Profile for A. Vale > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 13 May 2013
I chose these as a replacement for some Sennheisers after reading all the positive reviews. They're also highly rated on T3 and Stuff's websites.
I'm afraid my opinion is a little different. These in-ear 'phones are too heavy, the cable is rubbish, the sound is tinny at the top end and bassy but with no definition at the bottom end. As for the middle? Almost non-existent.
Back to Sennheisers for me.

Tuff-Luv Embrace case cover for Amazon Kindle 4 / Kobo Touch - Union Jack motif
Tuff-Luv Embrace case cover for Amazon Kindle 4 / Kobo Touch - Union Jack motif
Offered by microzoom

3.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and practical, 13 May 2013
I needed a cover for my new Kindle and didn't really want to pay the bloated price Amazon demands for the official products. I also wanted something "different" so was tempted by this colourful alternative.
The case itself is of pretty good quality, the design is as good as it looks in the picture. The integrated hand strap is a great touch, enabling easy one-handed reading.
My only niggles are that the strap that holds the case closed is a little stiff, could do with a bit more stretch. And also, the whole thing is a bit on the bulky/heavy side - not ridiculously so, but it does make the whole thing not much lighter than the book it's supposed to replace.
Overall, I'd say this is a nice enough product that certainly represents better vfm than the official Amazon products.

Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lara reborn, 13 May 2013
I'm not going to try and write an in-depth review for this. There's plenty available to read already if that's what you want. All I'll say is that I've played every Tomb Raider game since the beginning, and this easily matches the best.
Graphically, it's a step up, Lara's character is brilliantly portrayed, and the story pulls you along right from the beginning to the end.
If you've ever liked any TR game, there's enough here to make it a very worthwhile addition to your collection.

SanDisk SDCZ52-032G-FFP 32 GB Cruzer Switch Flash Drive - Frustration-Free Packaging

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a flash drive, 13 May 2013
It's compact, it fits in a usb port and it remembers your stuff. Transfer speeds seem ok. One star off for SanDisk bloatware which I deleted when reformating the stick.

Inform Educate Entertain
Inform Educate Entertain

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 6 May 2013
This is a guaranteed contender for my album of the year. Although I already owned most of the tracks from various EPs, singles, downloads, etc, this was a must-buy for me. A fantastic album and a fantastic live band.

1.8 Long Metre Retractable Sync and Charge USB Data Cable for Asus Google Nexus 7
Offered by UltimateAddons-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Jan. 2013
Just as described, this product is GVFM. Some micro USB connections are a bit loose but this one is fine in my Nexus 7.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Check sizing, 21 July 2012
This is a great pair of cycling shorts - they look great and feel fantastically comfortable. The clip-in undershorts have enough padding to protect your sensitive parts without making you feel like you're wearing a nappy.

As with other reviewers, I feel the belt supplied is pretty poor quality, but it isn't really required if you get the right size. Talking of which, the sizing seems a little "tight". I normally buy a 32" waist and according to the sizing guide, that equates to a Medium size in these shorts. Hmmmm, a bit too snug for comfort I'm afraid.

However, a very speedy return/replacement from sellers Leisure Lakes and now a have a Large pair that is pretty much a perfect fit.

You could do a lot worse than these shorts.

Driving Jarvis Ham
Driving Jarvis Ham
by Jim Bob

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality read, 17 May 2012
This review is from: Driving Jarvis Ham (Hardcover)
Anyone familiar with Jim Bob's previous life with Carter USM will know that he's a fantastic lyricist. Well he's equally as good when it comes to this medium.

His previous novel Storage Stories was a joy to read, and this one is even better. Beautifully written, quirky illustrations, and a fantastically witty, dark tale.

Just buy it!

The West Highland Way
The West Highland Way
by Ronald Turnbull

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 17 May 2012
This review is from: The West Highland Way (Hardcover)
Having walked the Great Glen Way last year, the West Highland Way is next on my to-do list and this book has really got me excited. I'm a sucker for good scenic photography of the Highlands, and this book really hits the spot.

If you're looking for a walking guide, this isn't for you. But if you've read all the guides, this provides the views, as well as some really interesting detail about the history and geology of the area.

I only hope that when I do get to do the walk I get to experience the beautiful sunny days shown in the photos. Although I'm guessing it must have taken the author numerous trips to see this much blue sky in Scotland!

Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player
Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for iplayer/netflix, 25 Feb. 2012
I use PS3 and Xbox for streaming iPlayer and Netflix on my main tv, but I wanted a solution for the tv in the bedroom. After checking many reviews, I decided to give this Roku player a go and I'm more than glad I did.

The box itself is so small as to be almost unnoticable next to the tv, with just a power lead and hdmi cable coming off it (happily its performance over wifi is so good I don't need to resort to any further cables).

The set-up process was simple, although it did require registering with Roku's website so some form of internet access is required (I was able to do this on iphone). You will also need a credit card to register (info only, no payment required). In total, from opening the box to watching stuff took leass than 10 minutes.

The menu systems for Netflix and iPlayer are the same as on my PS3, so everything is neat and simple to use. The box outputs in HD, and on my 720p bedroom tv the picture is really good. No buffering issues so far either (on a 4-5gb broadband connection).

As well as Netflix and iPlayer, there are a number of other channels on offer, mostly rubbish to be honest and I can't imagine I'll use these too often. And this is the only reason why I've given the box only 4 stars. Content is key, and although the two main options are great, it really needs a bit more. I hope that 4OD makes an appearance soon, that would be enough for me.

For anyone wondering about altering DNS settings to access Netflix's US content - you can't. It has to be done on your router, and that's too much hassle for me.

Page: 1 | 2