Profile for Mr. J. D. Skinner > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. D. Skinner

Mr. J. D. Skinner "Skinner" (Mansfield)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit - Red (24.2MP) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Camera with loads of features, 22 Jan. 2013
I've bought the D3200 as my first venture in the world of DSLR. I've been playing with it for just over a week now and I absolutely love it. As a beginner it has some really useful auto modes which allow you to tweak one or two settings and it controls the rest.

The guide mode is good as it helps a newbie like me understand what settings to use when taking certain shots. From there I've started exploring with the settings but as of yet haven't been able to get photos as good as the auto and guide modes. I'm sure I'll get there though.

I've got some great photos with the kit lens that came with it and am unlikely to need another lens for a while. I'm looking forward to summer to get some decent country shots and get full use of the filters.

I love the Red colour, and although it has nothing to do with quality it stands out as a bit different to all the other DSLR's.

Zeikos ZE-FLK52 52mm Professional MULTI-COATED Glass Filter Kit UV Polarizer Flourescent

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 22 Jan. 2013
I bought these to compliment my new camera and they are an absolute bargain for the price.

I keep the UV filter on all the time to protect the lens as others have suggested. The circular polarising filter and Fluorescent filter have also worked under the limited testing I've done they have done exactly what they they should. The Fluorescent filter is good for photos in places like offices and at trade shows. The CP filter is great for taking photos through windows as you lose any reflection. I'm hoping to use them more when summer comes and I'm sure they will perform as well.

Neewer 52Mm Wide-Angle Lens ~Including Bag~ For Nikon D40 D50 D60 D70 D80 D40X
Neewer 52Mm Wide-Angle Lens ~Including Bag~ For Nikon D40 D50 D60 D70 D80 D40X
Offered by iTekLife Global

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for beginners (like me), 22 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my D3200 and I think it's great, especially for beginners like me.

Firstly the Wide Angle lens does offer additional scope when going for landscapes and although it cuts the very corners off that's definitely worth the trade-off.

Then you have the Macro part of the lens, which unscrews from the wide angle section. It allows you to get the lens right up to the subject. These are my findings -

I've taken a few picture to compare and for a high megapixel camera like the D3200 (24mp) it doesn't give you a better picture of the subject itself. Zooming in on a picture taken with the kit lens gives the same level of detail and quality. I was unable to produce any pictures where the subject looked better using the macro lens than a zoomed picture using the kit lens.

HOWEVER where the macro lens differs is the depth of field. With the kit lens you get a lot of detail in the background and surrounding items where as the macro lens you only really get detail of the subject and everything else looks blurry....which I really like

It also comes in a handy little case with cover for front and back of the lens (once the 2 are screwed together)

Neewer Wireless Ir Remote Control Shutter Release Ml-L3 For Nikon D40, D40X, D50, D60, D70, D70S, D80, D90, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, D3000, D7000, P7000, F55, F65, F75, N65, N75, Coolpix 8400, 8800, Pronea S, Nuvis S & Lite Touch Zoom Cameras
Offered by Global_omouk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, especially for the price, 22 Jan. 2013
I got this as I didnt want to splash out on a proper Nikon one to go with my D3200. I read the earlier reviews and most were great. It arrived quickly and worked perfectly fine. Hard to fault, hence the 5 stars

Scruffs Ranger Donut Pet Bed, Antique Brown, 46cm
Scruffs Ranger Donut Pet Bed, Antique Brown, 46cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Our cat loves this, 15 Jan. 2013
Our cat is a real heat seeker. He sleeps near the radiator or on the floor near hot pipes.

Well, he did until we bought this. He hardly comes out of it and I can see why. It feels soft and warm and really cosy. What more could a cat want?

Black Sierra Cycle Helmet - 54cm - 59cm Small Medium
Black Sierra Cycle Helmet - 54cm - 59cm Small Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Great helmet great value, 15 Jan. 2013
I bought this as I started to get into off road biking and it feels solid and if I do ever come off the bike I'm sure it will do its job.

It looks good and has holes over it so if you are one for getting a hot head while cycling, as I do, this is a real benefit

CuffCrazy Silver Professional Collar Stays
CuffCrazy Silver Professional Collar Stays
Offered by Cuff Crazy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for nice shirts, 15 Jan. 2013
Im really into nice shirt, not expensive ones but smart ones with cuff links.

These are great for people who have shirts with the little plastic collar stiffeners, insted of those that bend and get lost these are sturdy, heavy and difficult to lose.

They also keep the most stubborn collar from curling over.

Top buy

Salter 509Orsscr Gourmet Confectionery/Jam Making Thermometer With Silicone Grips
Offered by Blue-Fish

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for aspiring chefs, 15 Jan. 2013
I bought this to help with my cooking and help me know when meat is cooked.

It works really well and is very helpful. It can take a few seconds for the meter to get to the true temperature but I guess that would be similar with any thermometer.

Works to a very high temperature so is great for cooking with molten sugar and other very hot liquids.

Sakura Car Mats in Black for Vauxhall Corsa D (Fits 2007 on Models)
Sakura Car Mats in Black for Vauxhall Corsa D (Fits 2007 on Models)
Offered by Rhino Car & Van

5.0 out of 5 stars Peect fit for corsa sxi, 15 Jan. 2013
Bought these for my wife's new corsa sxi, they fit really well and looks nice too. She was looking for some that we're a bit more fancier but after putting these in she is very happy with the way they look.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Standard Edition (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Standard Edition (PS3)
Offered by rockaway-records

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game but jot the best, 15 Jan. 2013
Dont misunderstand me, this game is a good addition to the franchise. However the last few games have lacked the depth and believability that some of the older ones had.

I liked FFX and the turn based attack, however the action based attack in this gam is still good. Like all the games there's a lot to do and plenty of environments to explore and understand.

If you like the other FF games you'll like this, just don't expect it to blow your mind.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4