Profile for Kevin Long > Reviews

Content by Kevin Long

Kevin Long "kevin_cambs_uk" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Cramer Fugi Kit 3
Cramer Fugi Kit 3

4.0 out of 5 stars This product is dangerous!!!!, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Cramer Fugi Kit 3 (DIY & Tools)
When I saw how people used this on YouTube I was sceptical, but decided to give it a try.

WOW. Its like the fog of applying sealant has finally been lifted.

However the dangerous part of it is that once you have used it, and seen just how easy great results are you start seeing all of your old attempts at mastic and start to peel them off so you can put it back on and make a bodged job look great again.

So I have re sealed all along the kitchen work top, which is what I got it for, re sealed around the garage door. Re sealed the kitchen window, re done the shower, and I am starting to do other peoples!!!

It used to be that getting the old stuff off was hard, cause you knew what was coming, hours of getting it off, to be replaced with something that will stop the leak or what ever, but still looks crap. But now you know that once you have the old stuff off, and then put the new stuff on with the kit, its going to look great.

I gave it 4 stars because sometimes the pieces are a bit tricky to manoeuvre around taps, but that's all.

A priceless piece of equipment.

The Last Of Us
The Last Of Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Music., 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Last Of Us (Audio CD)
Who would have thought it, a sound track to a computer game that people would buy?
But as the game is brilliant, it is enhanced so much by the music which is excellent.
A great game and a beautiful score, so glad someone had the idea of releasing it on a CD.

Dr. Beckmann Carpet Stain remover with cleaning applicator/brush -650ml
Dr. Beckmann Carpet Stain remover with cleaning applicator/brush -650ml
Offered by Ideal Home projects Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works, 28 Feb 2014
I bought this after reading the other reviews on Amazon, they had sold out so got it from eBay, but I can only reiterate what others have said. Lounge carpet, my brother spilled his entire cup of coffee. after using 1001 Trouble Shooter, it made no real difference, so I thought I would search Amazon and came across this. The stain had been on the carpet for almost 3 weeks by the time I gave this a try. I would say that after the first application, about 90% of the mark was removed. I let it dry and then did it again, its about 99% gone. Unless you were told and had it pointed out you would never know. It also does not leave any while or bleaching effect behind.

So I have been trying out on the coffee stain in the bedroom, which has been on there for over a year at least, and after a few applications its coming back to normal. Its saved me from having to replace the bedroom and living room carpets, and I would never buy anything else. Easy to use with the applicator and it actually works.

Meguiar's Water Magnet Drying Towel 55 x 76cm
Meguiar's Water Magnet Drying Towel 55 x 76cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Meguiars quality again, 21 Feb 2014
I bought this as my chammy was knackered, but they had none of the Meguiars chammy in stock so took a punt on one of these.
First ting is they are huge. I cut mine in half, one half for me the other for the wife, and then sewed up the end.

Brilliant water removal, streak free, and they hold so much water.

Another brilliant product.

Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister - Complete Collection [DVD] [1980]
Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister - Complete Collection [DVD] [1980]
Dvd ~ Paul Eddington

5.0 out of 5 stars Its not Governemnt Poilcy, just Government Practice!, 21 Feb 2014
Absolute comedy gold. Its as relevant now as it was back in the 80's. The banter between Jim Hacker and Humphrey Appleby is just surreal, its so funny and yet so believable. I imagine this is more close to what actually happens in government than we are led to believe.

Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too!
Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too!
by (Motorcycle instructor) Sean Hayes

4.0 out of 5 stars It has helped me a lot!, 25 Jun 2013
Coming from car driving to the fascinating world of motorbikes, there is so much to learn, but because I did not know anyone who rode them there were a lot of unanswered questions. This book gives you a hell of a lot of information, not just about riding but about the skills and techniques to pick up along the way. It goes into a good depth for the CBT, MOD1 and MOD2 tests, which if you are like me thrive on knowing as much as possible about what you are facing, was very very helpful.

Some great tips, diagrams etc. etc. The book is very easy to read, but some of the diagrams were a little hard to make out, which were mirror checks and which were life savers etc. but it gave me enough to get on with until I quizzed my instructor. The section on roundabouts needs to be expanded because they present the perfect world of the perfect roundabout, but as we know in the UK, roundabouts come in so many different shapes and sizes and that particular section, for a car driver revealed nothing new, however on a motorbike, roundabouts are whole different kettle of fish.

