Profile for Dr. Pedro L. Moran-Raschio > Reviews

Content by Dr. Pedro L. M...

Dr. Pedro L. Moran-Raschio "pedroluis" (Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Cracking Creativity: The Secrets of Creative Genius for Business and Beyond
Cracking Creativity: The Secrets of Creative Genius for Business and Beyond
by Michael Michalko

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 4 July 2006
Having aproximately 60 books of self improvement, this is on of the best, I compound my creativity with this one. This is one of the starts in my collection, simple, practical , with theory and exercises what else can we ask? Well presented, organized and simple to understand. This book help me to understand creativity. Without doubt has being the cornerstone for me to understand and start by myself, I have few great ideas now, some of them funny others of great potential, others already changed my life. This book Will change your life as well?

Corporate Finance: WITH Student CD, Ethics in Finance PowerWeb AND Standard and Poor's
by Richard A Brealey

5.0 out of 5 stars Another first class book for my special bookcase., 30 Dec. 2005
I read few books in corporate finance, as an MBA student, as investor, enterpreneur and business man, this is the best I found to have in my bookcase. The corporate finance is divided in 11 chapters and the explanations and contents are so clear, which help me to understood many aspects of corporate finance which I used to do without understanding it. Examples of these are in several chapters like risk and return, manipulating real options and so on. Another thing I found quite helpful is this generation of books with webpage support web tutorial class quite amazing and I think this is the best book in corporate finance I ever had. Worth the moneys.

The Definitive Guide to Point and Figure: A Comprehensive Guide to the Theory and Practical Use of the Point and Figure Charting Method
by Jeremy du Plessis

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, another for my special bookcase., 30 Dec. 2005
I am a fundamental investor. I sometimes loose grip of the momentum, this book toghether with the Thomas Dorsey book are the best in my view for technical analysis. After reading this books twice, I understood the offer and demand mechanism with multiple examples and figures, making me feel confident in taking decisions in currencies, comodities, futures and "when to enter" or when to "go out" after my fundamental research. The detail in the technique described is quite sophisticated and helpful, I do not think any other author neither Dorsey explains so well Point to Figure Charting. Tankyou to Mr Du Plessis for teach me Point to Figure Charting.

Point and Figure Charting: The Essential Application for Forecasting and Tracking Market Prices (A Marketplace Book)
by Thomas J. Dorsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book in technical analysis, 25 Dec. 2005
I am fundamental, but this book convinced me to enter in the world of short term, to be use for commodities and currencies as I cannot value them. Later I discovered I can use this method for short term positions and I found it as an unvaluable system to complement my fundamental principles. Thank you Mr Dorsey for teach me so brilliant method of trading. Five starts as least.

Digimate L1916 19" TFT LCD Monitor - Black and Silver
Digimate L1916 19" TFT LCD Monitor - Black and Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars First class monitor if works in the first place and no joke!, 14 Nov. 2005
I bought in Feb 2005, intallation 5 minutes, working perfectly for 2 days and then death. I sent it back to amazon to be changed (thank you amazon) since it is working marvelous, no problem at all, was the gift for my mother. She is checking her intense e-mails, wirting and even doing some painting with coreldraw!
Great machine if works. The combination price, digimate and amazon is a must.

Options, Futures and Other Derivatives
Options, Futures and Other Derivatives
by John C. Hull

5.0 out of 5 stars A first class book., 11 Nov. 2005
One of the perls in my collection. Without doubt, everything that need to be known. Each chapter is organized as a masterclass: a theorical description, an explanation and some examples. I had few other books on the same subject (9) and I sold them because this is the best and the rest is repetition. I combine this with Stochastics Calculus and Financial Applications (ISBN: 0387950168) which is more academic (theorical, plenty of lovely formulas). A must combination in derivatives and futures. See my other reccomendations for English for foreigns, Latin, Maths, Medicine and Economics.

Management of Company Finance
Management of Company Finance
by J.M. Samuels

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book., 10 Nov. 2005
I bought this book 10 years ago, when I realized I should learn something about company finance. Years later after finishing my MBA and doing a PhD I still surprised from the information and explanations I can find on this book. Without doubt one of my gems in my book's collection. Nearly every topic is detailed explained in this book an usually you can get even an example. Definetely a book to have for study and reference.

Pick Stocks Like Buffett
Pick Stocks Like Buffett
by Warren Boroson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fisrt class book for investments., 27 Oct. 2005
This is one of my favorites. Detailed explanation about the strategy and plan to follow with investments. In my view one of my most detailed and sensibles after expend thousands of pounds in investment books. the third in my collection without doubt. This is the best return on equity you can have.

Spreadsheet Modeling and Decision Analysis: Practical Introduction to Management Science
by Cliff T. Ragsdale

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book which teach you how to use an spreadsheet., 27 Oct. 2005
Modelling, statistical analysis, discrimination, forecasting, goal programming, multiple objective optimizaction, non linear programming and evolutionary optimization, regresion analysis, interger linear programing and optimization, sensitivity analysis and the simplex method, decision analysis and others. A fantastic book to learn how to use the spreadsheet for complex task in an effective manner. This book is oriented to excel, but I am using it succesfully on Lotus as well. First class book without doubt.

The Buffettology Workbook: Value Investing the Buffett Way
The Buffettology Workbook: Value Investing the Buffett Way
by Mary Buffett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for investment valuations., 21 Oct. 2005
Certainly one of the best books I have, excellent exposition of the investment valuation and ideas, particularly the key points, sometimes a little confused because insist in the use of a calculator rather than offering formulation which is the academic and logical approach to expose mathematical ideas and concepts. Excellent excersises. Ideal complement Buffettology. This two books are some of the best of my book collection. This concepts maybe should be teached at school??

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5