ARRAY(0x9e8deef4)

Cosmic Ordering: How to make your dreams come true
by Jonathan Cainer
Price: 8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle book, 13 Nov 2008
I found the idea of cosmic ordering a bit freaky and I liked that Jonathan Cainer added a note of caution about it. I also liked that the book seemed to suggest asking your higher self (or guardian angel) for help. It sounded to me like it was advocating asking yourself for help and guidance, trusting yourself and thinking positively ... and to me, those only sound like good things.

Tricks Of The Mind
Tricks Of The Mind
by Derren Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Smug and very disappointing, 6 Nov 2008
This review is from: Tricks Of The Mind (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed Derren Brown's tv shows, in fact I could hardly wait to watch them. And one of the things I liked was that I thought Derren came across as being funny, kind and compassionate towards his audience. This book shattered those illusions and I haven't watched him on the television since. In this book I found that he came across as being smug, derogatory and quite offensive. I may not choose to follow a certain religion myself ... but I don't care to hear someone else deride and poke fun at another's beliefs. Apart from this, I would have really enjoyed the book ... but his arrogance and derision of others spoilt it for me.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2013 10:37 AM BST

Second Chance
Second Chance
by Jane Green
Price: 10.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive, poignant, enjoyable, 6 Nov 2008
This review is from: Second Chance (Hardcover)
I guess it all depends what you like to read, but I was attracted to this book by the title and the cover ... and from that, it was exactly how I hoped it would be. I found myself quite involved with the book and the characters and found the story to be understanding, poignant and very enjoyable.

Remind Me Again Why I Need a Man
Remind Me Again Why I Need a Man
by Claudia Carroll
Price: 6.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and funny! And a surprise ending!, 6 Nov 2008
I loved this book, it made me laugh out loud. It found it to be funny and insightful and I loved all the characters. I did get slightly bored a couple of chapters from the end, because things started to get a bit repetitive there. But, the ending more than made up for that! I'd love to write a bit more about it, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Facelift at Your Fingertips: Watch Your Face Grow Younger in 10 Minutes a Day
Facelift at Your Fingertips: Watch Your Face Grow Younger in 10 Minutes a Day
by Pierre-Jean Cousin

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed using this book, 6 Nov 2008
I really enjoyed using this book. I enjoyed learning about the different pressure points on the face and which oils and essential oils to use. I loved mixing them up and the smell of them too. And after using this book for a short time, the creases between my eyebrows disappeared. The only problem for me was it was too much commitment to follow through on a daily basis, as suggested. As a massage every now and then for a treat though, it's great!

The New Facercise: Give Yourself a Natural Facelift
The New Facercise: Give Yourself a Natural Facelift
by Carole Maggio

2.0 out of 5 stars Too time consuming for me!, 6 Nov 2008
This book may or may not work ... I don't really care to find out in the long term, it was way too time consuming for me. I just couldn't be bothered to spend 20 minutes every day exercising my face. I'd rather spend the time in bed. I would be much more attracted to the Eva Fraser 10 minutes 3 times a week idea! I didn't really like the idea of the repetitive exercises either. I think I gave this book away to a charity shop.

My Booky Wook
My Booky Wook
by Russell Brand

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny book!, 6 Nov 2008
This review is from: My Booky Wook (Paperback)
I only bought this book because I heard Russell Brand talking about it on the radio. It had some quite profound moments in it, but mostly it was just very funny and it made me laugh out loud!

Out of the Blue
Out of the Blue
by Belinda Jones
Price: 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars This was good ..., 6 Nov 2008
This review is from: Out of the Blue (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book and I'm glad I read it. I loved the setting (Greece) and all the quotes at the beginning of the chapters. I'm quite bad at reading the end of books and it has to be something pretty special to stop me from doing that ... and this book nearly was. But, by the last couple of chapters I was getting a bit bored and I had to look! The book started out really well for me and to start with I was rivetted ... but I felt that it was weaker at the end and I was the tiniest bit disappointed.

The Handbag Beauty Bible
The Handbag Beauty Bible
by Sarah Stacey

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 6 Nov 2008
I love this book! It's saved me a stack of money and introduced me to some great products, which I wouldn't have tried otherwise. Also, it's given me some handy present ideas!

Overcoming Depression : a Self-help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques
Overcoming Depression : a Self-help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques
by Paul Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 6 Nov 2008
I have read a number of books in the overcoming series and they were all helpful. This book addresses depression in a kind, understanding and compassionate way. It looks at things that I never understood about depression, such as issues around perfectionism and anger. I was recommended to the overcoming books by a friend ... I could honestly say they have been a lifesaver in difficult times and I wouldn't hesitate in passing on that recommendation.

Page: 1 | 2