But overall I have enjoyed having it a learning companion, definitely recommend it and will continue to read it as one you pass your test, the learning of being a motor biker never ends.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2014 11:48 PM BST

An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Karl Pilkington

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilko Pants are the future !, 8 Jun 2012
The interesting thing about this programme is that you get to see these countries and holiday ideas from a fresh perspective, which is what I enjoyed from the first series. Many of these holidays that Karl goes on are ideas that me and the wife have, when we get the money ! so to see them in more reality makes it a better travel review than many other travel series.

On top of this you get Karl's perspective on things, which at times has you dying from laughter, almost rolling on the floor with laughing at some of the antics. Both I and my wife enjoyed these programmes, and enjoyed the perspective on the countries such as Japan, and Alaska, and coupled with the humour, makes for a great entertaining bunch of programmes. Its not until you talk to other people who have seen them and you relive the memories with other that you forget just how damn funny they are.

My only gripe is that I thought that Karl did not know who lucky he was to get to visit these places and appreciate them for what they are, or maybe that's my sour grapes at not being sent there myself, all paid for!

Well done Karl another great series, and plenty of re runs of this will be coming along in the future, but I think 2 series is enough !

Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax
Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 18 Feb 2012
I have used Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo for over 5 and a half years. One bottle at 15 quid lasted all this time.
time for a change so I decided on new Ultimate Wash and Wax, but I never thought it would be better than Gold Class, but it simply is.

Superbly rich suds that don't evaporate straight away and very very good at removing the dirt.

The finish after is better as well, the water runs off so well and leaves a fantastic shine, that's got wax protection in it.

I love my car and this bottle will last a few years. So at that rate it offers superb value for money.

Airfix A50059 Royal Navy HMS Illustrious 1:350 Scale Plastic Model Gift Set
Airfix A50059 Royal Navy HMS Illustrious 1:350 Scale Plastic Model Gift Set
Offered by Hobby Art & Crafts

4.0 out of 5 stars A good kit, 28 Jan 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
My brother bought this kit, but he does not make models!. He was in the Navy, I was not but I do build model kits, have been over 30 years.

The first thing is that its brilliant to be able to build a kit of a modern British Aircraft Carrier, all too often manufacturers dedicate themselves to modern American Naval craft or we get stuck with British WW2 craft, but this is where Airfix are to be applauded for finally bringing one of our great ships to kit form, all they need to do now is re model it slightly for the Ark Royal.

The kit is good, not great. Firstly throw away the paints, they are neither use no ornament, too fiddly, not enough of the main colours and do not applicate very well, so get proper enamel paints instead. Its very nicely detailed, but for me has some small gripes, mainly to do with the hull construction due to it being a waterline kit. A great idea, but the hull parts do not properly fit, especially at the stern of the ship. Filler is required to get a better fit. Overall construction is good, the instructions are okay but dull, it would be nice if they could explain exactly what it is your sticking on the model.

The superstructure goes together well, again the fit near the bridge is not great but once painted, is acceptable. Location of some parts on the sprue leave a lot to be desired, requiring very careful removal.

If you ever get the chance to build a Trumpeter or Tamiya, you will know where Airfix need to get to for the next level, the quality of parts, detail, instruction and assembly, but like I said before, its great to be able to build British modern ship.

The most outstanding feature are the decals, which truly bring the ship alive on the deck. It turns a dull model into a replica, and these are its saving grace, because once applied its just brings the ship together. It needs more planes for the deck, you only get 4 Harriers, 4 Helicopters but there is a kit you can buy for extra craft.

I am pleased to have built it and I am pleased with the finish. Certainly helps the weekend to pass by. Well done Airfix.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3)
Offered by passionFlix UK

3.0 out of 5 stars irritating...irritating... and more irritating, 12 Jun 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This game started off so well, great graphics, and your own light sabre, what more could you want?
And then it starts to go down hill....

Some of the boss battles are very, very annoying, so much so you can feel the dark side within you and you want to throw the controller out of the window.
The camera angle at times, you could spit fire its so annoying, but the load times are long, and you just get a caption of information for you to read, which when you have done the same level about 20 times because its so hard, just becomes monotonous.

Given its many faults its enjoyable, I would not pay full price, but when you get a game like this, you just think, 'the people who create these games, do they actually play them?'

They need to take a look at what Guerilla and Naughty Dog have done to see what a game should play like.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5