22C300HS 21.5 inch LED Monitor (250cd/m2, 1920x1080, 5ms, HDMI, VGA)
Samsung S22C300HS 21.5 inch LED Monitor (250cd/m2, 1920x1080, 5ms, HDMI, VGA)
Offered by eurosale-net

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine for everyday computing, 27 Jan. 2015
I have it plugged into my laptop as an extension. Colour balance is a bit different to my laptop, but of course there's no way of knowing which is 'correct', if either are. I've seen better monitors, with richer colours and better contrast, but this is an inexpensive model and for everyday computing it's fine.

Vax U91-MA-P Air Pet Multicyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U91-MA-P Air Pet Multicyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not a Dyson, 27 Jan. 2015
Perhaps I've been spoiled by having a Dyson, but I found this a bit disappointing in terms of suction and capacity. I gave it to my elderly mother, who particularly wanted something very lightweight, and she's very happy with it. So three stars from me and five from her equals an average of four.

Konig Satfinder Satellite Installation Tool
Konig Satfinder Satellite Installation Tool

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well (with a bit of trial and error), 27 Jan. 2015
Reasonably easy to use, with a bit of trial and error, and did the job. Mine came with instructions in German only, but I found and downloaded the English version from the internet. That's the only reason I've given four rather than five stars.

Salter 507Orsscr Gourmet Fridge Thermometer With Silicone Grips
Salter 507Orsscr Gourmet Fridge Thermometer With Silicone Grips

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 27 Jan. 2015
Does the job well, and extremely useful. I find, based on the readings from this thermometer, that I need to adjust my fridge setting according to the season.

50m RG6 Satellite Downlead WHITE____50m RG6 Satellite SKY Digital TV Aerial Cable in White
Offered by Teckstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 27 Jan. 2015
Much better quality than the rather thin cable which came with my satellite dish, and 50m really is a lot. Connectors vary in size slightly. For this you'll need ones which can take a thicker cable (which is most of them, but if you happen to have some especially narrow ones, they may not do - that's what I found.)

BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 600
BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 600

3.0 out of 5 stars Range is OK but not fantastic, 27 Jan. 2015
It failed after a few months, but Amazon sent a replacement without quibble. When it's turned on, some wi-fi devices don't connect to the internet. They're older ones, and I suspect they get confused by having the two signals to choose from. But of course wouldn't be the fault of this extender. Range is quite good but not fantastic. If I put it on the window sill, I can connect to wi-fi about up to about 30 metres away in the garden.

Gigabyte GM-M6800 Dual Lens Gaming Mouse
Gigabyte GM-M6800 Dual Lens Gaming Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse I've had, 26 Jan. 2015
I work on my computer all day every day. This is a really comfortable, reliable mouse. I wore out one with hundreds of hours use (still works, but the rubber grips are worn) and bought another without hesitation.

Humax WLAN WiFI 11n 150Mbps USB Dongle
Humax WLAN WiFI 11n 150Mbps USB Dongle

3.0 out of 5 stars Range is not great, 26 Jan. 2015
I have one working with a Humax satellite decoder near the wi-fi router, and that works perfectly. I have a similar set-up on the floor below, and while other wi-fi devices work there, this doesn't. I have to use a wi-fi extender if I want to use it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10