Profile for Dr. Pedro L. Moran-Raschio > Reviews

Content by Dr. Pedro L. M...

Dr. Pedro L. Moran-Raschio "pedroluis" (Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Forex Patterns and Probabilities: Trading Strategies for Trending and Range-bound Markets (Wiley Trading)
by Ed Ponsi

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for forex., 14 July 2008
A first class book for forex, explain the importance of limits and stop losses how to calculate them and strategies with forex. One of my 4 pearls in my bookshelf for forex (see my other reviews), with this book as a base and the other 3 I managed to start succesfully as a forex trader. I reccomend this book to anybody before willing to risk in forex.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2011 8:14 PM BST

7 Winning Strategies for Trading Forex: Real and Actionable Techniques for Profiting from the Currency Markets
by Grace Cheng

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Brilliant book., 14 July 2008
This is another star in my bookshelf, I am practicing with success some of the strategies reccomended, this is quite important book in my view to do trading and forex in particular. It is simple but effective this is the key description of this book for me. This book has survive the test of the trading and still in my bookshelf. You can buy a 700 pages book in strategies and you can finish more confused than before you started.

Candlestick and Pivot Point Trading Triggers, + Website: Setups for Stock, Forex, and Futures Markets [With CDROM] [With CDROM] (Wiley Trading)
by John L. Person

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 14 July 2008
Well I can say I am a real investor/speculator. I have lost thousands yes thousands until I found this book. This book is very good I have read about 45 books of investments. It clearly explain trending and not trending strategies how to recognize them and who to analize your margins and limits. It helps you to understand a great secret: volatility. My trading has changed after this book, I am now improving dramatically, despite I use the pivot system occasionally. Essential, I would suggest to read it more than once (as least 3 times). Thank you for your help Mr Person.

Alatriste [DVD] (2006) (Spanish Import)
Alatriste [DVD] (2006) (Spanish Import)
Dvd ~ Viggo Mortensen

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Spanish epic film for many years, 29 Nov. 2007
There are few points to this film:
1.- Historically accurate shows the last glories and the begining of the end of the Spanish empire, the conflict between religion and goverment, between rich and poor, love and relationship problems, between Spain and the other countries, war techniques of the XVII century the techniques of the "tercios" (third of legion): the perfect combination of attack with the "mangas" of fusilers and defence with the "picas" which was the spanish killing machine for centuries.
2.- Beautiful description of the XVII century Spanish lost I am afraid in the translation, each comrade speaks with his own town or region ' s accent and fantastic use of the phrases and words. The dialogues of the theatre are fabulous and the soldiers in the taberns.
3.- Beautiful scenes, you can see why this film is art.
Negative points in my view:
1.- Too much subject for a single film, difficult to understand what's going on if you see it once only. Maybe two films for the subject would be right? maybe this idea of two films is too commercial and or from Hollywood?
2.- It is a pitty did not got the Goya award in Spain. I saw the Almodovar film and it was fine, but in my view this film was far more better and deserved the award.

Keep it doing to magnificent films please.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2015 11:17 AM BST

Epson Stylus DX4400 - Multifunction AIO Printer/Scanner/Copier
Epson Stylus DX4400 - Multifunction AIO Printer/Scanner/Copier

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmatched ratio quality price., 22 Nov. 2007
I went to buy a single black cartridge for an old printer of a different manufacturer at the price of 26.99 pounds! Well the printer was extremelly noise and expensive to run. I saw this particular model: Epson DX4400, I still having my old Epson Stylus Photo EX (A3 format), wonderful machine and quite robust ( I print two PhD with this with no problem at all, 10 copies each + 9 years of heavy duty work!), so I saw this one for 39 pounds with high definition printing (photo quality), scan and includes individual cartridges (cost of each of them 6.5 pounds), all colours (including black) 21 pounds pack, half of the price of the old one and goes at 5700X1440 DPI, knowing Epson it simply can' t go wrong. The only little frustation is it does not come with the UBS cable but it can be bought at amazon for 1.34 pounds!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2011 3:31 PM BST

My Kitchen in Spain: 225 Authentic Regional Recipes
My Kitchen in Spain: 225 Authentic Regional Recipes
by Janet Mendel

5.0 out of 5 stars FIrst class book for spanish cooking., 16 April 2007
I am Spanish myself. I did not know how to cook some traditional Spanish dishes. Fantastic book with 255 recipes, all of them traditional as mummy use to do them, No doubt I am improving my cookery skills with this book, preparing first class traditional Spanish cuisine and remember 100% traditional, I can assure this to you. ¡Buen provecho! (Enjoy your dinner!)

The "Daily Telegraph" Buying Bargains at Property Auctions (Lawpack Property)
The "Daily Telegraph" Buying Bargains at Property Auctions (Lawpack Property)
by Howard Gooddie

5.0 out of 5 stars FIrst class book for investing in auctions., 16 April 2007
I found this book as a basic one for buying property in auctions. I found this is the basic for build a strategy and a business plan. No doubt you cannot start to invest in auctions without this book. One of the best so far I read, you can avoid gross mistakes and you can save thousands in auctions and avoiding pitfalls. One of the most interesting list is the list of auctioneers as well as the details of organizing a business plan before the auction, have ready the bank in your side, the valuation, the project and the survey, read it, it is fantastic, you cannot ask really more for the price.

Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince: Children's Edition (Harry Potter 6)
Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince: Children's Edition (Harry Potter 6)
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 13 Feb. 2007
This is one f the books for my collection. The fantasy runs all around, the structure, the characters and the story are deeply entertaining an you get involved in the reading until finishing. Excellent story to read and enjoy.

Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate Edition (PC)
Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate Edition (PC)
Offered by Pri.Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars Good product but others do 99% the same for FREE, 7 Feb. 2007
Microsoft Office is excellent software, but why to pay when you can get on the net a free office tool who does 99% the same of the Microsoft product? [...] or [...] I understand for some corporations Microsoft office is needed for legal reasons. Another excellent software is the last Wordperfect X3. You can have Tesco software as well very cheap if you feel you need to pay. All of them do very similar things including PDF (postcript is better), direct connection to you email because we cannot attach files anymore, solver functions and so on. I am trying to say I believe it is overpriced, you can get nearly the same for free.

Microsoft Office Student & Teacher Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Student & Teacher Edition 2003

Microsoft Office is excellent software, but why to pay when you can get on the net a free office tool who does 99% the same of the Microsoft product? [...], or [...] I understand for some corporations Microsoft office is needed for legal reasons. Another excellent software is the last Wordperfect X3. You can have Tesco software as well very cheap if you feel you need to pay. All of them do very similar things including PDF (postcript is better), direct connection to you email because we cannot attach files anymore, solver functions and so on. I am trying to say I believe it is overpriced, you can get nearly the same for free.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5