Profile for Zongle > Reviews

Content by Zongle

Zongle (London)

Page: 1 | 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Argh, slightly addicted....., 17 Aug. 2013
I'm the kind of person who's always buying scarves, be they woolly ones for winter, or cotton or silk ones for summer. That being said, I think I'm now slightly addicted to Kami pashminas, as these are the scarves that I now find myself wearing most of the time.

They're extremely light and take up hardly any space in a bag, but are also very warm when wrapped tighly, but if you want less warmth and drape them lightly they're not too hot in warmer weather. This makes them super handy in the very changeable British summer, when you never know if it will get chilly later.

The quality is very high; very fine and light fabric with good quality colours that don't look 'cheap'. When I returned one because I didn't like the colour enough, the service was impecable.
That being said, the colour you receive is sometimes a bit hit and miss compared to what's in the photo, but they're happy to refund a return for this, so it's not a real problem....

Empire 294838 Little Miss Sunshine Poster 68.5 cm x 101.5 cm
Empire 294838 Little Miss Sunshine Poster 68.5 cm x 101.5 cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Size NOT as advertised, 19 July 2012
The size of this poster is NOT as advertised (70x100cm).
It's actually 68x102cm.
I'm very annoyed, as I spent £45 on a frame for it, assuming that the description would be correct.
Obviously it's now sitting in its frame, with a gap at one side, and all crumpled at the bottom.
Other than that, the poster's great....

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 1 July 2012
Very pretty, good quality pashmina.
Arrived next day nicely wrapped.
I bought the turquoise which is a bit darker then shown; it would have been nice to have more photos in different light etc.
For that reason (the photos), I've deducted one star. But the shawl itself is very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, good quality stole :), 21 Jun. 2012
The quality and feel of the fabric of this stole is superb; it's a very soft, fine fabric :)
I bought the teal, which is lighter than shown, but I actually prefer it.
A very versatile garment; warm enough to use as a neck scarf in cold weather and as a light throw in the evening in the summer. :)
Arrived super fast and nicely wrapped :)

Kuchenbuffets - neue Blechkuchenrezepte
Kuchenbuffets - neue Blechkuchenrezepte
by Carola Reich

5.0 out of 5 stars Fruity! :), 19 Mar. 2011
I have this book and it's superb! :)
The emphasis is very much on seasonal fruit and the recipes are shown by season. The recipes are classic German Blechkuchen; vast amounts of double cream, real butter, good chocolate, marzipan, alcohol, fruit etc. I studied at uni in Germany and wanted a taste of the delicious cakes you can buy in traditional German Konditorei (cakeshops), hence buying this book.
I made the Erdbeer-Vanillecreme cake yesterday for the Comic Relief cake sale at work and it went down a storm! :)
A couple of useful tips:
The book is entirely in German
You need a deep baking tray that is 30 x 40cm which isn't that easy to find in the UK.
One packet of Dr Oetker Pudding Pulver = 43g Birds custard powder.
A lot of the recipes call for blackcurrent juice which I couldn't find, so I substituted Ribena instead (and left out the sugar stipulated in the recipe), which turned out well.

Ursula's Italian Cakes and Desserts
Ursula's Italian Cakes and Desserts
by Ursula Ferrigno

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum yum :), 24 Sept. 2009
Lots of delicious, authentic recipes, including; panforte, coffee & cinnamon ice cream, zabaglione, panettone, chocolate mousse with brandy soaked biscuits etc.
Most of the recipes are simple to make and use a basic, standard set of ingredients.
There are lots of good recipes for fresh seasonal fruit too.

BaByliss 5710BU BEliss 1750W Unique Straightening Hair Dryer
BaByliss 5710BU BEliss 1750W Unique Straightening Hair Dryer

1.0 out of 5 stars Get the newer version instead............., 18 Sept. 2009
I bought this dryer a few years ago and found it completely useless (not powerful enough, difficult to use etc).
However, I recently bought the new 2000W version (which also has an additional row of straighteners) and found it really excellent! :)
My advice; get the 2000W version and give this one a miss.

BaByliss 5720U BEliss 2x Hair Straightening Dryer
BaByliss 5720U BEliss 2x Hair Straightening Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it! :), 17 Sept. 2009
WOW! I used this for the first time last night, and I love it! :)

I have really really thick hair that has a wave / curl and is inclined to frizz.
A few years ago I bought the first babyliss straightening hairdrier with the lower wattage, and found it useless. When I saw they'd brought out this higher power one I was inclined to give it ago as I'm always on the look out for something to make my hair easier to deal with.
I found it really easy to use (just make sure that the comb part goes through the hair first and thoroughly and everything just works well automatically after that). It made my hair really straight and dry really quickly. In fact the best thing about it is how fast it gets my hair dry; it cuts my normal time in half.

I found it really hassle free; no sectioning, not trying to use a round brush whilst simultaneously drying, no time consuming use of hairdryer and straightners.
The next day my hair is still straight and I'm happy :)

PS. The only problem with this product is that the cord is REALLY SHORT. Other than that it works like a dream :)

If it's Love You Want, Why Settle for (Just) Sex?
If it's Love You Want, Why Settle for (Just) Sex?
by Laurie Langford

5.0 out of 5 stars If it's love you want, 18 Jun. 2009
Although ostensibly about delaying sex in a romantic relationship, this book is actually about how to develop a relationship which is based on emotions (love) instead of sex.
This is a crucial difference which many relationship books don't spell out; this one makes the distinction very clear and gives supportive detailed advice on how to achieve this.
The emphasis is not on simply delaying sex until marriage, but rather on how to encourage a man to fall in love with you for your personality rather than maintain a relationship for your body.
I like the way this book is very confidence building and non-didactic; it gives options and discusses how best to approach different situations, so that the reader feels empowered to select the approach she considers best.
IMO many women have relationships with men based on sex not love simply because they've never really considered the alternatives; this book makes those clear and gives the gift of confidence to try them.
I can't recommend this book enough; even if you're not particuarly looking to delay sex, this book will change the way you view romantic relationships.

Why Men Marry Bitches: A Woman's Guide to Winning Her Man's Heart
Why Men Marry Bitches: A Woman's Guide to Winning Her Man's Heart
by Sherry Argov

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a WONDERFUL book., 11 Jun. 2009
This is a brilliant book which clearly spells out how women are often deliberately undermined and made to feel insecure by both the media and men as a tactic to manipulate them.
I have got enormous confidence from reading it, (and I'm someone who was confident before).
Chock full of consciousness raising and useful practical advice, words really can't do justice to it.
IMO, it's even better than it's predecessor; Why Men Love Bitches.
All I can really say is; THIS BOOK WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Page: 1 | 2